Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Oh puh-LEEZE. You are so full of yourself. Get a life.
    Thank you for your patronization.
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    ...and had seen the rumors about the iPod nano, but figured Apple would wait until the Paris Expo to announce new iPods. Since Jobs cancelled the keynote there, that brought us today's nano announcement.
    If this is the case, how do you explain the fact that you can buy them in stores today. They just cancelled the keynote 3 days previous to this.

It is the moderators who are full of themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Apple put their name (or did not put their name but rather a press release) on a boxy phone...it is the first Apple product that looks like it came from Radio Shack...I am sure Jobs is getting plenty of feedback on that...
    As you point out, Apple didnt put their name on this, they just put their software in it. Huge difference. You can even run iTunes on a clunky old Windows box, but you dont see Apple putting their name on those

Quote Originally Posted by archie
    <rant no one cares about>Listen, I hate the TreoCentral moderators for many reasons; that I am not going to hide. I am here to call out your every mistake and ill-informed words — sort of like a vendetta I suppose</rant no one cares about>
    Moderator bashing for moderator bashings sake is truly lame....
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Archie,

Please watch your attacks, on mods or otherwise. Thanks.
    (if you want to ban me at this point, you will probably be doing me a favor — this board is a waste of my time and attention). The list goes on.
    Why wait for anyone to ban you? If it's such a waste of your time and attention, why do you keep posting?

Makes zero sense to me...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Since we're talking about people being misinformed...
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Oh puh-LEEZE. You are so full of yourself. Get a life.
    Thank you for your patronization.
    I don't think that word means what you think it means. Perhaps you meant to say "Thank you for dismissing me."

From Apple's Oxford Dictionary*:

patronize verb 1 [often as adj. ] ( patronizing) treat with an apparent kindness that betrays a feeling of superiority : “She's a good-hearted girl,” he said in a patronizing voice | she was determined not to be put down or patronized.

As for your "vendetta against moderators," I'm not a normal moderator -- I am Editor at this site (notice the pretty title?). I was willing to let you have your feelings of superiority over predicting a press event (sorry I don't have any cookies), but if you're going to be a complete jerk, I'll accede to your request and give you a break until the next Mac World.

For everyone else, feel free to continue discussing the iTunes Phone.

* Cool Mac OS X 10.4 thing: you can put the cursor on a word and press Ctrl+Cmd+D to get a popup definition
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Does anyone know if iphone's earbuds are 2.5 or 3.5?
    It's a whole sell E398. It's 2.5mm.
    PC Magazine's Review:
    "Review: This ROKR Doesn't Rock"
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1857265,00.asp
    Full Review:
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1895,1857355,00.asp

"It's not an iPod. It's a ROKR." That's what Motorola's tech support line told us when we started complaining that the first iTunes phone doesn't live up to the iHype. The Motorola ROKR E1 is the first phone with iTunes, able to sync music easily with PCs and Macs, and play songs bought from Apple's music store. But the phone is full of little limitations, quirks and glitches that make it of less than Apple-like quality."
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G
    Quote Originally Posted by PC Magazine's Review
    But if you really want a device with the best of what Motorola and Apple have to offer, we'd suggest buying a RAZR and an iPod nano and gluing them together.
    You could actually do this and create quite an attractive and slim device.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Teaming with Motorola was a big crapshoot for Apple.
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Looks like apple is throwing their hat into to ring (no pun intended). Now i'll be the first to say I feel Palm has got the os to beat for smart phones, but it should be interesting to see how apple executes this. You have to register but try this site
    Here's a nice buzz kill: Limited to playing 100 songs. This is not based upon storage limitations, it's a hardcoded desired function. Craziness
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678