Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by lgreenberg
    is anyone else embarassed for those bengal "kittens"? i mean, while it was some nice eye candy at all, i couldn't help but laugh...
    It's just his way a drawing attention to his newly created site.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    I disagree -- I think he is trying to sell an image of himself as a Playah -- fast cars, fast women, the latest gadgets. He usually has a picture of a near-naked woman in his signature when he posts on HoFo. I thought the HoFo posts were pretty entertaining, but his website is sleazy.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    yeah, it's pretty disgusting actually. at least get some good looking women. that's the problem with sponsors. when they sponsor you and give you their women, you really don't have anything else to go with...
    Check out the Mossberg review:

(a quick summary - we all know Walt's an unabashed Treo Fan boy)

There were some things about the i730 that drove me nuts compared with the Treo. It has much worse battery life. The Microsoft Pocket PC software it uses is much harder to navigate one-handed, as phones should be used, than the Palm software on the Treo. Even when doing simple tasks, i730 users will have to employ the stylus, and two hands, far more often than Treo users do.

http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20050623.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    I disagree -- I think he is trying to sell an image of himself as a Playah -- fast cars, fast women, the latest gadgets. He usually has a picture of a near-naked woman in his signature when he posts on HoFo. I thought the HoFo posts were pretty entertaining, but his website is sleazy.
    Actually you agree.

I never said I found it tasteful. What I meant was it's his way of attracting people to his site through sleaze.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete_L_P
    I'm very anxious to hear about your browser experiences in EVDO and WIFI. Do you really feel that speed difference? Do pages come up very quickly? Can you give us some times to load pages from some large sites, like treo central or CNN?

Sorry to weigh you down with all these requests, but inquiring minds you know.
    I agree with sledgie on his previous quote, wm2003 is kinda of a stickler in terms of how page formatting comes out. I ran into trying load blizzards website, and it took a while, probably over six seconds or more. It was quite interesting, but it was still fast none the less given this is a mobile unit and ic an basically walk anywhere and get decent reception. Mobile web pages load instant. Regular web pages, have a slight pause, but nothing to cry bloody murder about. I went to cnn like you said (being a big si reader) and it came out pretty fast, about a total 2 to 4 second load time. This is on evdo. Wifi it's instant, about a second or two, that is if you have a good signal strength. Otherwise, pages load great, on wifi of course and evdo is just magnificient. I just came off of sprints 1xrtt , and wow, that's all i can say. I have to wait and see how sprint performs on their network, which should be similar.

Other than that, this is day two for me, and all in all, things are still working smoothly. Im going to try skype if it works with the phone, to see how voip works! cross your fingers!
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun
    I agree with sledgie on his previous quote, wm2003 is kinda of a stickler in terms of how page formatting comes out. I ran into trying load blizzards website, and it took a while, probably over six seconds or more. It was quite interesting, but it was still fast none the less given this is a mobile unit and ic an basically walk anywhere and get decent reception. Mobile web pages load instant. Regular web pages, have a slight pause, but nothing to cry bloody murder about. I went to cnn like you said (being a big si reader) and it came out pretty fast, about a total 2 to 4 second load time. This is on evdo. Wifi it's instant, about a second or two, that is if you have a good signal strength. Otherwise, pages load great, on wifi of course and evdo is just magnificient. I just came off of sprints 1xrtt , and wow, that's all i can say. I have to wait and see how sprint performs on their network, which should be similar.

Other than that, this is day two for me, and all in all, things are still working smoothly. Im going to try skype if it works with the phone, to see how voip works! cross your fingers!

That's really good news. Thanks for the report.

Pete
    Quote Originally Posted by hcheun

That sounds very promising.

For my needs, ditching my laptop for good is what I am looking for.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Any chance that this phone or some variation of it will ever come to SPCS?
    Wow, this is probably the first time I heard Verizon having a more cutting edge phone faster than Sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    Any chance that this phone or some variation of it will ever come to SPCS?
    If and when sprint rolls out with:

-EVDO throughout their network
    -Treo 700 with wifi and evdo (and all the other things people have suggested)

Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If and when sprint rolls out with:

-EVDO throughout their network
    -Treo 700 with wifi and evdo (and all the other things people have suggested)

I've always been a huge Samsung fan. I would really like them to have a PDA/phone with SPCS that has a qwerty keyboard.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Sprint has already stated that they will announce four new EVDO phones along with their EVDO rollout. I have no doubt that the i730 is one of them.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    well let's not jump on the bandwagon yet - it's not certain, but there's a higher chance sprint will carry it if samsung will provide wm5 on it than if they don't. still would be nice, however, having more than 1 ppc selection.
    Quote Originally Posted by mattkopko
    is anyone else embarassed for those bengal "kittens"? i mean, while it was some nice eye candy at all, i couldn't help but laugh...

WHOA! Whait a minute, that was a phone site?!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Sprint has already stated that they will announce four new EVDO phones along with their EVDO rollout. I have no doubt that the i730 is one of them.
    I'm over here drooling now!
    I know the bangleboy guy from howardforums. He has gotten worse.

The only site that has worse gross display of taste is "Kimble" of the Gumball 3000 fame.

http://www.kimble.org/
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i didn't see anything resembling bungal boy's kittens on kimble's site, so i have nothing to compare the two to
    Does anyone know if Mossberg is right about the battery life? Does this phone really deliver less than a day's worth of power?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast