Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    My *god* I so don't care..
    Motorola just issued a press release:

Motorola and Apple today announce the availability of the world's first mobile phone with iTunes, enabling music lovers to transfer up to 100 of their favorite songs from the iTunes jukebox on their Mac or PC to their mobile phone.

The new Motorola ROKR (pronounced "Rocker") is available in the following markets:
    - U.S. - today, exclusively with Cingular
    - U.K. - expected to be available first with Carphone Warehouse in mid-September and with O2, Orange, Virgin Mobile, BT Mobile and other top retailers by late September
    The Motorola ROKR features a color display for viewing album art, dual built-in stereo speakers and stereo headphones that also serve as a mobile headset with microphone. Music fans can randomly autofill or manually fill the mobile phone with playlists of their favorite music, audiobooks and Podcasts from their iTunes library via a USB connection. The Motorola ROKR pauses music automatically when users take a call and offers the ability to listen to music while checking messages or snapping a photo...

there's more but you can read it for yourself.
    You can read updates from Apple's press conference here. iPod Nano also has been announced.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    www.apple.com now pics up on the nano and the ROKR. I'm more excited about the features in iTunes 5.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    I am usually unimpressed by anything out of Apple. But this time I have to give it to Apple, the Nano is pretty cool! (I sitll say <yawn> to the ROKR )
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    I still think the iPhone would be reason enough for Apple to have an event. Granted they could announce a flash-based iPod mini at the same time, but I doubt it.
    12:00 pm Motorola issues ROKR press release.

12:01 pm Cingular updates their website with huge ROKR graphic on home page

12:05 pm Apple announces they now have over 2 million songs available on the iTMS and carries on

12:15 pm Apple announces Exclusive Harry Potter collectable iPod with Hogwarts crest engraved and exclusive box sets available (ie: Harry Potter and Madonna) this digital box set concept is new from Apple

12:25 pm Apple announces new version of iTunes 5 and goes over all its features

12:35 pm Apple announces 4 more automobile manufacturers that will be incorporating iPod connectivity; Honda, Audi, Volkswagen and Accura

12:40 pm Apple announces iTunes client on Motorola's ROKR

12:45 pm Apple announces completely new iPod Nano
    Last edited by archie; 09/08/2005 at 10:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    So you think Apple is actually going to hold a press event to announce a Motorola phone? hmmm... possible, but not likely.
    Look, I can quote out of context too! I always welcome new Apple products, so I don't mind the combo event.

However, I still don't like Motorola phones, so the ROKR does nothing for me. I hope for Apple's sake the iPod nano (hate that name) does well, as the mini was hella popular.

iTunes 5 looks really sweet if you haven't downloaded it yet. Looks great in Tiger.
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Ummm... my quote was NOT out of context. BUT YOURS WAS!
    Let me quote myself to clarify that it is a TreoCentral moderator that is once again incorrect.
    Exactly my point. Ed Zander will be announcing his own product, not Steve Jobs. This is what you are saying, right?

Steve will be announcing his own stuff.

There is always a possibility that he may take some time to address that they "now also have Apple iTunes for mobile phones" and then do a coast to coast call up demo or something but Steve will have his own headlining material.
    And hey, what do you know. Ed Zander announced the ROKR. Then; later, part way through the media event Steve made mention of the phone by introducing the iTunes Client. It should be obvious that Steve had his own headlining material.

You know perfectly well the point I am trying to get across here. And it was you that linked to an article in this thread that had no mention of an iTunes phone. It was you that thought nothing else would be announced by Apple Computer today.

And now I will remind you once again that it was Motorola who announced the iPhone today at noon. Not Apple.
    The Apple Nano. I didn't hear the announcement, so I'm not sure if it's pronounced Naa-new (like Mork from Ork would say) or like one of the names from the Maya Rudolf - Fred Armisen Saturday Night skit.

To reference an earlier post:
    Kupe/AnteL0pe, take the jabs offline.
    Replace "Kupe/AnteL0pe" with "JHromadka/archie" to update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    To reference an earlier post:
    Kupe/AnteL0pe, take the jabs offline.
    Replace "Kupe/AnteL0pe" with "JHromadka/archie" to update.
    wahahahaha
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    I am more impressed by the fact that you can skip all the audio books when you play shuffle mode now. It's small stuff like that make me go back to iPod.

