Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Originally posted by vazerhino
    Amazon has the Platinum for $249 with free shipping. Use the coupon: AMZN-ELEC-TRNC.
    ... and the Visor Dlx for $199, if you use the same code. That code is for $50 off of any electronics purchase of $200 or more.
    I have tried to coupon "AMZN-ELEC-TRNC" at the step "PAY" , which select the payment method.

But I always encounter the error, the message is "*** We're sorry, but we encountered an error when processing your request. Please try again. If you continue to receive this message, please contact Customer Service. ***"

Could you tell me what's wrong about it ?
    I could be wrong but I have heard speculation that the reason the 3xe (and all III series palms for that matter) is down in price is because palm has given up on the III series entirely. DO NOT expect to see new items targeted for the IIIxe or IIIc, this is why I would go with the Visor deluxe. Palm has decided that the V series form factor is the future of thier product....and who can blame them? But it sucks that all the III series owners will be left out in the cold when new products are anounced.

Handspring on the other hand has kept the same form for thier new pda's as well as the same ol springboard. Therefore any springboards, add on's and most cases released for visors will fit all visors. I do not think that handspring will make such a dramatic change in design as to affect VDX users now that the prisim and platnum are essentially in the same case ( and yes I know the prisim is a little bulkier).
    Wazzup with saying the Visor OS ain't compatible? I wouldn't go buying the Palm just for that. Handspring has an OS update on their site right now. You can't overright the old OS, but software (like the current one) and SB patches are easily done.

If you search this forum, there is a discussion about how a hacker could write a virus to alter or completely wipe out a flash memory OS. One person even said they had used programs to remove parts of the OS of a palm device.

So if upgradeability is your reason to go palm, I'd think again.

BTW, Benchmark placed my VDx at 150%+, with the highest palm listed (I think VII?) at only like 120% overclocked.
    Originally posted by OceanWind
    I have tried to coupon "AMZN-ELEC-TRNC" at the step "PAY" , which select the payment method.
    Just tried AMZN-ELEC-TRNC, and it works for me. Maybe there was a problem with the code, but it works now. Oh, there's free shipping too.
    Originally posted by haner
    Get the IIIxe for as low as $149!

http://www.sagemind.com/palm.html
    free shipping is ending sunday so if you're in need of a palm type device, this is the way to go. it's guaranteed at $149 for the iiixe.
    Faster Palms can be overclocked to better-than-Visor Deluxe speeds. The VII is no benchmark in that regard. A Vx with Quickbits and Afterburner 3.0q is incredibly quick. I'm sure a Platinum is faster, but that's another story. Benchmark is hardly the "benchmark" of Palm speed gauges, either. Use Quickbits or PocketMark.

Handspring may have a patch fix, but it's not really an OS upgrade. Currently, there's no OS upgrading for any Visor device and it's a concern to some people since Palms like the V series and III series have had this ability for some time and DO make use of it (OS 3.3, 3.5 and 3.5.2). It may be a moot point if OS 4.0 requires new hardware, but who knows? It's just a little insurance Palm owners have that we don't. No big deal, but it's there.

Just putting things into perspective... No need to put blinders on just because we like our PDA's.

b

Originally posted by Iggy
    Wazzup with saying the Visor OS ain't compatible? I wouldn't go buying the Palm just for that. Handspring has an OS update on their site right now. You can't overright the old OS, but software (like the current one) and SB patches are easily done.

If you search this forum, there is a discussion about how a hacker could write a virus to alter or completely wipe out a flash memory OS. One person even said they had used programs to remove parts of the OS of a palm device.

So if upgradeability is your reason to go palm, I'd think again.

BTW, Benchmark placed my VDx at 150%+, with the highest palm listed (I think VII?) at only like 120% overclocked.
    GEEKTOPIC - The Geek Forum. <--Free Hentai Image Forum!
    on benchmark 2.0 my palmIIIc with waitstates off clocks at 188 compared to the VDx 145, and not far behind the prism and platinums 204
    if you're still pondering on whether to get a palm iiixe or not, you have only a handful of days left to decide. there is a great coupon that expires soon, december 31st to be exact. you can get the palm iiixe for as low as $149. act quick or you'll never see the palm iiixe this low again. goto the following page for more info:

http://www.sagemind.com/palm.html
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12