1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I had a few questions regarding the "status lights" on the XV6600 / PPC 6600 series...

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the (2) lights that are located on the top right and top left of the phone, off? I assume that they burn battery life and they are kind of annoying. I wasn't sure if their was an easy way to do it or if it was (if possible)...could only be completed via a "registry" edit.

2. Does anyone know what it means when the light on the top right of the device flashes kind of a fast red? I NEVER use the device for phone calls...only data, so I guess it might have something to do with the internet????

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by wirelesscop
    Hey Everyone,

I had a few questions regarding the "status lights" on the XV6600 / PPC 6600 series...

1. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn the (2) lights that are located on the top right and top left of the phone, off? I assume that they burn battery life and they are kind of annoying. I wasn't sure if their was an easy way to do it or if it was (if possible)...could only be completed via a "registry" edit.

2. Does anyone know what it means when the light on the top right of the device flashes kind of a fast red? I NEVER use the device for phone calls...only data, so I guess it might have something to do with the internet????

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    1: Look at post #22 in :

Registry Edits Hints and Finds for the PPC-660x/SX66/XV6600
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=67950

2: Yup...you got a message!