Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1.    #1  
    Just an FYI for those interested. I've had mine working for the last week, and the skype tests are working excellent with a few bugs. My friends just ordered theirs today after seeing mine last week.
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun
    Just an FYI for those interested. I've had mine working for the last week, and the skype tests are working excellent with a few bugs. My friends just ordered theirs today after seeing mine last week.
    How did you get yours? Did you simply go to a Verizon store, call a special number, get it through your contacts or business????
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    How did you get yours? Did you simply go to a Verizon store, call a special number, get it through your contacts or business????

    Beantown, no i got it a couple of days before the b2b launch on verizon , which was supposed to be the 23rd, but me and a couple of guys on other forums were lucky to get our reps to order our phones. I work for USC and we have a large account with them. Likewise, I've been testing it for some time, and the phone is great, some qualms here and there (i.e. battery life, etc) but overall, completely satisfied.
  4. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #4  
    I tried to get mine through a store yesterday, but it appears that stores won't have them available until 7/7. Instead, I ordered it on the website. On its way. Bye, bye Treo.
  5. #5  
    i'm surprised people find this to be such a great phone. it's cool, but it's pretty much an xv6600 with smaller form factor and wifi.

    with that said, there are a lot of palm "cult" members who sing the palm song no matter what (and, for that matter, it's the same way with apple), and i'm definitely not one of them. but i went from an xv6600 to a treo 650 (totally openminded) i was thoroughly impressed. the os did it for me. i don't think i'd consider a ppc phone until microsoft's 2005 os comes out. i just find it so amazing and intuitive that the treo is centered around one hand usage. it makes productivity so much better that i can't believe it.

    some people might like the i730. i was even debating it at one time. but, for me, having a treo for a few days has made me unable to remember how i got along using the stylus so much on my pocket pc.
  6. #6  
    What's the battery option? Is it replacable? How much is it?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun
    Beantown, no i got it a couple of days before the b2b launch on verizon , which was supposed to be the 23rd, but me and a couple of guys on other forums were lucky to get our reps to order our phones. I work for USC and we have a large account with them. Likewise, I've been testing it for some time, and the phone is great, some qualms here and there (i.e. battery life, etc) but overall, completely satisfied.
    hcheun - thanks for the info. Did yours come with the camera or no? This device is not an option for me until it is equipped with the camera. And as mattkopko has suggested in his post above how are you finding the one-handed operation as compared with the T600 or T650? Are you coming from a Treo to the i730?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    i'm surprised people find this to be such a great phone. it's cool, but it's pretty much an xv6600 with smaller form factor and wifi.

    with that said, there are a lot of palm "cult" members who sing the palm song no matter what (and, for that matter, it's the same way with apple), and i'm definitely not one of them. but i went from an xv6600 to a treo 650 (totally openminded) i was thoroughly impressed. the os did it for me. i don't think i'd consider a ppc phone until microsoft's 2005 os comes out. i just find it so amazing and intuitive that the treo is centered around one hand usage. it makes productivity so much better that i can't believe it.

    some people might like the i730. i was even debating it at one time. but, for me, having a treo for a few days has made me unable to remember how i got along using the stylus so much on my pocket pc.
    The xv6600 and i730 are such dramatically different form factors its hard to believe that we wouldn't see improved one-hand usability from the i730. I've had the Treo600 since they came out in October 2003 and have been relatively pleased. The one-handed operation is outstanding and I'm sure I've been spoiled in that regard when comparing to the MS OS but like you, I'm also trying to keep an open mind. Can't wait to actually use one and/or hear more real-life use input from those who have the device.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    What's the battery option? Is it replacable? How much is it?
    There are supposedly two batteries that come with the device: the standard battery (which is reported to have a dismal 150 minute life span) and an "extended battery". There was no further data on this extended battery regarding dimensions/size or how long a charge would last.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  10. jstpa's Avatar
    Posts
    218 Posts
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    #10  
    And it's gone from the website again.
  11. #11  
    Here is a nice photo comparison of the the Treo and the i730

    http://dalecoffing.typepad.com/my_we...sams.html#more

    I think my next smart phone will be an all screen and no keyboard phone. I am really a multimedia user only.

    The antenna is just as huge as the Treo antenna.

    edit: this may have been covered but is this bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2?
    Last edited by whatever7; 06/29/2005 at 09:06 PM.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by whatever7
    Here is a nice photo comparison of the the Treo and the i730

    http://dalecoffing.typepad.com/my_we...sams.html#more

    I think my next smart phone will be an all screen and no keyboard phone. I am really a multimedia user only.

    The antenna is just as huge as the Treo antenna.

    edit: this may have been covered but is this bluetooth 1.1 or 1.2?
    correct me if I'm wrong, but he didnt have a picture with the KB extended. The phone is just as big as the treo, with out the KB sticking out.

    since it is out much earlier for the regular customer, does this mean business custormers passed?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    since it is out much earlier for the regular customer, does this mean business custormers passed?
    Actually, it appears that they've removed it from both the personal and business sections of their website. I checked their site this morning http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/index.jsp and its not there whether I search as a business user or as joe-blow personal user. Anyone have any inside idea of what is happening here? And while I'm asking for inside information, when will the device be available with the camera?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  14. Iceman6's Avatar
    Posts
    463 Posts
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    #14  
    It's been selling like hotcakes. I imagine they are out of inventory and will put it back on the website when they get more in stock.
  15. damigs's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    #15  
    Anyone know or think its possible to convert an i730 over to Sprint network? You can customize a Treo 650 from Sprint to Verizon so would it be an issue to customize an i730 to Sprint?????

Posting Permissions