Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Even though it says the 23rd, I just placed an order for this phone. I think im in phone heaven now that i got the two phones i wanted. This phone and my blacbkerry from sprint.

I've been specing out this phone the first time it was announced at CES. Let me say, the Korean version of this phone when i was in korea kicks ***. it has everything there, camera (1.3mp), bt, touch screen, keybaord, wifi, and every other damn thing you can think of, anycall as they are called are awesome.

I must clarify however, NO CAMERA in Verizon's version, but, needless to say, people shouldn't be surprised if one is available later on (i.e. consumer version folks, think consumers! )

They also have the i830, which i know some of you, including lady treo might be interested in, this is a cdma and GSM compliant phone, (for those international traveling peeps or ballers hahah).

Also, want to give you a heads up on the i750, which is like this phone, smaller, and the slider is just regular phone keys (BTW this phone is supports EDGE so guess you GSM lovers will jump all over it). Also, the samsung SPH-MN7000 is like the old 600's and 700's seris samsung, but the screen slides out sideways (think sidekick) and makes it so you can see orientation on landscape mode. Also the SGH-D550 is a mpx like , which i think looks better. Anyhow, back to the i730...

SPH-MN7000
    Link was taken down; try to post on new thread

SGH-D550
    http://www.engadget.com/entry/1234000043046670/

Samsung i830
    http://phonearena.com/htmls/Samsung-...cle-a_546.html

The pricing on it as follows:

2 year 599.99
    1 year 649.99
    no contract : 719.99

some guy on another forum said he got it for 499.99 and I got it for 549.99 after my discount with my company.

I am getting mine tomorrow, and let you guys know.

till then!
    Wow, CDMA and european dualband GSM? I don't remember any other phone can do it. To bad my company only has good discount with Sprint.

Too bad it doesn't have the GSM 1900/850 frequency for the US. I wonder what GSM frequency Asian countries use?
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun
    ... it has everything there, camera (1.3mp), bt, touch screen, keybaord, wifi, and every other damn thing you can think of, anycall as they are called are awesome.

I must clarify however, NO CAMERA in Verizon's version, but, needless to say, people shouldn't be surprised if one is available later on (i.e. consumer version folks, think consumers! )

I am getting mine tomorrow, and let you guys know.

till then!
    Except for the antenna, it's a very nice design. I'll look forward to your report on the keys which look more functional than those on the Blue Angel sliders. The price is about what I'd expect to pay for an impressive device like this --assuming it works well of course. Verizon voice and data costs are non-starters for me, but there will be plenty whose needs or wants can justify them. BTW, I wouldn't expect a Verizon device to come with wi-fi either, although the SDIO slot could probably take an add-on card. Enjoy tomorrow and check in after you've calmed down .
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    .... I'll look forward to your report ....

....BTW, I wouldn't expect a Verizon device to come with wi-fi either, although the SDIO slot could probably take an add-on card.... .

Check out this thread for a bunch of reports and a good story:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=49941

BTW, it does have wi-fi - and the slider is really nice (I tried it)
    Last edited by jstpa; 06/20/2005 at 09:04 PM.
    Hopefully it will drive the competition a little bit more. Let me know how fast the wifi is using something like dslreports, etc...
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Right now, the only people that have them other than VZW's testers are "polstein and dad."
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    wonder if verizon shows any new cdma/evdo phones like the sph-m/mn7000 coming to their fall lineup... i believe we are going to see more and more hidden qwerty lineups coming...
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    wonder if verizon shows any new cdma/evdo phones like the sph-m/mn7000 coming to their fall lineup... i believe we are going to see more and more hidden qwerty lineups coming...
    Yeah sledgie i think the next couple of years, we're gonna definitley see a variety of smartphones. Since sprint and verizon has evdo and cingular going to edge/umts, they obvioulsy need to vamp the lines of phones to support this, since it makes no sense if they don't have smartphones utilizing the faster carrier speeds. All in all, i think users are going to have a better variety other than treo's and blackberry's , just depends how fast and what features they release ont hese phones are going to be. Espeically with VZW

just have to wait and see!
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    Check out this thread for a bunch of reports and a good story:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=49941

BTW, it does have wi-fi - and the slider is really nice (I tried it)
    Hmmm... Thanks. Would this be the first CDMA device with wi-fi?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    Hmmm... Thanks. Would this be the first CDMA device with wi-fi?
    I believe that's true (built in).
  12.    #12  
    Ok guys, the phone i can tell you is awesome. The screen is very clear and vibrant. Though the backlight may need a little workt, but hey, i can't complain. iv'e used about 20% stylus, and about 80% keys, though the phone is somewhat top heavy when slid out. Surprisingly, it's still balanced none the less, so no fear in trying to compensate while typing on the keypad. The keys on the keypad are great, even for fat fingered folks, and very comfortable. Wifi is awesome, so thumbs up for verizon, and i am able to surf the web at home since i cannot get a good signal in my apartment , and at work too, where we dont' get signal at all! EVDO and National access is great, i pretty much get coverage everywehre, whenever i need to connect. The stylus does infact extend, for those who want larger stylus's. I haven't messed with the voice activatied dialing , and what not, but on that subject, bluetooh is pairable with my headset and great. Though i do not see any dun profile at all, so that's a bummer.

All in all great phone!
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    hcheun, would you do an internet speed test on the i730? You can do it at www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed

Thanks
    Global Posts
    243 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    Maybe I missed it, but was the i730 somewhere on that page?
    Quote Originally Posted by URPREY
    Maybe I missed it, but was the i730 somewhere on that page?
    I know, I know.

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    hcheun, would you do an internet speed test on the i730? You can do it at www.broadbandreports.com/mspeed

Thanks

Hey jstpa, I got a burst of 800k when i was outside of my apartment with full signal strenght (though i did some other tests, and i averaged about 400-600k, and for wifit, well wifit peeked at about 4.2mbps per second.

hope that helps
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Those are great results. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun
    Hey jstpa, I got a burst of 800k when i was outside of my apartment with full signal strenght (though i did some other tests, and i averaged about 400-600k, and for wifit, well wifit peeked at about 4.2mbps per second.

hope that helps
    I'm very anxious to hear about your browser experiences in EVDO and WIFI. Do you really feel that speed difference? Do pages come up very quickly? Can you give us some times to load pages from some large sites, like treo central or CNN?

Sorry to weigh you down with all these requests, but inquiring minds you know.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    not that i know anything about this nor should it prevent anyone from running this test, but i suspect since it's still using wm2003se, due to the poor PocketIE code written, it's formatting will be the bottleneck. WM5 will see a HUGE difference in formatting pages, much like Blazer vs Webpro etc. on the treo 600

nonetheless, i'm sure we'd still like to hear results, so please dont let this stop you!
  20. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    t's still using wm2003se, due to the poor PocketIE code written, it's formatting will be the bottleneck. WM5 will see a HUGE difference in formatting pages, much like Blazer vs Webpro etc. on the treo 600
    I wonder if they will offer an upgrade to WM5 in the fall. Dell and HP are offering WM5 upgrades for some of their high end PPC's. I think the lack of WM5 is a minus for this device.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast