Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.vzwshop.com/samsungi730info/

http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=667

Not a bad device it appears, too bad it's only CDMA. An unlocked GSM version would be GREAT!

But that doesn't mean I would dump the Treo 650, I support multiple platforms. I think one of each would be great!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    You know, the first step to getting better is admitting you have a problem
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    The phonescoop article says late 2d quarter 2005 - which is -- ---- now!!
    As my son says: Niiiiiiiiiccccceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I've seen the phonescoop info, but not the Verizon link. Looks like a very nice phone! I wonder how muc it'll run and if Sprint will ever carry it. I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with my forced Sprint relationship!
    It's got an antenna and supposedly no wifi not that you need it with EVDO. Also no 3.5 jack nor a digi cam I think. It's pretty much a SX66 with an antenna. Oh did I mention it's got an antenna. PA-LEEZ.
    Quote Originally Posted by juice
    It's got an antenna and supposedly no wifi not that you need it with EVDO. Also no 3.5 jack nor a digi cam I think. It's pretty much a SX66 with an antenna. Oh did I mention it's got an antenna. PA-LEEZ.
    juice you are misinformed. All the testers have stated over and over that it does in fact have wifi and a cam (verizon is removing the cam for the intial release - which annoys me a little).
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    As my son says: Niiiiiiiiiccccceeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!! I've seen the phonescoop info, but not the Verizon link. Looks like a very nice phone! I wonder how muc it'll run and if Sprint will ever carry it. I'm becoming increasingly annoyed with my forced Sprint relationship!
    I have this sneaking suspicion it's going to be about $650-700 probably around 500 with NE2 (which I am nowhere close to ) The fact that there is no camera and it's not expected until the end of year is a problem. I may have to get the 650 and just wait for the camera version. next year which will include winmobile 5.0. It is said to support 5way.
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    I thought you were happy with Sprint!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by citi
    I have this sneaking suspicion it's going to be about $650-700 probably around 500 with NE2 (which I am nowhere close to ) The fact that there is no camera and it's not expected until the end of year is a problem. I may have to get the 650 and just wait for the camera version. next year which will include winmobile 5.0. It is said to support 5way.
    $650 to $700?! Count me out. I've been waiting for a Samsung phone with a Qwerty keyboard, but I don't want it that much. Like you, I'll be getting the 650 instead probably in a month or so. Father's Day is right around the corner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I thought you were happy with Sprint!
    I like Sprint, but it's becoming more of a hassle dealing with them. The option of getting a GSM phone unlocked and choosing whatever service I want without having to buy a new phone each time I switch companies is becoming more and more attractive.

I just got off the phone with Sprint because I couldn't access PCS Mail from my PC. This is like the 5th time this has happened and it probably happens much more often but I wouldn't know becuase I rarely check it. Also, I had a very rude Sprint Rep that I yelled at Sunday when I went there to turn in a phone that I found! Unbelieveable.

On a lighter note, I was up North Saturday and my signal was great! I was on Belmont and Clark at Cesar's restaurant.
  11.    #11  
    Now you see one reason why I hate Sprint! Their CS.

You have the Treo, maybe the reception is better on those. I just dumped my regular cell phone with them. I'm just sick of them for now. GSM is so much better IMO due partly to what you've said.

Now you see one reason why I hate Sprint! Their CS.

You have the Treo, maybe the reception is better on those. I just dumped my regular cell phone with them. I'm just sick of them for now. GSM is so much better IMO due partly to what you've said.
    Yeah, it's pretty ridiculous. Even with this Samsung phone, I still wouldn't switch to Verizon, though. I'd consider Cingular if I could get a discount for being an SBC customer, but that probably won't happen since I don't want two cell phone bills (shared minutes with Sprint now). I don't know how you do it! I thought I was bad buying new phones every 6 months. You seem to get one every other month!
  13.    #13  
    GSM makes it fun to switch phones for the occasion. The last 2 I got from private individuals. I don't have accounts on all the phones, I just switch SIMs.

GSM makes it fun to switch phones for the occasion. The last 2 I got from private individuals. I don't have accounts on all the phones, I just switch SIMs.
    Gotcha. Well, if one of your private aquaintances has a deal on a Sprint Treo 650, let me know! I can't remember the last time I bought a phone from Sprint. They have all pretty much been from eBay over the last two or three years.
    I am selling a Sprint 650 right now on Ebay... switched to VZ because Sprint upset me 1 too many times... plus I HAD to try that EVDO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5777009942
    this is not an accident, this is art.
    Talk about phone fanatics, you have got to be on the top of my list. I'm not sure whether I should worship you or feel sorry for you. When do you switch sims? Is there like a phone for work, social and bedroom?!!!

Still flabergasted (symptoms: shock factor, loss with words...then urge to reach for the bottle opener).
    Quote Originally Posted by mattTarr
    I am selling a Sprint 650 right now on Ebay... switched to VZ because Sprint upset me 1 too many times... plus I HAD to try that EVDO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=5777009942
    I checked your auction and see a few things that concern me. First, you don't have any pics of the phone you are selling. Second, according to the information in the auction, you will only provide the ESN after the auction is over. I would need that information before I bid to protect myself. Third, while you have been an eBay member since 2001, your feedback is only 5 and you have never sold anything! Not to mention the last feedback you received was in 9/04. You also have a reserve which may or may not be higher than I am willing to pay. Unless you are able to clear up these concerns I won't be placing a bid. Hopefully you understand.
    ok- my take on that samsung... first off, i think that it's a big step up from the sammy i700 which i have- not activated, i just have it for developement... the camera on that one was very well designed and the only thing bad about it was the stylus always fell out because it was in a silo on the bottom- and no keyboard. we'll have to see what kind of keyboard that thing has... however i'll tell you this... the 1000mAh battery will be the crushing point. the treo has an 1800 mah battery and a smaller screen and no wifi... look for horrible battery life on that one...
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    That is the only reason I'd consider switching to GSM. Although I can swap phones on Sprint by calling CS and giving them the ESN. When my son lost his, it only took a couple of minutes to switch his number to my old phone, and the same to switch back a couple of weeks later when he found it.

Honestly, though, I go through withdrawal if I'm out and about without my Treo. Even if I could switch a SIM between phones I'm not sure I'd be able to leave my Treo behind.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    But that doesn't mean I would dump the Treo 650, I support multiple platforms. I think one of each would be great!
    I agree, I would love to have both platforms.....but not with two devices, but rather a Dual Boot device that would boot to either Palm Colbalt & WM2005 as I have programs I love on both OS's! With the dual boot, there would be a common database format compatible with both OS's so common info, i.e....contacts, emails, tasks, etc...can be accessed and edited no matter OS you have loaded.

It would also have Treo form factor (without the antenna). But the keyboard would slide down for a PPC-660x size screen when needed and the OS would recognize what screen mode (or actually the screen would slide up to keep the weight at the bottom for easy balance for typing). That way those who like the small form factor have it and never have to slide it to a larger size for more screen real estate, while those who need the extra screen have it.

Now that would be cool!

If you want to see my complete Dream phone, click here:

http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...eam#post339431
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast