Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm going to have to go to a PPC forum to get answers about PPC phones I'm interested in. But don't worry, I'll be back! I still have and love the Treo!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/07/2005 at 02:03 PM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    where's your Treo?
  3.    #3  
    I have it, but remember I have 2 lines. Someone said you can't get 2 lines on a Treo. Though I wonder if I could get 2 SIMs for the same phone since I'm going through Cingular. Anyone know?
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/06/2005 at 09:15 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If you don't need to have a flip style phone, the Audiovox is actually a much better choice than the MPx220.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I have it, but remember I have 2 lines
    I sincerely hope that someday the US offers nationwide Alternate Line Service like Orange does globally. Maybe with WCDMA...

but, since you have 2, make the second one a RAZOR, its nice and small
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I sincerely hope that someday the US offers nationwide Alternate Line Service like Orange does globally. Maybe with WCDMA...
    Woah!!! You mean the US does not offer alternate line? I mean you americans don't hear the "beep beep" when you're on a call and someone is trying to call you? WOW...and I thought we were backwards.
    Never mind. I just talked to the Cingular guy I deal with and he said that this model was recalled by Cingular due to sound issues. Now I'm going to be looking at the Audiovox SMT 5600, which they also have.
    Why the 5600? Just out of curiosity.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    Because it is freggin amazing! I have the SMT5600, and highly recommend it. Especially if you are considering WM Smartphone OS. It is by far the pick of the litter for WM Smartphones. Tiny size, fast processor, great screen, and good looks.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by laugher
    Woah!!! You mean the US does not offer alternate line? I mean you americans don't hear the "beep beep" when you're on a call and someone is trying to call you? WOW...and I thought we were backwards.
    On landline and cell phones, yes we have call-waiting. But it's for the same line.

On landline and cell phones, yes we have call-waiting. But it's for the same line.
    The other thing I found when I was living over there for a short while was that the US needs to get out of its CDMA dominance and get into GSM like everyone else in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by smeg36
    Because it is freggin amazing! I have the SMT5600, and highly recommend it. Especially if you are considering WM Smartphone OS. It is by far the pick of the litter for WM Smartphones. Tiny size, fast processor, great screen, and good looks.
    I was actually quite attracted to the WM2005 SE Smartphone edition phones until I found that the applications available on the Smartphone edition devices were not compatible with the norm Pocket PC applications. Further, less applications are tested for compatibility or even available in a Smartphone edition device.

I suppose it comes down to whether you want a phone with PDA functions or a PDA with phone functions.

Actually - this one is for Lady Treo - maybe you should get a Smartphone edition phone? It doesn't do a lot of the PDA stuff but it does the phone and contact stuff reasonably well...built in Outlook contacts management.
  12.    #12  
    The other thing I found when I was living over there for a short while was that the US needs to get out of its CDMA dominance and get into GSM like everyone else in the world.
    I've said this before, people didn't like it. America is slow to change much of the time.

Do you post on any other boards? I need PPC help which is a bit lacking here even though this is the "other handheld" area. Howard looks good, and I found 2 others through Howard.

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  14.    #14  
    I was actually quite attracted to the WM2005 SE Smartphone edition phones until I found that the applications available on the Smartphone edition devices were not compatible with the norm Pocket PC applications. Further, less applications are tested for compatibility or even available in a Smartphone edition device.

I suppose it comes down to whether you want a phone with PDA functions or a PDA with phone functions.

Actually - this one is for Lady Treo - maybe you should get a Smartphone edition phone? It doesn't do a lot of the PDA stuff but it does the phone and contact stuff reasonably well...built in Outlook contacts management.
    I need the phone first, then the contacts and calender. Pocket Outlook is supposed to be my only choice for email connection though, which I hate because I don't like the desktop version.

I didn't go down to Cingular like I said I would, didn't want to make too rash of a decision. I am very interested in the Audiovox, but now there's a new model out with a joystick, NOT available with US carriers but they're selling the unlocked US version on Expansys. I don't get it. We're just so incredibly slow here getting out the new phones.

I could probably help you with most PPC questions you have, but not really much into the Smartphones. Sorry...

16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Thanks! So you don't recommend Howard? They seem to cover any and all newer phones over there, LOL! I thought they were informative. JMO though.

Thanks! So you don't recommend Howard? They seem to cover any and all newer phones over there, LOL! I thought they were informative. JMO though.
    Perhaps for Smartphones. But anything PPC in general, probably not.

18.    #18  
    There's a link over at PPC Thoughts to Smartphone Thoughts, LOL! Maybe I should use that one, because yes, I must have a smartphone. No phone=less business in my case.

There's a link over at PPC Thoughts to Smartphone Thoughts, LOL! Maybe I should use that one, because yes, I must have a smartphone. No phone=less business in my case.
    Forgot about that one. Same person, (fairly) new site.

20.    #20  
    Does anyone know anything about Pocket Outlook? Do I really have only that as a choice for calender, tasks and contacts? It implies that in the specs. If so, can I enter directly into the smartphone instead of going through my PC(syncing)?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast