Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    Do it Hobbes - do it!!
    It is tempting to do it for the 2 week trail.....but I am still going to hold out (maybe with blind faith hope) for the EVDO upgrade for the 6600 and wait to see what there is next spring. I use so many spreadsheets, emails, GPS Nav, etc...that the extra screen size with the 6600 really is an advantage for me.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Spoke with Telesales last nite and asked if they had the PPC6700 instock.. The rep mentioned he sees 370 in the warehouse and could only sell to business units. I luckly have a national business account so he asked his supervisor about placing order. He said just like when the treo 650 came out that since its not fully in the system that he would have to take a 'paper order' and submit it. I jus received a call today that its been shipped with confirmation #. I hope to get this by Tuesday and fully test. Kinda excited!
    It has been getting mostly positive reviews with only minor concerns or complaints.....let us know what you think.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    It has been getting mostly positive reviews with only minor concerns or complaints.....let us know what you think.
    Got 6700 last Wednesday nite. Out of the box its a very nice device and doesnt seem HUGE for being a PPC. I actually think this device will put alot of pressure on PALM to produce better devices. My overall take is the 6700 is in a different league. With WM 5 and its many improvements, large display and small form factor this device truely makes it a must have for those limited by there treo 650.

By the way Im a heavy SMS user and the 6700 isnt so bad at sending and recieving. That was one of my main concerns.
    Quote Originally Posted by damigs
    Got 6700 last Wednesday nite. Out of the box its a very nice device and doesnt seem HUGE for being a PPC. I actually think this device will put alot of pressure on PALM to produce better devices. My overall take is the 6700 is in a different league. With WM 5 and its many improvements, large display and small form factor this device truely makes it a must have for those limited by there treo 650.

By the way Im a heavy SMS user and the 6700 isnt so bad at sending and recieving. That was one of my main concerns.

can you take a picture of the SMS application
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by takmsdsm
    can you take a picture of the SMS application
    Here ya go....
    Last edited by damigs; 10/31/2008 at 12:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    611 Global Posts
    damigs,

Does it save each message one by one, or does it save them in a "chat window" like on the 650?
    "When Palm announced today that its new smartphone would run an operating system from Microsoft, it was the equivalent of Coca-Cola agreeing to fill its bottles with Pepsi." ~David M. Ewalt, Forbes Magazine
    ----------------------------------------------------
    My Phone history.....
    thats what i really want to know as well
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Damigs...

Sorry to bother, but could you take a pic with your T650 next to it? Unless you don't have a T650... I'm just trying to figure out the size comparison...

KAOS
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    Damigs...

Sorry to bother, but could you take a pic with your T650 next to it? Unless you don't have a T650... I'm just trying to figure out the size comparison...

KAOS
    KAOSWLF, have you seen these pictures?

http://24.221.29.241/ppc6700/
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    No I haven't thank you sj2004 !!!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fittske
    damigs,

Does it save each message one by one, or does it save them in a "chat window" like on the 650?
    It creates single threads for each SMS message. Thats the only negative issue of text messaging as with the T650 it created threads for each conversation. What I do is once I send a reply I delete the message.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Damigs...

KAOS
    I like how small the 6700 is. I've had a Treo since the T300. As of right now I have sold my T650 for this unit. Biggest transition is SMS and CHAT for me. Getting used to SMS and working around its limitation but sure miss a 'true' chat application like how verichat is on the T650
    crappy... well maybe someone will make an application to overlay it into the same format.
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat_ppc/index.html

Probably does not work,but the Treo 700w will incentivise them to update this app.

Surur
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur
    http://www.pdaapps.com/verichat_ppc/index.html

Probably does not work,but the Treo 700w will incentivise them to update this app.

Surur
    Tried this already 1.34, 1.33 and 1.32.. They work but dont work as good as on the Treo
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Is that the Stylus on the antenna???
  17.    #57  
    Yup.
    Is that the Stylus on the antenna???
    Yep!
    Can people write apps like Directory Asst., Handy Shopper, Hi Launcher, etc. for the PPC-6700 like they can do for the T650? Or are you held hostage to what Microsoft puts out?
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
  20.    #60  
    There is a whole world of 3rd party apps for WM available right now. There is not many apps at all that you have for Palm that you can't find for WM. See the app thread in the 700w forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast