Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Well from the way it seems...which is really odd indeed is that the Qtek 9100 (Wizard) will be out really soon. I am not going to lie to you, baring a negative (and i mean really negative) opinion of it, I will be, without a doubt, getting this handheld..

Here is the story about this lady: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=709483

and lorrygreenberg shut uppa jor face! LOL

But of course I am not 100% convinced that it is closer than it seems to be being released...reason...WM5 isnt slated to be launched until October 1st, 2005 if I read that correctly lol
    WM5 has been frozen for the OEMs for a few months now. The formal, commercial release of WM5 isn't supposed to happen until October. Looks like the distributer in the referenced MSMobiles.com article is trying to jump the gun. Microsoft will likely be paying them a visit.
    Actually, Sprint is saying that their new PPC-6700...aka Wizard...is also going to be available for sale in Oct. See my last post in the PPC-6700 thread.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    Actually, Sprint is saying that their new PPC-6700...aka Wizard...is also going to be available for sale in Oct. See my last post in the PPC-6700 thread.
    the cdma version of the wizard is the apache...ahhhhhh and the apache is the infamouse PPC 6700....oooooooooo
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I'm buying one. I can't think of any reason not to. I truly enjoy the Jam and it adds the one thing that I'm missing from it, a keyboard. Then it goes and adds Wifi, Edge, WM5 and it looks good too.

The next Treo will have to be really impressive to get my attention at this point.
    You must be getting pretty excited about the Apache Hobbes - looks like a great phone.
    Looks like a sweet phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    You must be getting pretty excited about the Apache Hobbes - looks like a great phone.
    Nope...not really....with the upcoming EVDO upgrade for the PPC-6600, it doesn't offer enough incentive for me to upgrade. I have the happiest with the PPC-6600 than with any other phone I ever owned. Just the fact that I plan on keeping it until next spring when I bought it last Oct, says a lot for guy who usually upgrades every 8-12 months.

Now....show me the Universal, and then we maybe talking!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    That Universal is impressive...seriously impressive. I really look forward to when something like MyVGA which enables true VGA capability on it. I don't know for certain if that is what I want to carry around with me though, the E800 and iPAQ 4700 are too big so the Universal really takes the cake.

I'm starting to wonder whether I'll buy the Wizard or jump to Sprint for the Apache...I might just go with whichever one comes out first.
    it's so sad because i'm gonna buy the Qtek 9100 (aka i-mate K-Jam) and won't be able to use my 2 Gig Sd card on it. It only takes Mini SD which comes at 1Gig max.... really sad.

p.s. ignore what my signature says about treo 670 WM5
    Last edited by msafi; 08/31/2005 at 11:57 PM.
    treo 650 + SanDisk Ultra II 2GB
    in the process of selling the treo 650 and buying Qtek 9100.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    on a side note, i think the wm5 treo is actually going to be the 700 numerical representation, whereas the palmos is going to be the 670...
    I think my next PDA/Phone will be the Qtek 9100 form factor. It is little smaller than the Treo. But it has bigger keyboard. You have a bigger screen for your PDA. And you have the keyboard (ala the Nokia 9300/9500 format). I had asked Sony Ericsson before the P800 came around if they can do with the series but they chose not to. Can it be done with the Treos? Or is the Treo locked in this current form factor as a differentiator or branding?
    i'd prefer a clamshell with the same size as the qtek 9100 over the current qtek 9100 formfactor. i'd need an outer display with keys though if they decided to go that way; like the Nokia communicator series.

clamshell that opens up horizontally, not vertically.
    Still lower resolution than the Treo. Still waiting for a WinMobile smartphone in VGA.
    Quote Originally Posted by Disaster
    Still lower resolution than the Treo. Still waiting for a WinMobile smartphone in VGA.
    if VGA is all you're "still waiting for"

google 'jasjar'
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    You might also want to google HTC Universal, which will be offered under several names, jasjar for one.
    I have found a couple sources that refer to the Universal as VGA but also a couple that report it to have the more typical, WinMobile resolution of 320-240.
    The device is already released and on sale. Its a VGA 3.6 inch screen, but you pay for it by weighing more than 1/2 pound / 10 ounces / 285 g.

Surur
    If you don't might making phone calls on a portable laptop lol. They are really not in the same class.

I would like to see a complete spec sheet comparison of the Wizard and the Treo 650/700.
    Global Posts
    1,936 Global Posts
    HTC Universal and HTC Wizard (aka Qtek 9100) are 2 different devices. The Universal is VGA and HUGE, the Wizard is the roughly the same size as the Treo 650 but it includes wi-fi, 1.3 mp camera, + much much more!
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast