1.    #1  
    Have not seen any information on any new Palm OS Smartphones. Is Samsung sleeping? Have they thrown in the towel on Palm OS? ( Had a Samsung I330 at one time and thought it was a good Smartphone, now have a Treo 650)

Have alot of investment in Palm OS applications and would like to see more Palm OS Smartphone options.

Anyone know what Samsung is doing or if any other manufacturers plan to introduce Palm OS Smartphones.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Samsung folded their Palm OS development team last year. Samsung has released their reference specification for a Linux smartphone, but they didn't mention Palm. My guess is, if the next generation of the PalmOS (Palm-on-Linux) is seen by their product people as adding value, they will give it a fair chance.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    More info on Palm-on-Linux here
    I'm so glad that I waited, and waited, (and waited......) for the next Samsung PalmOS smartphone to come out:

http://www.palminfocenter.com/view_story.asp?ID=6725

Samsung i550..................vaporware.

Maybe Samsung should stop bragging about what their coming out with and just do it!
    -->BtDUN pre- and post- SprintPCS update 1.12 paired to PC and PPC.
    Darth_Maul -- a dark attacker, trained in the Jedi arts.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Does anybody buy those palm phones without keyboards anymore?
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    We would if we could.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Fair enough.
  8.    #8  
    There are many people that are not concerned about having a keyboard, are comfortable with Grafitti, and feel the size of the smaller I500, I550? outweighs having the keyboard,

I would like to see more competitive products. Competition encourages productivity, increased functionality and lower pricing.

Hope to see more Palm OS Smartphones..... Oh well!! In the meanwhile I do have my Treo 650.

Thanks for your responses. Hope Samsung, Nokia, Motorola, Sanyo read Treo Central!!!!!!!