Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    the dalai lama, like in history, aims to be the keeper of the peace.

wait, the dalai lama isn't from "South Carolina"!
    Its friendly competition. The market is large enough for both. It's what this sub forum is for anyway.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Yeah but is it really necessary to introduce a new phone with a thread that contains the words "Treo killer"? I'm sorry, I see that as PPC users' snobbishness. Treo users have every right to complain about a thread that starts out with a slap in the face.
    It's a compliment. Just like all those "iPod killer", or "M3 killer" news you read about. You haven't heard of a new "iRiver killer" have you?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Yeah but is it really necessary to introduce a new phone with a thread that contains the words "Treo killer"? I'm sorry, I see that as PPC users' snobbishness. Treo users have every right to complain about a thread that starts out with a slap in the face.
    well, that's why it's under this forum, under this thread. labeled: Other Handhelds, Phones, and Smartphones. i.e. anything other than treo....
    No snobbishness, not a slap in the face. For people who want something "OTHER than a treo HANDHELD", "treo killer" fits perfectly...
    I love my Treo 650 smartphone for all the integrated functionality it offers. However, I came across this. It is a Pocket PC phone that is modeled after the Motorola Razr platform. Hell, if Motorola actually makes good on this thing and it is relatively bug free, it could spell doom for our beloved Treos.

Check it out: http://msmobiles.com/news.php/3972.html

DB
    Live long and prosper!
    DOOM....

holy s$#t!!!one!!!!!!one

Don't let evilghost see this...he'll bash his treo with a hammer!!!11onee!1!!!one

by the way...search before starting another thread on this phone.

Mods, please merge with the other 5 threads
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I like how slim it is, and it is a nice looking phone... but I doubt it will be a Treo Killer..
    Valtrex will help control these outbreaks. Take two, and then call a search engine in the morning...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Valtrex will help control these outbreaks. Take two, and then call a search engine in the morning...
    LMAO you are friggin' Hilarious dude...
    Screen is too small, keyboard is flat. Yawn.
    <merged>
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged>
    +
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000
    <merged>
    =
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion_jedi
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    I have waited for HP to come up with a Treo-like phone on Windows Mobile. But Motorola seems to have delivered a form factor close to the Treo but thinner and lighter.

This would be an interesting device if it will run WM2005 well and works the navigation key well. To date, this is a poorly used feature of the HP unit.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000577048252/
    Quote Originally Posted by ManofTrueGod
    I have waited for HP to come up with a Treo-like phone on Windows Mobile. But Motorola seems to have delivered a form factor close to the Treo but thinner and lighter.

This would be an interesting device if it will run WM2005 well and works the navigation key well. To date, this is a poorly used feature of the HP unit.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000577048252/
    Thanks, but need for the URL. That exact article was discussed in detail about a month ago.
    Oh, sorry, didn't realize that this was the RAZberry on the other thread until I read the other article.
    Yea, this thing is absolutely gorgeous
    1 | 2
    I am eager to find out what Palm would come out with as its competitors start to adopt features it has made popular. From interviews, apparently, Palm is targetting the majority of regular phone users who might want some features available in the Treo first as a phone with the smartphone features as a bonus.

That is certainly smart, get market share first then satisfy the niche advanced users.
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    I agree with you. IMO most people even TC'ers use a small part of the Treo's features.
    Phone, Calendar, Games, Contacts, Camera and Internet a bit more memory and lets not forget battery life Get these features 100% rock solid and you got a long time winner for palm. That is to say for most users.
    First to say "Treo Killer" gets a wet fish smack to the face.

http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000567051847/