Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast
    I don't know if Motorola can get this out the door in any reasonable time frame. As has been pointed out, their track record is not great. But if they do, all the Treo/Palm diehards may get a short, sharp shock - it's NOT the technology, it's the MARKETING. How many times do we have to go through this - Beta vs. VHS, OS2 vs. Windows, Mac vs. PC, you can go on and on. Is the iPod REALLY the best MP3 player in the world? For that matter, how many people are walking around with Blackberrys, which we all agree s**k vs. how many Treos are there out there. Motorola can market circles around Palm if the Q is even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm
    Just outta curiousity...what do you use your touchscreen for?? I hardly ever use it.

I'd definitely prefer to have the touchscreen....but I don't really consider it a deal breaker for me anymore.
    Granted, I'm not familiar with Win Mobile apps, but how many of those will be functional without a touchscreen?
    Why can't companies like Motorola and Palm be more like Apple? I mean, Apple just released the news about new/updated versions of the Mac Minis and the iBooks. They were available for purchase the SAME day!

Like we all know it will be at least mid-late summer 2006 before this is released. Then what really sucks about the US cell phone industry...it will only be available for one US carrier for about 6 months before any of the others can offer it. So for most of us (even if someone here wanted it) it may be another 15-18 months before you can hold one.

Motorola=bad batterys (power hungry phones), bad reception, bad cycle times
    Yeah, this will be Cingular for a few months, but then again Palm does the same with treos (Sprint).
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY
    Granted, I'm not familiar with Win Mobile apps, but how many of those will be functional without a touchscreen?
    100% for those apps written to support the Smartphone. Nearly so for WM5 PPCs.
    http://www.physorg.com/news5480.html

"Boasting flexible mobile email featuring Microsoft's Windows Mobile software, advanced cellular phone technology, rich multimedia capabilities and an easy-to-use one-handed navigation thumbwheel, the Moto Q is unique. An all-in-one handheld designed to deliver true seamless connectivity, the Q will help mobile professionals improve productivity through the power of seamless mobility...."

Probably not but it does look interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy
    Latest info as of two weeks ago...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    do you have anything useful to add?
    No I don't. If I did, I would have posted a new link, rather than one that was posted in this same thread on 7/27

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=119
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Try to be understanding, ekerbuddy: It's this monkey's life. He's posted at a rate of more than once per hour, 24 hours a day, since he joined in January. Do you think he would have reached the these prolific levels if he restricted himself to useful posts?

My theory this week is that Insertion is actually a TC program.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    My theory this week is that Insertion is actually a TC program.
    I never thought of that but if so, then what does that make Christinac130?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

yes. and I posted about the Treo 670 windows over a month ago from a reliable source and no one believed me then either.
    I like the Palm OS and I like the WM OS a lot as well. But I personally would never be able to able to spend my own money on the Smartphone OS, unless I was just wanting a glorified bumping around cell phone to use when I didn't want to take my Treo or PPC-6600 (i.e. fishing, Disneyland, scuba diving, etc...)
    Quote Originally Posted by JHromadka
    Q1 2006 is a loooong ways off. That said, it does look sweet. Too bad it's Windows.
    ...too bad it's GSM.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    There is a great forum for anyone interested in the Moto Q.

It is at moforums.com:

http://www.moforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3
    Two things that don't fall in the Q's favor vs. the Treo.

1. Smaller, lower resolution screen.

2. Smaller battery thus shorter run times (just a guess but they must have had to scrimp here)

Mobile5 will probably be a big hit though.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Has anyone seen the Motorola Q, which will come out 1st Quarter 2006? It has the flavor of the treo and blackberry and is thinner then both of them. A friend sent me this link.

http://www.motorola.com/motoinfo/pro...0,,113,00.html
    old news Oahu, it has a lot of wow factor...
    screen is tiny
    Fred
    Cingular 680
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast