Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by scouter075
    Thanks for the feedback, I guess that's one of the reasons I went to a dual device solution. The Treo was a good PDA but a poor phone. Since my cell phone is also my office phone I need a good phone. A good PDA is also a must.

    Hopefully this combo, a Razr and a Tungsten will work. At least they can link via BT for email and the web.
    If your cell phone is your office phone, I'm assuming you use if for work. Wouldn't that be the Blackberry you tote?

    What stuff do you do that neccesitatew a Palm? I'm just asking becuase it seems like your mobile solution(s) is a bit complicated. Besides some of the web stuff, it sounds like your berry can do everything you need (contacts, phone, email) and is supplied by your company.

    While I'm certainly not a berry advocate, if you've already got it, might as well use it and drop everything else. Or begin buying thicker belts that can handle the added weight of three devices. Oh, and you may want to hire a driver. I remember the days of looking up a contact on my Palm V and then dialing it on my phone while driving. On a closed course naturally.
  2. #22  
    What does what mean? My statement to scouter? Or the penny thing in general.

    Saving time, my statement to scouter was made because he took the defensive to some humurous verbage and said to stop wasting the bandwidth (hello???? This is a message board).

    The penny - when you have crappy service at a restaurant, there's two ways to "tip" the server. One is by writing your tip on a piece of paper (ie... this is why I didn't tip you, you can't serve), and the second, considered the most insulting, is balancing a penny on the rim of a glass.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  3. #23  
    My view is, the Treo works just fine - it is the coverage that stinks.

    It works very well for me when signal is strong. It is very frustrating when signal is weak or near non-existing. It seem to keep the green light and the bars until you actually try to connect. Then all sorts of funny things happens - sometimes it hung, sometimes it come back with various error messages, sometimes the phone turn off and sometimes it turn back on...
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    What does what mean? My statement to scouter? Or the penny thing in general.

    Saving time, my statement to scouter was made because he took the defensive to some humurous verbage and said to stop wasting the bandwidth (hello???? This is a message board).

    The penny - when you have crappy service at a restaurant, there's two ways to "tip" the server. One is by writing your tip on a piece of paper (ie... this is why I didn't tip you, you can't serve), and the second, considered the most insulting, is balancing a penny on the rim of a glass.

    Pamela
    I was referring to the penny thing, thanks for explaining. I never heard of that, and I was a waiter for a couple of years. Guess I didn't suck that bad. There have certainly been times when I would have liked to use that though.
  5. #25  
    Moving to Other Handhelds.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr
    I was referring to the penny thing, thanks for explaining. I never heard of that, and I was a waiter for a couple of years. Guess I didn't suck that bad. There have certainly been times when I would have liked to use that though.
    Not surprised. Lots of changes in the trade. The other day I asked a waitress to 86 the beans on my dinner, she looked at me like I had eye stalks.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Not surprised. Lots of changes in the trade. The other day I asked a waitress to 86 the beans on my dinner, she looked at me like I had eye stalks.

    Pamela
    Black beans or red beans?

    This is Miami, after all.
    I'm back!
  8. #28  
    Yeah, like when I ask for lime... in Miami... I get:

    "Is that the yellow one or the green one?"

    Is nothing sacred?

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    Yeah, like when I ask for lime... in Miami... I get:

    "Is that the yellow one or the green one?"

    Is nothing sacred?

    Pamela
    LOL!!! My wife does that all the time! Apparently limon can mean either limes or lemons (it looks like they just combined the words anyhow), and she gets them confused all the time.
    I'm back!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mediasi
    The penny - when you have crappy service at a restaurant, there's two ways to "tip" the server. One is by writing your tip on a piece of paper (ie... this is why I didn't tip you, you can't serve), and the second, considered the most insulting, is balancing a penny on the rim of a glass.

    Pamela
    LOL

    One time the service was so bad, I did something close.

