1.    #1  
    This must be my week for new phones! I just met up with a Sprint employee who's an acquaintance. He claims he can get me for free a brand new 6600. That's the phone I was looking at before, until I saw the broken display. But hey, if it's really free, maybe I'll go for it anyway. But I WILL be insuring it due to the fact that the slider or screen may break. The slider parts are what was broken on the display, and another person said the screen died when he dropped it on carpet.

If he can get it soon, I may just return the RAZR. Although I KNOW Sprint may try to make me sign another 2 year contract. They did it before when I activated a phone I didn't buy directly from them(but it was branded to them). Is there any way out of that? Should I just stand my ground and demand month to month?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's interesting ( to me ) you're testing out the RAZR, because before I decided to spend this much on a phone I also was looking at a RAZR because it was 'kinda' similar in price and I had to decide to myself 'do I want a superslim super trendy phone' or a 'full featured , bulky ( compared to the RAZR ) smartphone'. So while I can't contribute anything in regards to the answers you're looking for, if you don't mind me asking, how are you enjoying your RAZR?
    1 | 2
  3.    #3  
    I haven't used it yet. I'm having trouble putting the Treo down for a while, LOL! Maybe I'll just buy another SIM like I mentioned in another post so I can have 2 lines on one Treo Although it really is best for me to have 2 separate phones, just in case something happens to 1. I had a phone die on me once and I was stuck with no phone at all.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The more I use the 6600, the more I like it. You can't go too far wrong if they give it to you for free!!!
    http://www.doctordalai.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I haven't used it yet. I'm having trouble putting the Treo down for a while, LOL! Maybe I'll just buy another SIM like I mentioned in another post so I can have 2 lines on one Treo Although it really is best for me to have 2 separate phones, just in case something happens to 1. I had a phone die on me once and I was stuck with no phone at all.
    You haven't used it yet?!

I'd find it hard to resist I'd always have the Treo to go back to...
    1 | 2
  6.    #6  
    Speaks to the usefulness of the Treo, even though some in those "death of Palm" posts will disagree! I do want to get it up and running today.

Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Why not just get another Treo, I have read many of your post. You use the Treo now, You like it, You trust it. whats the deal. Don't get twisted by us PPC'ers the Treo is a great phone/PDA.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    Why not just get another Treo, I have read many of your post. You use the Treo now, You like it, You trust it. whats the deal. Don't get twisted by us PPC'ers the Treo is a great phone/PDA.
    It sure is but I suspect Lady Treo is a compulsive gadget queen. She wants to get her hands on every latest gadget there is out there.
  9.    #9  
    Only if I can use it though. I don't have the PSP because I don't play video games. No iPod because I went through the Walkman days, enough of earphones. Although I may load some music onto the Treo through the expansion card . But phones are a part of my business, I need more than one line and yes, I'm a sucker for cool cell phones!

By the way, I think that guy was full of it. I never heard back from him. So my search continues for a PPC. I saw the new WM5, looks good. Too bad the phones for it probably won't be out until Christmas!

I was interested in the PPC-6600 until today when I was in the SPCS store on State and Lake. That phone is HUGE! I'll probably get the 650 next month.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Only if I can use it though. I don't have the PSP because I don't play video games. No iPod because I went through the Walkman days, enough of earphones. Although I may load some music onto the Treo through the expansion card . But phones are a part of my business, I need more than one line and yes, I'm a sucker for cool cell phones!

By the way, I think that guy was full of it. I never heard back from him. So my search continues for a PPC. I saw the new WM5, looks good. Too bad the phones for it probably won't be out until Christmas!
    I am the same way. My PDA/phone makes or breaks my performance in my job. I have to say that I am still VERY happy with my decision to go with the PPC-6600.

Though if I was going to buy now, I would give pause with the new WM2005 announced. Especially since any upgrade offers are not looking promising. Here are two really good threads on the subject:

MS Unviels WinMobile 5.0....(but will Sprint offer it for PPC-660x?)
    ( http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/showt...threadid=47877 )

WHEN is the WM 5.0 coming out??
    ( http://www.pdaphonehome.com/forums/s...threadid=48004 )

I was interested in the PPC-6600 until today when I was in the SPCS store on State and Lake. That phone is HUGE! I'll probably get the 650 next month.
    I can certainly understand that a few mm bigger than the Treo may be no-matter-what-the-bennifets-are turn off. But here is a review from a treo 600 perspective just after buying the 6600 that might be worth reading before making you final decision. Both phones are great....it is just about find which one suites your needs and tastes the best:

Using 6601 On the Road for Week.....
    ( http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=62661 )
    Trust me, going with the 600 was a stretch for me. This is the first PDA phone I've had and prior to this purchase one of the attributes I looked for in a phone was that it be as small as possible. More often that not I have my phone in my pants pocket. I don't even like to use the leather case that I bought for my treo because it sticks out too much. The PPC-6600 is just too big for me.

If I made a career change and had to wear suits on a daily basis, like I may need to in the near future, the 6600 may be a more attractive option. But for now, I wear khakis and polos to work and in the summer no jacket. I don't even like carrying a wallet let alone my phone!
    See...that's great....You know what you like and what you want. I seriously doubt that you will not be very happy with the 650! Let us know what you think after you get it.