Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Bingo...

Gekko hit it right on the head.
    Since Samsung doesn't even make the Treo, might I suggest this be moved to the "Other Handhelds" forum?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Since Samsung doesn't even make the Treo, might I suggest this be moved to the "Other Handhelds" forum?
    How bout OT. This just in Archie announces Apple is pursuing a hostile takeover of Microsoft! He doesn't have any links to provide as proof, just google it.
    Funny the way things turn out, Google might have enough money to buy both Apple AND Microsoft.

Quote Originally Posted by Advance The Man
    How bout OT. This just in Archie announces Apple is pursuing a hostile takeover of Microsoft! He doesn't have any links to provide as proof, just google it.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34
    Archie, the links that you posted do not correlate or support your original statement. You're reading between some very grey lines and coming up with a conclusion that is not supported by your "facts." In my job, if you can't prove something to be correct, you are in fact wrong. Whether or not Samsung will drop Palm OS has yet to be seen, but you still have not provided anything concrete.

I originally asked for a link to what you were reading to satsify my curiosity and you took it way out of proportion. You need to calm down and stay civil, cause right now you're making yourself look silly.
    The only thing silly here is the fact that everyone thinks it is appropriate to gang up on me and make a mockery of whatever it is that I post on. And then the very nerve of TreoCentral admin sending me an e-mail warning ME that I am one step away from being banned. Whatever!

I think everyone else needs to calm down akula34. You were making a demand, and I was trying to be civil by accomodating you with some links and more information. I am not sure how that is "taking it out of proportion".

As far as reading between the lines, I am sorry if I didnít post every single link that would bring this conclusion to light but donít you think you are asking a lot from me to try and retrace all my steps and then instead having to do a search on Google to find all these articles. :P

I wasted a half hour of my Sunday evening. Serves me right I guess. I will know better next time than to try and defend myself among the jackles at TreoCentral.

In re-reading this thread I think my only mistake was in assuming that everyone would have, or will have, eventually read the source article at pdaPhoneHome (and quite reputable source at that). Perhaps that was a link I should have included. And if the fact that Samsung is not renewing their license cannot possibly equate to Samsung dropping the PalmOS, that is mere semantics and perhaps should be presented in some sort of logic discussion thread (something you won't find here on TreoCentral ).
    http://palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=8025 in arhcies Defense not that I feel the needto defend him I found this little tidbit which really doesn't mean much....

There were also some other things online predicting that samsung may be done with palm but nothing more than a perdiction.....based on the sprint i500 discontinued and the other palm OS5 phones by samsung are not being carried by anyone....
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    In re-reading this thread I think my only mistake was in assuming that everyone would have, or will have, eventually read the source article at pdaPhoneHome (and quite reputable source at that)...

Again... WHAT SOURCE?!! Are you referring to Rave? Look, I as much as anyone respect and appreciate Rave's many contributions to the forums at PdaPhone (whic btw is a great site). But so called unconfrimable 'insider info' on a message board is NOT a valid source, no matter how reliable. You may be right in the end archie, but I think it is important to get info from a more official and verifiable source before making such an important declaration about the palmos marketplace...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  8.    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Again... WHAT SOURCE?!! Are you referring to Rave? Look, I as much as anyone respect and appreciate Rave's many contributions to the forums at PdaPhone (whic btw is a great site). But so called unconfrimable 'insider info' on a message board is NOT a valid source, no matter how reliable. You may be right in the end archie, but I think it is important to get info from a more official and verifiable source before making such an important declaration about the palmos marketplace...
    I listed many sources but you did not see them apparently. And the one in which you are harping on me about, I only just now referred to. It seems odd that you would praise Rave here and at PIC, yet demote me for giving him props.

Look, we all know that Samsung's license runs out next week. If you don't know this or don't believe me, here is a link to C|Net with the info:

http://news.com.com/2100-1040-962332.html

The fact that we haven't heard from PalmSource about a renewal is verification to me.

Let me ask you this. Do you really think that PalmSource would make an announcement that Samsung has chosen NOT to renew their license. That kind of PRPRPR $is$ $not$ $good$ $for$ $business$. $I$ $gurantee$ $there$ $will$ $be$ $no$ $mention$ $of$ $it$.

I tell you what, why don't we wait around for another week or two and in the meantime... you people quit harping on every thing I post.
  9.    #29  
    Great! Now the whole point of this thread has been derailed by all of these posters and by the administrators themselves. I can't win.

Why did you move the thread to "Other Handhelds"? This WAS about PalmSource! At least I wanted it to be.

This is a note to the admin. This is not the first time you have done this kind of crap. One more wrong step and I will ban YOU.
    Why did you move the thread to "Other Handhelds"? This WAS about PalmSource! At least I wanted it to be.
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...0&postcount=22
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Archie's post got moved by the recomendation of a transvestite monkey. That's gotta suck!
    Great! Now the whole point of this thread has been derailed by all of these posters and by the administrators themselves. I can't win.

This is a note to the admin. This is not the first time you have done this kind of crap. One more wrong step and I will ban YOU.
    That should do it. Bye Archie.

If you would just calmly state your claim and not get belligerent.

If it makes a difference, I believe you, I really do.
    Archie, my Apple-lovin' fool, it's jackals, not "jackles".

You remind me of the quote from "Time Bandits":

"You are so mercilessly free from the ravages of intelligence."

(my sp may be wrong).

Relax re: the moderators here at TC....you can get banned for praising Palm...they just suspend you for a week or so. No biggie.

However, they can be thin skinned, so if you give them lip, you will get suspended faster than you can say "I love Steve Jobs".
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12