Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
       #1  
    Hey all,

    Researching a BB 7520(Nextel) for my gf, and one critical thing that she needs is the ability to add notes to associate w/a particular contact like you can do in the "Contact Edit" field on the Treo 650. I didn't see anything in the 7520 pdf guide that mentioned this.

    Can this be done?

    TIA
  2. #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Hey all,

    Researching a BB 7520(Nextel) for my gf, and one critical thing that she needs is the ability to add notes to associate w/a particular contact like you can do in the "Contact Edit" field on the Treo 650. I didn't see anything in the 7520 pdf guide that mentioned this.

    Can this be done?

    TIA
    I can tell you that the 7100t does have a notes field for each contact where I enter such things as an assistant's name, a birthday, extra numbers, etc. I presume other BBs would have this common feature as well.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  3. #3  
    Best place to check for BB info is www.blackberryforums.com
  4. #4  
    The Cingular BB7100g has a note field.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5. #5  
    Just a side-note, I played with the Nextel BB for about 3 weeks before moving to the Treo 650. Horrible is the only word I can come up with to describe the poor quailty screen, cumbersome menus, ineffective and inefficient navigation, poor quality, and lack of software. Good luck :P
  6. dwman's Avatar
    Posts
    896 Posts
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
       #6  
    Thanks for everyone's help. evil, thankfully this isn't for me so I don't have to worry about it. Trust me, I'm not about to give up my 650. My girl doesn't care about a lot of the things that the rest of us do. She's already a nextel customer, so this is just a lateral move that will help her get organized.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Thanks for everyone's help. evil, thankfully this isn't for me so I don't have to worry about it. Trust me, I'm not about to give up my 650. My girl doesn't care about a lot of the things that the rest of us do. She's already a nextel customer, so this is just a lateral move that will help her get organized.
    My wife's BB 7100g has a screen that blows my Treo 600's away. But that's where the features stop other than push email. Unfortunately, her firm stop supporting palm devices and now it is exclusively using BB's.
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Hey all,

    Researching a BB 7520(Nextel) for my gf, and one critical thing that she needs is the ability to add notes to associate w/a particular contact like you can do in the "Contact Edit" field on the Treo 650. I didn't see anything in the 7520 pdf guide that mentioned this.

    Can this be done?

    TIA
    DW, I should have also mentioned that each contact also has 4 user fields (User 1, User 2, etc) that can be defined by each user. You can label the field names as you wish, including using field labels you've defined in your desktop PIM program and have the BB Desktop Manager sync on these fields.

    I've had the 7100t for a few months now and agree fully with Evil's critique of BB except for the "poor screen quality" and the "poor quality". As I've noted elsewhere, the beauty of this particular model is that it's the smallest-lightest-absolutely stablest-and-most-one-handable integrated device on the market.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by MainStream
    Best place to check for BB info is www.blackberryforums.com
    I also recommend http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=35441
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  10. #10  
    some people just need phone/email/texts...what's wrong with the BB then...? it does tho just fine, and it's real hard to mess a blackberry up. easy to use. almost never resets. it's straight.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by yeah yeah
    some people just need phone/email/texts...what's wrong with the BB then...? it does tho just fine, and it's real hard to mess a blackberry up. easy to use. almost never resets. it's straight.
    While I can see you're point, there's an ugly name for people who do things the hard way
  12. #12  
    HAHAH well i love technology in general, and while i was a former treo user, i moved on, and adopted the BB 7250 and the Samsung i730. I guess palm doesn't do it for me anymore, and i still recommend treos, but quite frankly, as a gadget geek, i think the new generation of smart devices are becoming more robust and apparently more technologically fitted for the business and uber geek tech needs. For instance, my startup company i started, me and my partner have build a BES server, and it runs great! we also have a test windows 2k3 with the beta plugin for push an direct access email via msdn, which once my i730 gets here , (tomorrow) will hopefully work as good as anythign else.

    its really a matter of preference. All i can say is enjoy what you get and just make use of it! (Rather than flailing it in the air to your peers and say "look what i got! and you don't! hah! " lol)
  13. #13  
    Hey, hcheun, I appreciate your reply. With that being said, let me RDP into my server on a non-standard TCP port using my Treo. Or how about I fire up VNC and connect to a TightVNC server. Wait, let me SSH using protocol version 2 into a Linux mailserver/firewall.

    Well that was boring, perhaps I'll play one of my 1204 NES Roms, or even some of my TG-16 games, Commander Keith was always fun.

    How much did that BB software cost? Is it even available? ;p

Posting Permissions