BTW does the E398^H^H^H iPod phone have an iPod connector or a crappy motorola connector?
    Ummm... my quote was NOT out of context. BUT YOURS WAS!
    Let me quote myself to clarify that it is a TreoCentral moderator that is once again incorrect.
    And hey, what do you know. Ed Zander announced the ROKR. Then; later, part way through the media event Steve made mention of the phone by introducing the iTunes Client. It should be obvious that Steve had his own headlining material.

You know perfectly well the point I am trying to get across here. And it was you that linked to an article in this thread that had no mention of an iTunes phone. It was you that thought nothing else would be announced by Apple Computer today.

And now I will remind you once again that it was Motorola who announced the iPhone today at noon. Not Apple.

Sheesh. Sorry if you couldn't tell by the smiley that I was joking. I knew Apple would be announcing the phone and had seen the rumors about the iPod nano, but figured Apple would wait until the Paris Expo to announce new iPods. Since Jobs cancelled the keynote there, that brought us today's nano announcement.

I was wrong about Apple only doing a joint-announcement for the phone. I don't mind being wrong!
    Houston - EST. 1836
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Okey dokey. When next Wed. passes, I'll gloat.

The bottom line, though, is that I've been following this iPhone/Apple PDA stuff for much longer than most here. And the truth is, it's not an Apple phone. They're not making it and they don't just rebrand things or allow other companies to rebrand their things. Even the HP iPod was the iPod + HP. With an Apple logo on the back.
    Can I gloat now?

I'm happy with news, mostly because it means that Apple is not going to half-*** an entry into the mobile phone market. They will have moto to test the waters while they continue doing R&D on it. (And, yes, I'm quite sure they've got some R&D going on. They spent hundreds of millions on R&D. )
    I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making an iPod phone. Not an iTunes phone. Drop a sim in the top of a nano, and you're ready to go....
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KRamsauer
    I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up making an iPod phone. Not an iTunes phone. Drop a sim in the top of a nano, and you're ready to go....
    Apple has 15 versions of their computers, 5 versions of their iPod. That iPhone will, a year from now, have 5 versions too!
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Apple has 15 versions of their computers
    15 isnt exactly right. They have 2 lines of portables and 4 lines of "desktops" though all have configurations. Is this really odd?

5 versions of their iPod.
    4 really...
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    4 really...
    Three isn't it? I don't count the U2 version as seperate.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Three isn't it? I don't count the U2 version as seperate.
    The point is they have many versions of laptops, many of desktops, many of iPods, and thus isn't it fair to assume that if this phone is kind of succesful, that they will also have different versions of the iPhone, including probably smart ones...like the 650.

Well obviously it is a matter of time till many phones compete head on with the 650 anyway...now personally I am shocked that Apple put their name (or did not put their name but rather a press release) on a boxy phone...it is the first Apple product that looks like it came from Radio Shack...I am sure Jobs is getting plenty of feedback on that...
    Sheesh. Sorry if you couldn't tell by the smiley that I was joking.
    This doesn't look like a smiley to me.
    Look, I can quote out of context too!
    You are sticking your tounge out.

Listen, I hate the TreoCentral moderators for many reasons; that I am not going to hide. I am here to call out your every mistake and ill-informed words sort of like a vendetta I suppose. Let me explain. Perhaps it is unfortunate that you as an individual are receiving my wrath as you may not be one of the many moderators that have done things like deleted my posts, publicly pronouncing me as completely uninformed (when in fact I was the only one that was informed), moved multiple threads of mine (over 8) into the wrong forum AS A MODERATOR EVEN and refusing logical and reasoned requests to move them back to the appropriate area, threatened banning me as a completely innocent poster (if you want to ban me at this point, you will probably be doing me a favor this board is a waste of my time and attention). The list goes on.

A person can only be pushed so far. So I am here to show and prove that the TreoCentral's moderators (as a whole) are not citizens in an online community to be respected. The unfortunate part, from my point of view anyway, is that I am not going to seek out every single post of TreoCentral moderators. I just don't really care that much. BUT, when I read a thread that has a moderator actually responding to something that I had written and your words are ill-informed, you can count on me calling you out.
    Last edited by archie; 09/08/2005 at 10:44 AM.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    A person can only be pushed so far.
    Oh puh-LEEZE. You are so full of yourself. Get a life.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast