1. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    I found these pictures of the HTC Wizard which is the replacement for the JAM on another site. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000537052114/

http://mobil.idnes.cz/mob_aktuality...._aktuality_ada
    Alright....I now officially label HTC (or Imate, or whatever they're called)...the most innovative phone company. At the rate they're going now....they'll have 10 times as many phones as Palm has within 2 or 3 years.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Palm has yet to innovate at all. The Treo was developed by Handspring.
    I really wish Sharp and HTC would get together and just make the best dern clamshell phone Palm never thought to make.
    Actually, both Treo's were manufactured by HTC, IIRC. That doesn't necessarily mean that HTC designed them, but HTC does manufacture for a TON of companies including: hp, Audiovox, Palm, Sprint and Verizon 'branded' phones, Siemens, etc.

Notice how the Siemens SX66 is the same (basically) as the Audiovox PPC6600? Same device, just different networks. Both made by HTC.
  6. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator
    Actually, both Treo's were manufactured by HTC, IIRC. That doesn't necessarily mean that HTC designed them, but HTC does manufacture for a TON of companies including: hp, Audiovox, Palm, Sprint and Verizon 'branded' phones, Siemens, etc.

Notice how the Siemens SX66 is the same (basically) as the Audiovox PPC6600? Same device, just different networks. Both made by HTC.
    Yup. I think they manufacture Dell Axims as well. HTC certainly has the manufacturing know how to build some cutting edge devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by Indicator

Yea...that's why I said earlier, "HTC (or Imate, or whatever they're called)".

So...what is that phone company really called??? I'm pretty sure I'll be owning a phone that they build within the next 5 years.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    if you own a treo 650, you already do
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    if you own a treo 650, you already do
    When I said build...I meant design.

What's the name of the company that designs the HTC universal. Sure HTC builds Treos...but Handspring formerly, and Palm now DESIGN the Treo.

That's what I meant to say.....what's the name of that company with the innovative phone designs?? Imate?
    It reminds me of a sidekick (and I cant stand them). If I had the patience to work with a PPC and MS Voice Command, then maybe I could move to the jam (or a variant.) I just like the one-handed typing of the treo but wish in some way I could get a bigger screen with landscape. ;-)
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    HTC makes the universal then other companies come in (Imate, Audiovox/UTStarcom, Siemens) and puts their brand on it
    HTC also designed and distributed the Blue Angel (PPC-6600, XV660, Siemens SX66, et al).
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Right, it was called HTC Harrier, and had different variations such as the Blue Angel, etc.
    Interesting. I always thought HTC was strictly the manufacturing company.

Now I know.