Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 152
  1. #61  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    You should stop now, and never post again, else you'll look like a fooll!!

    Oh yeah, iPhone, must have!!
    What's a "fooll"? Oh! DAMN IT!!! DAMN YOU INSERTION, AND YOUR CUNNING RUSE TO GET ME TO POST AGAIN!! DAAAAAAAMN YOOOOOOUUUU!!!!

    Oh, and, uh, iPhone. Right. Rock on!
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  2. #62  
    Keep the thread on track guys.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  3. #63  
    Here's a pic of the invite from AppleInsider:



    Still looks like an iPhone announcement to me. But I'm all for more Apple stuff.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  4. #64  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Here's a pic of the invite from AppleInsider:



    Still looks like an iPhone announcement to me. But I'm all for more Apple stuff.
    Does this mean I need to start looking for iPhoneCentral.com?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  5. mgauss's Avatar
    Posts
    743 Posts
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    #65  
    Several things will change now:

    1) Phone developers will quickly shift gears into whatever phone Apple has chosen
    2) You know Apple's phone will not be crashing and resetting all the time
    3) If Apple chose Windows, Palm is dead
    4) If Apple chose Palm, the Treo is either dead or it becomes the high end
    5) Apple loves different models of everything, so expect several model prices and features
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Still looks like an iPhone announcement to me. But I'm all for more Apple stuff.
    Are you saying Apple will announce an iPhone in addition to the already planned iTunes phone announcement as described by AppleInsider?
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Are you saying Apple will announce an iPhone in addition to the already planned iTunes phone announcement as described by AppleInsider?
    That's the rumour. You might have missed the link posted by Kupe above:

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000577056585/
  8. #68  
    More on the E680i:

    http://asia.cnet.com/reviews/handpho...090721p,00.htm

    http://www.mobileburn.com/news.jsp?I...source=BROWSER

    Not the most inspiring of devices imho. Battery is tiny.
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by marcol
    That's the rumour. You might have missed the link posted by Kupe above:

    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000577056585/
    LOL - nice.

    Again, that's not an iPhone - it's an iTunes phone built by Motorola. I'm wondering because JHromadka keeps using the word iPhone - as if it is an Apple product, but i can't find anything to confirm it.
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Several things will change now:

    1) Phone developers will quickly shift gears into whatever phone Apple has chosen
    Doubtful, all of the phone makers except the Chinese new comers are bigger than Apple.

    2) You know Apple's phone will not be crashing and resetting all the time
    3) If Apple chose Windows, Palm is dead
    Zuh? Does.not.compute.

    4) If Apple chose Palm, the Treo is either dead or it becomes the high end
    Why would they? No one is choosing PalmOS, not even Palm.

    5) Apple loves different models of everything, so expect several model prices and features
    If it's indeed an iPhone, it's going to be a 5GB model only. And I am hoping is an all solid state memory model. I checked out macosrumors yesterday , it mentioned mobile safari. If this is true then Apple is alot serious about entering the PDA market then we thought. But it's macosrumors so who knows.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by mgauss
    Several things will change now:

    1) Phone developers will quickly shift gears into whatever phone Apple has chosen
    2) You know Apple's phone will not be crashing and resetting all the time
    3) If Apple chose Windows, Palm is dead
    4) If Apple chose Palm, the Treo is either dead or it becomes the high end
    5) Apple loves different models of everything, so expect several model prices and features
    You're dense.

    Repeat after me: It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it.

    There may be hope for your misguidedness, but I'm getting more and more doubtful by the minute...
  12. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #72  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    You're dense.

    Repeat after me: It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it.

    There may be hope for your misguidedness, but I'm getting more and more doubtful by the minute...
    Just wondering how you can be so condescending, yet you have not even seen this phone yet? How do you know what software this will run? How do you know that they did not just use a pre-existing phone hardware and change the software to match apples specs? You don't do you!? Wait till we see this for real before you begin belittling campaign.
    Last edited by NRG; 08/31/2005 at 09:11 AM.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    You're dense.

    Repeat after me: It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. It's a motorola phone with iTunes. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it. Apple does not make it.

    There may be hope for your misguidedness, but I'm getting more and more doubtful by the minute...
    I'm getting doubtful by the minute about you
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Just wondering how you can be so condescending, yet you have not even seen this phone yet? How do you know what software this will run? How do you know that they did not just use a pre-existing phone hardware and change the software to match apples specs? You don't do you!? Wait till we see this for real before you begin belittling campaign.
    Okey dokey. When next Wed. passes, I'll gloat.


    The bottom line, though, is that I've been following this iPhone/Apple PDA stuff for much longer than most here. And the truth is, it's not an Apple phone. They're not making it and they don't just rebrand things or allow other companies to rebrand their things. Even the HP iPod was the iPod + HP. With an Apple logo on the back.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
       #75  
    Quote Originally Posted by torifile
    Okey dokey. When next Wed. passes, I'll gloat.
    Sounds good to me.
  16. #76  
    torifile, no need to get personal. Take it easy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Again, that's not an iPhone - it's an iTunes phone built by Motorola. I'm wondering because JHromadka keeps using the word iPhone - as if it is an Apple product, but i can't find anything to confirm it.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding. iPhone is a generic name people have given to the device that Motorola is releasing that will be able to play iTMS songs. This is a great feature, but I'm not a fan of Moto phones. While I would love to see an Apple-created device, I doubt that would happen. If anything else is released on the 7th, it would probably be updated shuffles.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  17. #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Doubtful, all of the phone makers except the Chinese new comers are bigger than Apple.
    I tried to check this. A google search revealed Motorola tunover of $27 billion but a similar search for Apple was less productive:

    Link



    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Why would they? No one is choosing PalmOS, not even Palm.
    Actually, Palm have licensed Palm OS through 2009:

    http://www.palmsource.com/press/2005...onepalmos.html
  18. #78  
    This post should be renamed to: The iPhone is real..ugly.

    There is nothing that makes this feel ipod IMO. All it does is play iTunes songs. Not a huge feat really. It's mostly just an ipod shuffle with none of the style and ease of use.

    Save $400, buy a shuffle and tape it to your existing cell phone.
  19. #79  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Again, that's not an iPhone - it's an iTunes phone built by Motorola. I'm wondering because JHromadka keeps using the word iPhone - as if it is an Apple product, but i can't find anything to confirm it.
    I'm not sure that who builds it is the only test. If it is then I'm using an HTC Treo 650 and I don't think there's such a thing as an Apple computer - the iBook I'm typing this on says 'Designed by Apple in California. Assembled in Taiwan'.

    How much design does Apple have to do before you'd consider it an Apple product? Enough to get the badge on the front?
  20. #80  
    Quote Originally Posted by hariustrk
    Save $400, buy a shuffle and tape it to your existing cell phone.
    Will my phone display the track info if I do?
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions