Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am nearly year Treo 600 lover....now I am a 7 month PPC-6600 lover.

I frequent this forum, some general PDA forums, and PPC-6600 forums on a regular basis.

I must say that I do get a kick out of someone putting either the 660x series phones over the 650 as if the 650 was no better than a analog monochrome Motorola cell phone from the year 1992....or the other way around with trashing the 660x with generic (often regurgitate uneducated generalities about WinMobile without even trying 2003 or the form factor without holding it more than 8 minutes) with the 650 coming out as the no cons to it what-so-ever shining jewel of the convergence device world.

I have always recognized that every phone has it's target market that fits perfectly for it's customers. I know a lot people who love the 650, and rightly so, as it fits their needs just perfectly. But I cant decide to laugh at or be concerned for those that are so close minded that they get so hooked on a single phone that they cannot recognize there really are other options out there that could possibly do a better job with what they want to do.

I have been on both sides of the fence. I am on the road a lot. I have more demanding needs than most. I personally love the PPC-6600 because it does what I personally need better than the 650 can. Does it mean the 660x is better than the 650? Of course not...just at the moment it is the right phone for me with meeting the demands of my work right now.

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with an honest....non "this one stomps that one" approach. Compare feature by feature, con vs con, etc...

Here is my review of the PPC-6600 that I posted as a Treo Lover who sold his Treo 600 to get the 650 but just bought a PPC-660x. There are a lot of responses from both sides as well. Please note that many of the comments for cons for both phones are prior to the last updates that fixed a vast amount of these issues for both phones:

Using 6601 On the Road for Week.....
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62661

Review of the PPC-6600
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=73957

Innocent 650 vs 6601 Business Trip Showdown
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=66714
    Theog, do you have a Treo yet, or are you yourself another Tundy pseudonym? I think if like the below post states, you don't have a Treo you have no leg to stand on and you can also join the STFU club.

Don't come into a forum stirring up strife and hate and not even own a device the forum is dedicated to.

Last post of:
    http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=82932
    theog should do some research before stepping in to defend some troll a$$'s honor:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...22&postcount=1

once you have absorbed that post, particularly his NAME, go here:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=84154
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    We probably need to get the mods involved since based on NRG's excellent research all fingers point to another iteration of Tundy/DocTundy.

I just can't understand why someone would feel the need to allocate so much time to doing nothing but being a blatant horses-***. I know if I lived in Florida I'd be out on the beach drinking beer and pissing in the ocean.
    This troll is so 6 months ago u jerkoff. Give it a break.

The new Treo killer is the Motorola MPX!!!!!!! hehe

Boy....did I walk into a thread with some history or what?
    Yeah you sure did but in actuality HobbesIsReal, your post was very well put and informative. Nothing like the now banned troll. Your post was the only post of value in this thread that was "on topic".
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    Yeah you sure did but in actuality HobbesIsReal, your post was very well put and informative. Nothing like the now banned troll. Your post was the only post of value in this thread that was "on topic".
    Exactly. For anyone who thinks we're against "adult discussions" about alternatives, as evidenced by lack of flames to Hobbes, that is not the case.

But if it acts like a tundy, and talks like a tundy...
    Last edited by Insertion; 05/13/2005 at 08:15 AM.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Evilghost...were you picked on as a child? You seem to have a fettish with narking out people "to the mods". "Throw em to the mods! Crucify him!!"

Are you 5'2", 120lbs and wear combat boots to make you 5'3"?

Yawwwn.......
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    Actually if you would look through my post history you would see where I would verbally destroy people and have an armada of other fellow Treo members attacking and destroying them as well. Eventually the posts would degrade to name-calling, threats, and general abuse. The moderators got tired of the negative flame-war posts and asked us to cease and instead contact them if there was a problem, so we have and are playing by the rules and are actually getting the desired end result faster.

The troll you are so feverishly defending is a known horse's ***.

I pray that isn't you or your girlfriend in your avatar, I don't think I'd advertise that and I don't think even Photoshop can help.
    #1 I only defend myself and the one I love...oh that would be my wife (in the avatar).

#2 Only a little man would make such a comment about my wife, because you obviously have nothing better to do than compensate for those objects less fortunate on the human body.

#3 Yaawwwwwnnnn........
    The only thing that separates the men from the boys...is the lessons they learn.
    www.planetmills.com
    I've missed you Evil... :-(
    Quote Originally Posted by millsda2
    #2 Only a little man would make such a comment about my wife, because you obviously have nothing better to do than compensate for those objects less fortunate on the human body.
    Perplexing. It seems ironic that you are the first one to slam my (untrue) physical attributes and then proceed in the next post to tell me how sorry I am for slamming Mrs. Chunkster.

I notice you do a great deal of yawning, I'm not exactly sure why you feel it necessary to post everytime you yawn.

You're about as entertaining as the rest of the trolls and clowns, please continue as I'm actually enjoying myself. It's been too long since I felt the warmth of a good flame war.

Christiac130, good to see you again. I've been away too long!
    Well despite your unkindly remarks against my wife (in which I'd normally just kick your a#*), I'll leave it at this because I do enjoy traveling through the forums here at TC.

Have fun in your double-wide.
    www.planetmills.com
    Your chivalry is honorable, but how does one go about kicking ones arse online?

Well despite your unkindly remarks against my wife (in which I'd normally just kick your a#*), I'll leave it at this because I do enjoy traveling through the forums here at TC.

Have fun in your double-wide.
    Good talking with you. Next time you may want to reconsider insulting someones physical attributes right out of the box and playing troll-defender. While I may live in Alabama and obviously you've applied the untrue stigma that I live in a double-wide, it seems that if the cow you married is the best that St. Louis has to offer then you're the one who got the short end of that stick.

I love your guerrilla-style tactics. Execute personal attacks and then lambaste the person for returning the same style insult. Then, after a "I'm better than you post" you tuck tail and run.

Your physical threats only make me laugh.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Your chivalry is honorable, but how does one go about kicking ones arse online?
    I believe it's a virtual arse kicking, as in, "You're a jerk, I have just virtually kicked your arse." It's very brutal.

Evilghost...were you picked on as a child? You seem to have a fettish with narking out people "to the mods". "Throw em to the mods! Crucify him!!"

Yawwwn.......
    You brought this on yourself....
    I'm back!
    But NOT the man's wife! SHE isn't even here!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    All: No insults.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12