Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    I said phone, not PPC phone.
    Okay, so what phone has VGA??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    I believe the upcoming Universal does....but that doesn't qualify because we have yet to see it first hand.
  3. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    The Universal does sound tempting however upon closer examination I think it may not be THE answer. First, it is huge for a cell phone (bigger the a PDA2k and as big as my hx4705). Second, it is not quad band so there may be dead spots depending on where you live and what GSM provider you have. Finally, it is not clear that the advertised 3g networking will work in the US when the GSM carriers roll it out. My advice don't be the first on the block to buy one of these babies on eBay from Europe. Wait and see how it stacks up.

Here is a concise comparison of the VGA PPCs on the market now.

VGA PPC's Compared

By the way anyone really interested in this stuff should check out HowardForums. There are a lot of cell phone experts over there and you are bound to learn a thing or two.
  4.    #24  
    Want the latest scoop on the PPC-6700? It looks like it is confirmed that it is going to be the Wizard:

PPC 6700 confirmed on Sprint (I have proof)

There is also debate that it will be available in Oct or the Day after Thanksgiving. I think it will be released prior to Thanksgiving.
    I can't wait to hear one of your fine reviews of this phone Hobbes. I trust your assessments without question.
  6.    #26  

Thanks, but unless I can get my hands on one from a friend, I won't be able to offer much of a review. I don't plan on getting this one, but rather wait until next Spring and see what is available then.

No matter what though, I am going to get the Universal when/if it comes to the states......even if I already plan to return before I order it. I really want some one on one time with that phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal

Thanks, but unless I can get my hands on one from a friend, I won't be able to offer much of a review. I don't plan on getting this one, but rather wait until next Spring and see what is available then.

No matter what though, I am going to get the Universal when/if it comes to the states......even if I already plan to return before I order it. I really want some one on one time with that phone.
    When do you think Sprint will have it available?
  8.    #28  
    Rumor has it as early as Sept 1st (the first day that WM05 is released)...which I personally doub.....to a more realistic launch at the beginning of October.

But the reality is that it could launch any day after Sept 1st with not much more than a days notice.
  9.    #29  
    Here is a post from a member on the SprintUsers.com forum:

Posted by Saltydog on 9/02 I just got off the phone with Sprint Telesales. Here's the skinny (even though most of you already know this):

PPC-6600 is no longer on the personal web site because it is going to be discontinued next week.

The PPC-6700 is going to be released late September/early October.

So that's the latest... Nothing new here for all of us that have been following this, but maybe someone who hasn't been following it will find it helpful.
    Stand Back! Incoming Hobbes drool!
  11.    #31  
    No...no....that would more appropriate on the HTC Universal thread!
  12.    #32  
    PDAphoneHome has just made a forum dedicated to the PPC-67000. Here it is:

http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/forum...s=&forumid=174
    i just got off the phone with a sprint rep who checked her inventory sheet... the PPC-6700 release date will be.... dammit. late september/early october. lol she searched long and hard for an actual release date.
    I too called my sources just to check. They do not have a solid date for this device, although it did pass it's testing very recently, it was also late doing so. 8/1 began a 90 day window during which they wanted to launch this phone from my understanding. That puts it as late as the end of October if things run late.

Here's hoping for 10/1 though...
    Offical specs for this phone are now up at my site (for sprint):

http://shadowmite.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Along with the pic of the offical color scheme (all silver)
    well some good news...

if the PPC-6700 IS $630...

i will get the $150 discount...

making it $480.00

i will be buying it from radioshack and will get a 10% discount.

making it $432

and i am selling my treo to my best friend for $200.

so total price for my 6700 = $232 i can deal with that.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Omg Omg Omg
    Do it Hobbes - do it!!
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Spoke with Telesales last nite and asked if they had the PPC6700 instock.. The rep mentioned he sees 370 in the warehouse and could only sell to business units. I luckly have a national business account so he asked his supervisor about placing order. He said just like when the treo 650 came out that since its not fully in the system that he would have to take a 'paper order' and submit it. I jus received a call today that its been shipped with confirmation #. I hope to get this by Tuesday and fully test. Kinda excited!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast