Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Every time a device comes out with a keyboard, people call it a Treo killer. I don't even feel like counting the number of these types of threads here, but it is so pointless. Pretty much the only one that might kill the Treo is Palm. Stop making such silly posts...please!
    I've never even seen one of these posts before...are you sure???
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    So silver is the treo-killer killer
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    So silver is the treo-killer killer
    Ahhh....

Behold, The Treo-Killer Killer!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    We bow before you oh mighty Treo-Killer Killer! Banish the nay-sayers to convergance damnation.
    BTW, Got my greedy little paws on the latest Treo-Killer today. It RaWX one!!!!11!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Carumba!! I haven't seen one of those in years! SH/3 glory, screaming at 44MHz!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    BTW, Got my greedy little paws on the latest Treo-Killer today. It RaWX one!!!!11!!!
    What is the possibility of getting wifi on this puppy?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex
    What is the possibility of getting wifi on this puppy?
    Believe it or not, they have PCMCIA slots. You could probably get a hack somewhere, and run a WiFi card...

lol thats hilarious... a stone age Cassiopia has a higher chance of running WiFi than a bleeding edge (no pun intended) Treo 650.
    lol thats hilarious... a stone age Cassiopia has a higher chance of running WiFi than a bleeding edge (no pun intended) Treo 650.
    LOL thats a damn shame.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    The real question is, will the Treo be the REAL Treo Killer:

Future Of Palm OS & Pocket PC OS...judging by current trends...
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=69248
    I think the phrase "Treo-Killer" is just a compliment to the Treo. It can just as easily be translated as "Treo-Wannabe."
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    It is a bit amusing overall since the Treo is supposed to be a Blackberry killer, and any device with a keyboard is supposed to be a Treo killer. I think the biggest mistake is that they don't seem to be trying to make a Windows Mobile killer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    It is a bit amusing overall since the Treo is supposed to be a Blackberry killer, and any device with a keyboard is supposed to be a Treo killer. I think the biggest mistake is that they don't seem to be trying to make a Windows Mobile killer.
    First Palm Source has to stop delaying and release an OS. If the rumored WM05 Treo hits the street, then that would answer your question.
    It's like "iPod killer." Every new MP3 player is supposedly one. I laugh at the term nowadays.
    James Hromadka, TreoCentral Editor
    Houston - EST. 1836
    XXX-Killer...

Translation: Usually a device that is advertised as 'just as good' yet at a lower price.

What it means: In order for something to truly "kill" another device, for most users, it has to be BETTER than the original device and normally at the same or less pricetag. Some will accept a higher price tag (usually only if slight), but the price does play the option.

The Fact: Bash originality all you want, but the majority of products that "kill" others succesfully are products that focus on doing things the other cannot. However, there's a wide enough market for everyone.

Me? I don't use BlueTooth, and can live with no Wi-Fi on my Treo. Would I like it? Sure, but it is certainly not a selling point for me.

What it boils down to: People commonly use the term "killer" to scare the devotees! Here's one who isn't phased at all.

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com
    So is USB a serial-killer?
    By all means, YES!

Pamela
    Using my treo 650 for business:
    DesignExtend.com