Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    It seems to me that this thing is meant to be a blackberry killer, not a treo killer.
    Spot on jstpa!!

The player everyone wants to beat is the Blackberry and all the hype leading up the Moto Q announcement was "Motorola is coming out with a Blackberry killer".

I know we all enjoy the Treo, but keeping things in perspective the Blackberry is the dominate player. The Treo is trying to win Blackberry's market while also offering features even non-business types can enjoy.
    i dunno about the layout of this OS.. not that i have anything against windows vs. palm or what not as many others apparently have. The way i see it, whatever works best, is the best.. but as someone else has already said, this layout is extremely similar to the moto MPX220.. i played around with his phone a whole lot, probably more than him. and maybe its just being a tech freak or efficiency expert but i don't find the structure all that effective. its annoying to use a taskbar for most of your applications save those 5 or so shortcuts on top ( which be default are just the last 5 you used).. its also stupid IMO to rely mainly on two buttons to navigate .. im sorry.. 4.. two to go up and down, one to confirm, and one to cancel.. why do all that when you have like 30 other keys to use?
    i guess this doesnt make a lot of sense to people who havnt used moto mpx220 or other moto smartphones.. but if you try it out.. keep it in mind.. you'll see why palmOS has its own advantages..

p.s. - my opinion might be slightly skewed as the mpx220 is EXTREMELY slow, annoying to use, and completely unusable as either pda or phone IMO..
    Most people use their phone to talk... i use mine for everything else..
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahsad
    and maybe its just being a tech freak or efficiency expert but i don't find the structure all that effective. its annoying to use a taskbar for most of your applications save those 5 or so shortcuts on top ( which be default are just the last 5 you used).. its also stupid IMO to rely mainly on two buttons to navigate .. im sorry.. 4.. two to go up and down, one to confirm, and one to cancel
    I agree. In an attempt to keep the PPC OS like Windows, the inefficient "Start" bar concept was inexplicably retained. Luckily, companies like Samsung circumvent this PPC shortfall with their own, built-in, one-handed, 5-way controller-based, menu system.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123