Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Audiovox VX6600 vs. Treo 650

Audiovox VX6600
    Processor: 400 MHz
    Screen: (.25"wider & 1.2" longer than the Treo 650)
    Memory: RAM: 128MB ROM: 64MB
    SD SLOT: YES
    Bluetooth: YES
    Speakerphone:YES
    GPSOne:YES
    Keyboard:YES (slides out when you need it, making unit longer, easier to handle)
    Weight:6.8 oz
    Size: 4.9 x 2.7 x .7
    Apps: Tons
    MP3 Player: YES
    Camera: 640 x 480 (PPC has a flash)
    WiFi:YES

PalmOne Treo 650
    Processor:312 MHz
    Screen: Good but small
    Memory: 32MB
    SD SLOT: YES
    Bluetooth: You wish
    Speakerphone: Kind of
    GPSOne: Gee what's that?
    Keyboard:YES
    Weight: 6.3 oz
    Size: 4.4 x 2.3 x 0.9
    Apps: Lots but will they run or crash? ... and do you have the RAM?
    MP3 Player: YES
    Camera: 640 x 480 (no flash)
    WiFi:NOPE (but we were told it would have it)

Conclusion: Tick Tock P1
    Last edited by docmaster; 05/12/2005 at 04:44 PM.
    lol...*counting down* 3...2...
    So where exactly is this "long line" of them. You even used the device?

How about turning troll-mode off next time you post?
    Quote Originally Posted by docmaster
    Conclusion: Tick Tock P1
    Conclusion: *yawn*
    Palm Pilot Personal -> Palm III -> Palm IIIx -> Visor Prism -> Clie TJ37 -> Treo 650 -> GSM Centro
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    PC magazine review, not bad, but did not rate as high as 650. Bigger and heavier, more PDA than phone. The almost broadband available in some cities is nice. I personally like the form factor and balance between phone and pda of the 650.
    http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,1759,1748121,00.asp
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Audiovox VX6600 is for Verizon, WiFi = NO. It has the nice EVDO, but no wifi for this one.

Its a big F-er too.

Oh, and Windows mobile blows goats.

I really wanted to like this one, but don't.

IMHO, there is still no perfect convergence device.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again. The very fact that something is measured by whether or not it is a "treo killer" definitely confirms the Treo's status as the best true smartphone out there and smacks of a WIC (windows inferiority complex).
    The only good from the original poster is the fact that there are products on the horizon that Palm needs to identify... maybe push Palm to make their product better... I love windows, but windows ppc/smartphone edition, really sucks. Not even a matter of the OS, but a matter of them trying to get outlook to do everything. Outlook server to outlook ppc edition... no thanks.

Palm rocks on the PIM functions. I should have my Treo 650 on friday, so I will be able to report more...
    Tundy at work again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    What a miserable, lonely life that must be...

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Does not run PalmOS?
    I'll take a look... but DEFINITELY won't be my next device...

Bro got a T650... and it is a beaut...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    I'm still pushing for that 128k that PalmOs needs to add to the Treo 650.

Note, not 128m...

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...8&page=2&pp=20
    Doc, listen to me: You sold your T650. STOP TROLLING THIS FORUM. You can go back to your T600 forum, or your Audiovox forum, or tundy's site, or whatever.
    If that's the case, lets report this post to the moderators. Pointless trolling "Treo 650 sucks and [New random device Y] will destroy it!!111oneone" gets old. Is DocTroller another manifestation of Tundy?
    these comparisons show that simply comparing lists of specs just do NOT portray the real magic of the Treo. When I see these spec lists, I just say to myself - it's a 'spec queen' - looks good on paper and in pictures, but once you take the car out for a drive....Treo wins every time.
    I welcome these inane threads....

I'm not TUNDY!!1!One!!

I'M NOT
    I'M NOT
    I'M NOT

Sounds to me like Docmaster is trying to get adult conversation going about palm... why call him a troll? He might be going the wrong way about it... hostile, but it is his openion....

Only trolling I see is by two members of TC who continually TROLL the board to keep good adult conversation to a minimum.
    When he was formerly known as Tundycentral, he dedicated a whole site to bashing ONLY the 650. Sounds like the same guy, especially with the same 650 bashing and now the same URL of the 650 bash site.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by theog
    Sounds to me like Docmaster is trying to get adult conversation going about palm... why call him a troll? He might be going the wrong way about it... hostile, but it is his openion....

Only trolling I see is by two members of TC who continually TROLL the board to keep good adult conversation to a minimum.
    I would appreciate if you could support this claim with some type of evidence. If in my post history 50% of my posts are "adult conversation" bashing then I'll stand corrected.

Until then, you are your Tundy buddy can STFU. The original post was garbage/trash just like DocTundy's other posts screaming for 128k in the Treo 650 (not 128Mb).
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast