1.    #1  
    Source: Howardforums

2.    #2  
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    The two views of the HTC Wizard are actually pictures of two different phones, i.e., one of the pictures is bogus. The italian site that showed the second picture also had different specs (802.11b). Also, I thought the keyboard was supposed to slide out from the right - ?
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Who is HTC?

Also, will any of these do EVDO?
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    i forget what htc stands for... but htc are the ppl that put together your 650. they also sold alot of the ppcs on the market, then a sprint or verizon comes and puts their name on it.

as for evdo, no, none of those devices will do evdo. evdo is on the cdma network, those are all gsm phones (gsm carries edge/umts when available)

whether the pictures of the htc are real or a mockup, its just suppose to generate interest in what the device will look like. personally i think the htv mda iv (universal) is more attractive in the sense it could completely replace my notebook but... its on the gsm network so i have no interest in it. http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...D2913&lp=zt_en
  6.    #6  
    The first picture is obviously an artist's impression/concept put together with Photoshop for the purposes of a presentation. Second ones looks realistic, but may be just an early prototype, though it does convey a general idea of what the device will look like.

HTC stands for High-Tech Corp. Its a Taiwanese company that OEMs a lot of devices. They manufacturer the Treo 650 for Palm as well as the

HTC Blue Angel: I-Mate PDA2k, Qtek 9090, O2 XDA II, SX66, MDA III
    HTC Magician: I-Mate JAM, O2 XDA II mini, MDA compact, Qtek s100
    HTC Typhoon: Audiovox 5600, i-mate SP3, SPV c500, O2 Xphone II
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    personally i think the htv mda iv (universal) is more attractive in the sense it could completely replace my notebook but... its on the gsm network so i have no interest in it. http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel...D2913&lp=zt_en
    Wow. That's one cool looking gadget! I notice that they don't quote dimensions or size....looks like a bit of a brick.
    Wow. We can rename this forum HTC OEM forum, because that's what it is.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Samsung is about to take a hammer to HTC's line of PPC phones. The name of the hammer: i730.
  10.    #10  
    Pity its only available in CDMA though, which relegates it to US and Korea as the major markets.

HTC's lineup sells mostly in the GSM-dominated EMEA and AP regions through the O2 brand, so the only place they'll face off is in the U.S. I fully expect Samsung to move more units here since they're distributing through Verizon. How many consumers have even heard of I-Mate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    Samsung is about to take a hammer to HTC's line of PPC phones. The name of the hammer: i730.
    It smaller than I thought it would be and yet the keys look as substantial as anything out there. But it looks like there will be only a CDMA phone: that will make it a little hammer at best. We'll have to see how it works and how much the phone and service cost. It's not an option for me since I still don't have EV-DO in my area and Verizon will probably still want $80 a month. There's no indication this will be an international phone, there's no wi-fi, and their "Coming Soon" ad makes no reference to EV-DO or their "broadband" service.
    http://www.vzwshop.com/samsungi730info/

Didn't they just get the 650? Anyone accessing Verizon's 650 page gets the "Coming Soon" link ad.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodolfo
    We'll have to see how it works and how much the phone and service cost. It's not an option for me since I still don't have EV-DO in my area and Verizon will probably still want $80 a month. There's no indication this will be an international phone, there's no wi-fi, and their "Coming Soon" ad makes no reference to EV-DO or their "broadband" service.
    It is not $80/month. It is $45. ($80 is for the PC Card service. Phones are $45, EVDO or not).

All indications are that there is wifi, EVDO and broadbandaccess.

I'll bet that Ann Arbor gets EVDO soon, if its not already there in stealth mode. I got it in Tallahassee a month ago.
    i cant wait for a smartphone which has a qwerty keyboard, touch screen, edge and lets me multitask like on a RIM or on a series 60 (wifi would be cool too, but i wouldnt cry over it)...and if the unit has a camera (which is a bonus so i can have fun) a flash would be greatly appreicated

oh yeah 850 goes without saying...no 850 no phone
    Quote Originally Posted by jstpa
    It is not $80/month. It is $45. ($80 is for the PC Card service. Phones are $45, EVDO or not).

All indications are that there is wifi, EVDO and broadbandaccess.

I'll bet that Ann Arbor gets EVDO soon, if its not already there in stealth mode. I got it in Tallahassee a month ago.
    Thanks, I see the difference. It's $49.99, and that is much better, though it's still 150% more than I pay for unlimited data at T-Mobile: when I do get EV-DO, data better ZOOM! You can tell I haven't researched Verizon very well at all. I just like the device. But I just checked the mail options and -if I understand this- it looks like I have to keep my computer on to receive mail. That's a non-starter for me. If the i730 did get wi-fi, wouldn't it be the first CDMA phone with it? So I'm skeptical, and if they're geting these outrageous rates for data access, I can understand why they don't want to offer wi-fi.

BTW, I find Verizon's organization very awkward: I had to go through the Business links to learn about mail options. Still, I'm very impressed that Verizon lists SAR ratings for every device whereas all other carriers and most device makers bury that info as deeply as possible.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    If 500kbps is zooming to you (i.e. DSL Speeds) then you'll think EV-DO is "zooming."
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe
    If 500kbps is zooming to you (i.e. DSL Speeds) then you'll think EV-DO is "zooming."
    500 would definitely do it.
    Michigan wins, I'm going to bed.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I get 500-700 on my EVDO PC Card.