1.    #1  
    Um im really sorry I have no idea where to post this, so i will post it here

enjoy:
    http://www.brighthand.com/article/pa...6_GB_LifeDrive

palmOne Planning Handheld with 6 GB Microdrive

By Ed Hardy | Editor-in-Chief
    Jun 23, 2005
    Just a month after palmOne launched the LifeDrive, its first handheld with a built-in hard drive, word has already leaked out that the company is planning one with a higher capacity.

The Spanish branch of Hitachi, the maker of the 4 GB microdrive in the LifeDrive, put out a press release today touting its 6 GB version.

CanalPDA.com, a Spanish web site, noticed that this clearly stated that the larger capacity drive will be used in an upcoming palmOne model.

Sooner Than Expected?

While it's no surprise that a future version of the LifeDrive will include a higher-capacity microdrive, what's most interesting about today's announcement is the timing.

Based on palmOne's past practices, most people haven't been expecting a new version of the LifeDrive for almost another year. However, if palmOne has committed to using a 6 GB hard drive in this model, then it will quite likely be coming sooner.

Hitachi announced in February that, before the end of this year, it will have created the next generation microdrives. These will be 20 percent smaller than the current models and will have 8 GB to 10 GB of storage capacity.

If palmOne intends to release a replacement for the LifeDrive a year after the original debuted, there's plenty of time to include the next generation Hitachi product.

Therefore, the fact that the next LifeDrive will include a 6 GB microdrive is a strong indication that this model will be out this fall
    I was under the impression the 4GB is the same as the one in mini iPod, which has had a 6GB for a long time.
    Yeah, from what I am told, this new 6GB LifeDrive will be released at the same time as the new Treo both having more memory and running Microsoft Mobile 5.0.

Stupid Palm.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by archie
    Yeah, from what I am told, this new 6GB LifeDrive will be released at the same time as the new Treo both having more memory and running Microsoft Mobile 5.0.

Stupid Palm.
    oh really? I love my Treo 650, but I have owned (and been disattisfied by) too many Microsoft devices now, so I guess I will need to turn to Symbian next...
    Compaq Aero 2100 -> Toshiba E570 -> Toshiba E800 -> O2 XDA II Mini -> PalmOne Treo 650
    Yup! He said August, but based on my interpretations of Palm's actions, it won't be for another 4 months.
    Still, he could be right.