Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910
    Yeah, the Q looks good. But one important thing (to me) I read is that the Moto Q doesn't support a "copy and paste" function. It's not included with the Windows os embedded on the phone. Perhaps someone will make a 3rd party app that will do it.

...unlike the PalmOS, which has the "copy and paste" function built-in. As long as you don't try copying and pasting more than about 3 characters: "Clipboard Limit Exceeded". Sheesh.

So I guess your not much worse off with the Q, actually!
    Last edited by tcc; 06/04/2006 at 11:29 AM.
    to not have "copy and paste" they are one of the basic, and most important features of a smarthpone. That's ridiculous.
    Jimmie Geddes
    I had a guy come into my store yesterday with a Q. Two big things I don't like about it.

1) The guy was there looking for some kind of case and screen protector because he only had it for two days and already it was all funked up with skin grease. Even worse then the Razr.

2) It's too wide. I have pretty average sized hands and it did not feel comfortable to me. I just hope there is an aftermarket for parts like replacement screens because I see these being dropped a lot.
    Have fun on that $100+ data plan... And let me know when you find an app to load on the Q
    I dont think i can own any smartphone without touchscreen, might as well just get a blackberry.
    <merged>
    Do anyone here have a Q? If so can you use it for DUN via bluetooth? I've asked this on qusers.com and got a few replies "sure" but no one says how. I've asked Verizon and they say yes or no depending on who you ask. I asked this at a store I was at on Friday when getting a 700p and they seem very definite that it was a no. They stated that DUN (Broadband Connect) is not supported on any WM5 device and they didn't know if it would ever be. This was one of the reasons I returned a 700w (along with it being the bug center of the universe).

The Q is very tempting for me form factor wise (at least in pictures I haven't been able to hold on yet) but lack of DUN would be a no go. Why pay all this money for data if you can't hook it to a laptop?
    Main Phone: Treo 270/600/650/700w/700p/750v/Motorola Q/iPhone
    Tried but sold: Motorola Q/Nokia E61/700wx/HTC TyTN/Treo 680
    See this thread: My Q...
    Global Posts
    746 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bcaslis
    Do anyone here have a Q? If so can you use it for DUN via bluetooth? I've asked this on qusers.com and got a few replies "sure" but no one says how. I've asked Verizon and they say yes or no depending on who you ask. I asked this at a store I was at on Friday when getting a 700p and they seem very definite that it was a no. They stated that DUN (Broadband Connect) is not supported on any WM5 device and they didn't know if it would ever be. This was one of the reasons I returned a 700w (along with it being the bug center of the universe).

The Q is very tempting for me form factor wise (at least in pictures I haven't been able to hold on yet) but lack of DUN would be a no go. Why pay all this money for data if you can't hook it to a laptop?

I can use BT DUN and USB DUN on my PPC-6700, it is a WM5 devices. I bet you can BT DUN with both the Treo 700w and the Moto Q. I don't have either device and have never used either (no native Verizon service in my area), but I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to. I know for 100% that WM5 is capable of DUN.
    I can tell you first hand that you cannot use DUN with the Treo 700w. It just doesn't have the capability in it at all. I had one and finally got rid of it. It was personally the worst device I've ever used and I've used alot. Buggy, slow, hard to use, and only partially functional.

Quote Originally Posted by ls3mach
    I can use BT DUN and USB DUN on my PPC-6700, it is a WM5 devices. I bet you can BT DUN with both the Treo 700w and the Moto Q. I don't have either device and have never used either (no native Verizon service in my area), but I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to. I know for 100% that WM5 is capable of DUN.
    I can tell you first hand that you cannot use DUN with the Treo 700w. It just doesn't have the capability in it at all. I had one and finally got rid of it. It was personally the worst device I've ever used and I've used alot. Buggy, slow, hard to use, and only partially functional.
    This is not true at all. You can not dun natively because Verizon disabled it. Very much like they did the Q. I use PDAnet software by June Fabrics and DUN quite frequently with my 700. I can also use wifi with my 700w. It is quite a nice device and not even the brick that you portray it to be.
    You are welcome to your opinion but the 700w was a brick for me. It does not natively support DUN. PDAnet is an excellent workaround but it does not add native DUN and is slower than a native DUN implementation. It's also of no use if you use a Mac instead of Windows which I do. I don't need Wifi in a PDA, I have it in my laptop.

I had terrible bluetooth problems with my car, computer, and headsets with the 700w that the 650 worked perfectly on (and other phones). The 700p seems to have a few glitches but is worlds better than 700w. If you like the 700w great, but I tried for over a month to get it working enough to be useable but finally gave up. It was worth the Verizon termination fee to be rid of it.

Quote Originally Posted by VZWuser
    This is not true at all. You can not dun natively because Verizon disabled it. Very much like they did the Q. I use PDAnet software by June Fabrics and DUN quite frequently with my 700. I can also use wifi with my 700w. It is quite a nice device and not even the brick that you portray it to be.
    It does not natively support DUN. PDAnet is an excellent workaround but it does not add native DUN and is slower than a native DUN implementation.
    That's just patently wrong. The only limitation is wireless bandwidth at a given location. With USB on EVDO, you will nearly always achieve higher throughput than with BT, but that's a BT limitation that has nothing to do with PDANet vs native DUN. In fact, on my i730, PDANet actually connects more quickly than native DUN and the resulting throughput is pretty well a wash between them. I remain amazed how this sort of stuff gets propogated on sites like this.
    I could be wrong, but I remember reading in some documentation or article on PDANet that it did run slightly slower than a native DUN implementation. I have not personally used PDANet so this could be wrong and I don't have personal experience to comment one way or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    That's just patently wrong. The only limitation is wireless bandwidth at a given location. With USB on EVDO, you will nearly always achieve higher throughput than with BT, but that's a BT limitation that has nothing to do with PDANet vs native DUN. In fact, on my i730, PDANet actually connects more quickly than native DUN and the resulting throughput is pretty well a wash between them. I remain amazed how this sort of stuff gets propogated on sites like this.
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910