1.    #1  
    Fry' s has the color palm at $329, which means you can use Best Buy's 10% price guarantee and get it for less than $300. I'm a visor deluxe guy, but I won't spend $150 more for the color Handspring. Also, I need the Smartpad from Seiko Instruments and it won't work with the visor.

But I'll probably get the Visor Platinum and forget the Smartpad. Loyalty is worth something.
    I think that the price of the Prism will drop now that the price of the Palm IIIC is dropping like flies. Isn't competition wonderful?
    Yah, the price on the IIIc is falling fast....but the price of eye examinations will be going up fast!

I can "see" it now; "Doc, what's happening to me? I keep seeing this grid pattern everywhere I look"

Between both the IIIc and the Prism, I would say the Prism is worth the extra cost in comparison. At least the Prism has more colors which should make the pixelated display less pronounced.

I'm actually a little anxious to see a Prism in person. I called Best Buy yesterday and they told me they probably won't get them in until December, if at all. Huh?

Originally posted by foo fighter
    Yah, the price on the IIIc is falling fast....but the price of eye examinations will be going up fast!

I can "see" it now; "Doc, what's happening to me? I keep seeing this grid pattern everywhere I look"

Between both the IIIc and the Prism, I would say the Prism is worth the extra cost in comparison. At least the Prism has more colors which should make the pixelated display less pronounced.

I'm actually a little anxious to see a Prism in person. I called Best Buy yesterday and they told me they probably won't get them in until December, if at all. Huh?

Experienced the grid view problem after reading something on the Visor Prism yesterday...scary stuff.
    Really? How bad was it? When I was using a Palm IIIc back in March, I noticed that after reading data on the display for a few minutes, a grid pattern gets painted onto your retina. For example if I stared at the walls I could see tiny squares everywhere. Is that what you are talking about?

Yes. But only when you are reading lone documents etc and looking at it at close proximity.