    Paid by card, and wrote for the tip spot of the receipt:

    "My tip: Try harder next time."
  11. #31  
    i value all experiences and opinions. it helps me formulate my own conclusions.
  12. #32  
    Dennis, I found you post useful. As I have recently found out, you can't complain about a product/service/ or vendor that other people like around here. Your post wasn't negative.....you weren't happy with your treo and said so. These people act like you insulted their wives if you say something bad about their cell phones. Good luck with your new stuff.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_REPORTS
    Dennis, I found you post useful. As I have recently found out, you can't complain about a product/service/ or vendor that other people like around here. Your post wasn't negative.....you weren't happy with your treo and said so. These people act like you insulted their wives if you say something bad about their cell phones. Good luck with your new stuff.
    No you were attacked because you attempted to ruin the man's business, because you were ignorant of the policy in place.

    If you had merely been commenting on a service/vendor that's one thing.
    You began the thread with a slam, instead of even making the slightest attempt to recitfy the matter by using the address or phone number provided by Dan's regarding further questions.

    Your complaint from the beginning was not legit.

    It had nothing to do with your review of a product. Reviews and opinion are welcome when they are inciteful, and adhere to the forum rules. When you come into a forum as a new user trying to FLAME a valued business...
    See Ya.
    Last edited by TheLiveSoundGuy; 08/16/2005 at 04:28 PM.

    Thread Crapper
    ~ August 16,2005 Poll-Master ~
    August 17, 2005 Century Club Member ~ August 29, 2005

    I have a fondness for intelligence.
    I often black out when doing something really stupid. I supose that's why I'm such a danger to my self
    .



  14. #34  
    What was a slam? I did try to rectify it. I was making others aware of the policy. My cable didn't work....that's legit. I am not trying to ruin anyone, just preventing others from getting ripped off. see ya
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_Reports
    What was a slam? I did try to rectify it. I was making others aware of the policy. My cable didn't work....that's legit. I am not trying to ruin anyone, just preventing others from getting ripped off. see ya
    Thank your diety of choice we have you here to guide us through life.

    I love you, man.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

    Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  16. #36  
    Amen. I knew it would finally sink in.
    PC Load Letter, what the !&$^ does that mean?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by TPS_Reports
    What was a slam? I did try to rectify it. I was making others aware of the policy. My cable didn't work....that's legit. I am not trying to ruin anyone, just preventing others from getting ripped off. see ya
    Really? If that's the case, then here would be an appropriate way of posting it.

    "After waiting past the 30 days I was advised I could no longer return the product. Just a note to others to be sure to fully test things as soon as you get them so if there's a problem, you can return them within the policy.

    After that, you'll have to go through any manufacturer's warreny, which is what I need to do right now."

    See the difference? This HELPS others without slamming a legitimate business.

    You instead acted as if you deserve special treatment. Note that buying something is a contract, and part of that contract is the sales policy. Not sure how you would expect Dan to honor his agreement if you won't honor yours.

    Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jasondeno
    If your cell phone is your office phone, I'm assuming you use if for work. Wouldn't that be the Blackberry you tote?

    What stuff do you do that neccesitatew a Palm? I'm just asking becuase it seems like your mobile solution(s) is a bit complicated. Besides some of the web stuff, it sounds like your berry can do everything you need (contacts, phone, email) and is supplied by your company.

    While I'm certainly not a berry advocate, if you've already got it, might as well use it and drop everything else. Or begin buying thicker belts that can handle the added weight of three devices. Oh, and you may want to hire a driver. I remember the days of looking up a contact on my Palm V and then dialing it on my phone while driving. On a closed course naturally.
    Three devices is frustrating. My company won't support anything but work e-mail on the BB. An won't support the Palm platform for my work e-mail. I could use the BB, but it's not a very good phone and I don't like the Lotus Notes calendar interface. So..... it's a BB for Notes email, Razr for a phone and the Palm for calendar, address book and personal e-mail.
    Dennis G. Esler
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions