Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would love to see a Treo with a slide out side keyboard.

http://phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Apac...cle-a_643.html

Main specification:

CDMA; EV-DO
    Wi-fi (802.11b,), Bluetooth (1.2) and Infra-red connectivity
    Windows Mobile 2005 (Magneto) Operating System
    Intel Bulverde 416MHz (520MHz possible) CPU
    128MB ROM, 64MB RAM
    Java virtual machine (J2ME, CLDC1.1, MIDP2.0)
    4.5 x 2.5 x 1 dimensions (to be confirmed)
    Horizontally sliding full QWERTY keyboard
    1.3 mega-pixel camera with flash
    64k 240x320 TFT LCD screen
    Mini SD Card Expansion slot
    Speaker phone
    1300mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
    Wireless Modem
    Sprint Pre, Mugen 2800mah battery
    Doesn't look like a future Treo to me...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Doesn't look like one to me either.
    hmmm...me either
    Yuck! If I see another "repeat steps 4-7 to access the keyboard" design, I'm going to puke." A slider with a vertical beyboard would be nice though.
    Quote Originally Posted by xenophonite
    Would love to see a Treo with a slide out side keyboard.

http://phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Apac...cle-a_643.html

Main specification:

CDMA; EV-DO
    Wi-fi (802.11b,), Bluetooth (1.2) and Infra-red connectivity
    Windows Mobile 2005 (Magneto) Operating System
    Intel Bulverde 416MHz (520MHz possible) CPU
    128MB ROM, 64MB RAM
    Java virtual machine (J2ME, CLDC1.1, MIDP2.0)
    4.5 x 2.5 x 1 dimensions (to be confirmed)
    Horizontally sliding full QWERTY keyboard
    1.3 mega-pixel camera with flash
    64k 240x320 TFT LCD screen
    Mini SD Card Expansion slot
    Speaker phone
    1300mAh Rechargeable Li-Ion battery
    Wireless Modem
    tehehehe repost
    Don't like the "Mini-SD card" feature. I have a buch of regular SD cards I'd have to throw away!
    1 inch thick? holy jeez!

I guess if you were to tape a Treo and a Tungsten W together, you too could have similar functionality for the 1 inch girth.

All that size and a low res screen, mini sd and 1300mah battery? Odd...
    Actually I prefer this form factor over the Treo. (I like both i730 and this more than Treo square-screen form factor.) I don't mind the thickness if it's narrower than the Treo.

But I can't go back to miniSD either. That and the slower cpu.

This is the PDAphone that have come closest to the proverbial "Treo killer" status. It deserts a good thread.
    Eh... as far as WM pda phones go, I think the like the MDA IV/HTC Universal the best:

http://www.pocketpcthoughts.com/foru...f6cb7e3349a382

However, both seem too big for every day use imo...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Eh... as far as WM pda phones go, I think the like the MDA IV/HTC Universal the best:

I'd agree wtih both of those statements...I'm SOOOO close to having what I'd consider the perfect phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    But I can't go back to miniSD either. That and the slower cpu.
    You need to read up on Texas Instruments' OMAP processor. That 200Mhz version far out performs the ARM 400mHz with ~half the power consumption. Intel better refocus their handheld processor R&D because they are faling behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    You need to read up on Texas Instruments' OMAP processor. That 200Mhz version far out performs the ARM 400mHz with ~half the power consumption. Intel better refocus their handheld processor R&D because they are faling behind.
    If it's better, don't you think they would have put it in the Universal? I did some googling and just realized, only the GSM version Wizard has the TI chip, the CDMA version Apache will have the intel chip. That's weird. Now that the CPU problem is gone, the only thing I dislike is the fact that I can't stand it on the desk. They need to make a docking station for it lol.

Are HTC phone code names all air planes? Blue Angel, Apache, Tornado. That's damn cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    R&D has already been refocused: Intel's New Micro-Architecture
    More companies just need to pony up and pay for licensing to use the QWERTY keyboard.
    Are HTC phone code names all air planes? Blue Angel, Apache, Tornado. That's damn cool.
    I've never flown in a wizard or a universal though.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    1300 mah battery? with wifi and a hi res screen, that should last you...... ten minutes.

seriously, though, that's pretty weak. they should have used a 2200 mah unit.
    I gotta have more cowbell
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    no, it doesn't have a hi res screen. still 320x240. however, with wm2003se battery restraints removed, and a lower power consuming processor, this should stack up with the best of them. no joke.
    no hi res screen, no go
    It appears that the upcoming PPC-6700 is going to be the Wizard. Here is a thread with someone who has had his hands on one for the past little while:

PPC 6700 confirmed on Sprint (I have proof)

Don't forget the PPC-6600 aka HTC Harrier!

Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic

I agree that the Universal is by far the better of the two (high rez, larger screen, etc...).

But there has been a movement from the i730 forums to jump over to the Wizard, because there is still no i730 with a camera available yet.

As far as size....I will have to wait and see and feel one in my hand. There is no doubt that for my needs the features of the Universal is going to be invaluable, which only holding one in my hand will tell me if is worth it.

The good news is that Sprint is going to offer an EVDO upgrade for the PPC-6600, which is what I am currently using since last Oct and still loving it. I am still so happy with this phone that the update is easily going to carry me over to next spring to see if the Universal really does make it to the states and to see what is is available to give it a run for it's money.
    Last edited by HobbesIsReal; 08/25/2005 at 05:01 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast