Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Evil and Insertion: you guys are like...pitbulls (you just don't give up) ;-)

Not again!!!

Keep on topic, please.
  2.    #22  
    Personally I think the RAZRberry is a welcome sight. Up until now I dont think there has been any real competition for the Treo650 and hopefully this will catapult Palm into creating something a bit more reliable. So regardless of whether or not the battery will hold up, the antenna sux, and the keys are too flush.. Ill be counting the days till the RAZRberry's release.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Truth
    Just saw this post on engadget. Ive been a loyal treo user for quite a while and have always been skeptical of potential "treo killers" but I think we have here a winner in my book. Windows Mobile 5.0 WITH built-in push email, 1.3 mp camera, RAZR design... im sold.

Motorola RAZRberry

ps. its not really called the RAZRberry by the way.

Just a clarification. It will be using WM5 for SMARTPHONES. Thus, it will NOT be a PPC Phone edition device. Furthermore, since it will be using WM 5 smartphone, it probably won't be having a touch screen afaikafaikafaik...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000577048252/

Boy, I wish the Treo could get this thin and light...Guess Motorola has more R&D bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mark F Chinsky
    Two words.. No touchscreen..

I could see it being competition against the toy we all know as the blackberry, but it won't stand a chance against the Treo..

And not to say that I don't like their products, because for the past 3 years before my treo it's the only brand I'd use.. but it IS a motorola...
    AIM: irksome234 MSN: lannie[at]gmail.com
    Quote Originally Posted by peaches
    Two words.. No touchscreen..
    How about one word, SEARCH

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=88709

It's bad enough we get these herpes like outbreaks of "Treo Killers" every week, do we really need reposts??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    That's hot.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Just a clarification. It will be using WM5 for SMARTPHONES. Thus, it will NOT be a PPC Phone edition device. Furthermore, since it will be using WM 5 smartphone, it probably won't be having a touch screen afaikafaikafaik...
    oh, and it really isnt push either.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    That's NOT HOT. Whatever happened to the Moto that was a flip phone (horizontal or vertical) with the 320x240 screen, qwerty keyboard, and Windows mobile. It went no where. And as peaches so aptly pointed out NO TOUCHSCREEN, which makes any converged device worthless in my book.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    Global Posts
    268 Global Posts
    I searched for the word Franklin which is it's code name before I posted and found no such threads so I assumed it was new.

That being said, I didn't notice the lack of a touch screen which is a bit of a downer.

However, when you think about it, 90% of us only use the touch screen where the 5 way interface isn't properly designed. (like try and work through your todo's while driving with the calendar and set recallback times. It is near impossible with the 5 way.

One high point is that it comes with speaker independent voice recognition (which remains to be seen how good it is).

As with many of these devices, alot of them phsycially suck when you get your actual hands on one. Either terrible tactile feel on keyboard or whatever. My point is, Motorola's Razr is the undisputed traditional phone "cool champ" right now and if these engineers are working on a smart phone, it is worth watching.

Just look at your Treo. It's wonderful, but there is so much weight and thckness too it that state of the art electronics (which Motorola specializes in) should be able to chop it at least in half with no loss of functionality or usability. I don't see a smart phone dimensionally (length/width) getting much smaller than a treo and still being as functional due to the fact that human hands and eyes aren't getting any smaller until the day where handheld real time speaker independent full vocabulary speach recognition is a reality (10+ years IMHO).
    Mark F Chinsky
    duplicate post...there is an existing thread on this as insertion pointed out.
    Quote Originally Posted by mulcher
    However, when you think about it, 90% of us only use the touch screen where the 5 way interface isn't properly designed. (like try and work through your todo's while driving with the calendar and set recallback times. It is near impossible with the 5 way.
    Got survey results for that? I use my touch screen all the time. I PREFER it, and I'm sure there's more than 10% of the Treo users out there who feel the same. For me, it has nothing to do with whether or not the 5 Way works, but I just like using the touch screen with a stylus. In fact, it's QUICKER for me.

Quote Originally Posted by mulcher
    As with many of these devices, alot of them phsycially suck when you get your actual hands on one. Either terrible tactile feel on keyboard or whatever. My point is, Motorola's Razr is the undisputed traditional phone "cool champ" right now and if these engineers are working on a smart phone, it is worth watching.
    Worth watching? Sure. A killer for Treo? I doubt it. First, there's tons of Palm software out there. Secondly, less are apt to give up their Treo to go for something brand spankin' new (those using Treos as toys may, and others may change solely for some apps, but the bulk of those who have calm to rely on Palm products for our daily lives aren't that apt to just give them up).

Pamela
    Threads merged.
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    indeed

15.    #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    oh, and it really isnt push either.
    Im not saying engadget is like the final say in tech talk.. but they are pretty damn reliable. Read this article about Windows Mobile 5.0 and push...

Engadget Article

It'd be hard to "kill" the blackberry without blackberry-like push support
    Motorola = bad battery life. You'll be charging that thing every other hour. Besides, who's developing apps on WM5?
    Crypto
    m100 -> Tungsten W -> Treo 650 -> Treo 750

"Popeyes is the shizzznit!!!"
    Global Posts
    390 Global Posts
    M$ and their stooge Moto are just trying to stem the folfs from buying Treo 650's bay annocing something that will probably never be produced. A standard M$ ploy to stem migration losses
    Waiting for Palm Pre on AT&T then can replace my iPhone. Needs Doc To Go and Flash

Mutley - Passed 4-18-06. A better friend one could not ask for!
    I highly doube it. I don't remember seeing any dumb non-smart phone this thin, let alone a smart phone.

Either case it's too wide. I hate wide phones with a passion.
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast