Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Since getting the Jam about a month ago I have not been using the Treo at all, and now it's gone. I'll miss the keyboard but not much else. I do, however, wish y'all good luck with the 650. Maybe I'll buy the next Treo, if they finally get it right.
    the Imate PDA2K looks pretty cool too Although I just got INTO the PalmOS so I am staying here for a bit. I came from a Smartphone with Windows Mobile on it ...
    I have WM too. And I am NOT dumping my Treo! I guess some lean toward one or the other. So far I'm split down the middle. I don't have the full WM though, just the one for smartphone(might be watered down), that may make a difference.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Funny.
    I did it the other way around: I sold my QtekS100 (=Imate jam) after getting a treo 650 because I didnt use the Qtek anymore. I think both are great but I think the Qtek is more a PDA with a built in phone option and the Treo is more usefull as a phone. It's all a matter of personal taste!
    I did the reverse swich as well...Sold my Jam and got the 650. While the Jam is pretty cool, its just not that usable with one hand. Especially for people that Email/SMS a lot from the phone.

-Abbas
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Abbas
    I did the reverse swich as well...Sold my Jam and got the 650. While the Jam is pretty cool, its just not that usable with one hand. Especially for people that Email/SMS a lot from the phone.

-Abbas
    That's very true, and if I did a great deal more emailing with the phone, I would have kept the Treo. However, just the ability to really browse the internet "properly" made the Jam so much more useful to me. I don't have to limmit myself to the mobile version of sites like this, I can browse the full forum, and it looks like it does on my desktop...with a little scrolling of course. Even the side scrolling can be eliminated if I set it to one column mode (much like the Treo), but it is still formatted much better. The Jam isn't as useable as the Treo one-handed, but I can easily perform most important functions with one hand, and mine are pretty good sized hands.

Lady Treo, you're right about the smartphone version. It is lacking many of the features of the full Windows mobile devices, but it is still really good, as you know.

P.S. Can I get a hook-up with the girl in your picture on the left? Haha...I guess I'm dreaming...
    Imate= no EDGE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Since getting the Jam about a month ago I have not been using the Treo at all, and now it's gone. I'll miss the keyboard but not much else. I do, however, wish y'all good luck with the 650. Maybe I'll buy the next Treo, if they finally get it right.
    You lost.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
    "Joe Rogan, ima tell you a little sumtin ya might not know about me -- i smoke rock!"

nice sig pic Hustle

Quote Originally Posted by richard371
    Imate= no EDGE.
    That says it all. GPRS is snail paced compared to Edge on the Cingular network.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
    I dumped all my windows moible devices when I got my Treo 650. I might go back to Windows Mobile if they ever come out with a device with a Qwerty Keyboard that gets it right! So far, Palm wins on that one. We will see if Windows Mobile 5.0 truly has one handed operation!
    Siemens S46 -> Siemens S56 -> Motorola MPx200 -> Moto v600 -> Audiovox SMT5600 -> Treo 650 -> Motorola Q (14 days) -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700w -> Treo 750
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Lady Treo, you're right about the smartphone version. It is lacking many of the features of the full Windows mobile devices, but it is still really good, as you know.

P.S. Can I get a hook-up with the girl in your picture on the left? Haha...I guess I'm dreaming...
    Yes, she does exist!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hu$tle
    You lost.
    What did I lose? I got a really good price on Treo I sold (about $260 more than I paid for it!) if that's what you mean.

Edit: Crap...I think I got it. Wow, I feel like a dumbass!
    Last edited by Silver5; 05/24/2005 at 02:51 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Yes, she does exist!

is "she" you??
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Yeah I need edge and a keyboard that's why I'm getting the device in my avatar in October or November when it comes out. Plus it's got GPS built in!!!The Jam does look sweet and I almost bought it from Mad Monkey. I swear I was one click away. I then went to the Cing store and bought a SX66(PDA2K) but didn't like the fact that I HAD to touch the screen. With my Treo I don't have to(and hardly ever do) touch the screen. Also it was quite large and that pop down keyboard is a pain in the ****. I more likely to use a keyboard that is already exposed. I swear I would have dropped that PDA2K a couple times trying to slide down that keyboard too. I throw my phone around in my pockets a lot and have a case on my Treo 650 that covers the screen so it will be protected and I won't crack my screen and cry like a baby. I still may buy a Jam because I'm a sucker and need stuff like that but I chose the Treo over the PDA2k so I don't think I would choose the Jam over the Treo. The browser in the Treo does suck. I can't even log onto Paypal on Cing. PIE is much better. But I have figured out how to get done what I need to get done on the Treo. Edge did seem faster than the reg GPRS on the PDA2K too. Decisions decisions... Currently I believe the Treo 650 and the IMATE JAM are the 2 best smart phones out. But that won't last for long.
    I have had the PDA2K - sold it. I've had the JAM - sold it. I've had the Treo 650 - sent it back. While complaining about all the devices for one reason or another, I think the Treo 650 is the best choice. Of course, I say this subjectively because browsing on a PDA is not important to me. Email reliability is the test. The Treo has great form factor, quick download speeds and superior one-handed operation. The only flaw I've found with the PalmOne branded unlocked GSM version is that the volume is low on calls. That's irritating. But when I consider the shortcoming of the others, this may well be the way to go.
    David
    I went 600>650>JAM>650, which pretty much tells the story of how I felt about the devices. Wasn't sure about the 650 at first but trying the JAM made me realise how great the 650 is at two things: input and navigation without the stylus. In comparison (for me) the JAM was shockingly poor. I'm a pretty happy 650 user now, although I still think the JAM is a terrific looking piece of hardware (small, simple, metal casing).
    I initially thought a phone with built-in GPS would be great. However now that I've been using a BT GPS with my Treo 650 and I don't think I'd want a device with the GPS built in.

The built-in GPS means the device must be able to see the satellites so you'd have to have the phone on your dashboard or near a window to use it for navigation in a car. With the Treo you can place a very small BT GPS receiver on the dashboard and keep the phone in the center console or anywhere else that is convenient for viewing the screen. It would also not lose satellite lock when you pick it up when a call comes in.

The built-in GPS is nice for walking around, but I only use it in my car and for that a separate receiver connected without cables is much better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joebar
    "Joe Rogan, ima tell you a little sumtin ya might not know about me -- i smoke rock!"

nice sig pic Hustle
    LOL! Thanks! I thought your avatar pic was nice too.

Sweet Chi-Town Music!

300 > 600 > 650

CURRENT EQUIPMENT

TREO 650

Alternate Phone- Motorola Razr V3 (silver)
  20. cec
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Any more opinions on the JAM from JAM/Treo 650 owners? I have been considering the JAM. How does the JAM screen compare to the Treo 650? How well integrated is the phone application?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast