Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Have you had time to pickup the Razr, yet? I looked at it and dreaded the lack of keyboard, but it's soooo pretty, it would be nice for just a "travel light" phone. I'm still considering so let me know what you think! ;-)
  2.    #42  
    Yes I have it, just no time to set it up until maybe tonight. I'm used to using cell phones with keys that you keep pressing until the right letter appears, so no keyboard isn't that big of a deal for me. It is VERY light however. I'll keep you posted!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    207 Global Posts
    I had a T600 and changed to an MPx220. I looked at the RAZR but the contacts app was weak. I needed a cellphone first with some PDA functionality. The MPx220 integrates tightly with my work email (Outlook). It has bluetooth and works well with bluetooth synching. The one thing that I have grown to like the most about the phone is the voice dialing. That app works very well, you can speak the number or say the name of the person you want to dial. Where there are multiple numbers for a contact you just have to say "mobile" or what ever the phone number type is. The MPx220 isn't for everyone but for me it works very well.
    Nokia 6340i-->T600-->MPx220-->Imate SP5
    Cingular GSM, Northeast Georgia, USA
  4.    #44  
    That phone got recalled due to sound issues. I wanted it too.

RAZR is fine for me though, so far. It's a "fun" phone, so it's my 3rd line.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #45  
    I just got this phone with the supposed new firmware. And they also released yet ANOTHER version of firmware for this phone supposedly. I'll be testing it and if it works fine, my phone quest will end for now. But thank goodness SIMs are switchable because when the new phones for the 2nd half of the year come out, I'll be looking! But the Treo 650 will stay, no matter what! I can see it is better than this phone already.

Woman...enough is enough!
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  7.    #47  
    Hey you should see some of the people on other forums. Some guy showed us all 8 of his phones, LOL! But you're right, it is time to slow down until the next round of phones are released! However, I'm still loyal to the Treo!! And if the 700 will have WiFi, it will be next on my list!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Hey you should see some of the people on other forums. Some guy showed us all 8 of his phones, LOL! But you're right, it is time to slow down until the next round of phones are released! However, I'm still loyal to the Treo!! And if the 700 will have WiFi, it will be next on my list!
    If it does have wifi and bt ver 1.2...then it will king of the hill (again).
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If it does have wifi and bt ver 1.2...then it will king of the hill (again).
    It really can't be that hard to put all those missing features into the device. While I do regret that the Treo didn't have as many nice features as I wanted it to have, I do remember that it was an orphan adopted by PalmOne from Handspring. But PalmOne really hasn't done much to make it the king of the hill.

PPC makers on the other hand are taking advantage of the PalmOne's relaxed stance on their market. But they aren't helping either by releasing 64Mb devices.

The funny thing about all this is; I'm not even a power user. Releasing a device that will attract the majority of the population is fine but both user camps still feel like there is always something missing...

My message to vendors is simple - its not hard to figure out what's missing (just read these forums), plan for OS and application medium term capability and release a product that shuts most of us up for the next 12 months.
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Woman...enough is enough!
    Someone may be giving me another of these phones, LOL! 2 MPX 220s. Now it IS getting out of hand!

Someone may be giving me another of these phones, LOL! 2 MPX 220s. Now it IS getting out of hand!
    You know you could always give me one of those spare handsets. I will look after it for you.

BTW - RAZR is a very attractive phone. I had the pleasure of handling it for a day last week. I punched in numbers (because the address book wasn't mine) and I answered calls and the whole experience was a pleasure. Just not too sure about the address book once I looked into it. Feels like the old MOTO flip phone interface...yuck.
  12.    #52  
    You never know, one is probably enough anyway. The MPX 220s not unlocked though, I couldn't give you one unless you could get that done. But they are quad band, so I'm sure they would work in AU. Although you may want to find a ROM from your area. I'm sure these have American English ROM since they're from Cingular.

If you do get the RAZR for a 2nd phone(can't do serious work on it), try the black one. It's COOLER than the silver one! More features too, like video recording which the silver is not supposed to have (unless you flash it with the new ROM).

You never know, one is probably enough anyway.
    I was trying to imagine what life would be like if I were trying to reach you...there would be like 3 or 4 numbers to call.

But they are quad band, so I'm sure they would work in AU. Although you may want to find a ROM from your area. I'm sure these have American English ROM since they're from Cingular.
    Quad band is fine. So would Tri band. I will be more than happy to degrade myself to reading American English if you were happy to let me mind your phone for you.

If you do get the RAZR for a 2nd phone(can't do serious work on it), try the black one. It's COOLER than the silver one! More features too, like video recording which the silver is not supposed to have (unless you flash it with the new ROM).
    Not sure that I will get one...unless its free. I'm content in waiting for a WM2005 device (or upgrade) and watching to see what Palm is going to do with the next Treo. I can't see myself switching phones...too much of a luxury for me I guess.
    Chances are that Palm will promise WIFI on the next phone but don't release it with it (like the Treo 600/650). Now that PPC 5.0 is released and there are PPC phones with keyboards releasing with it (with a smaller form factor than Treo)... I believe PALM has a lot of work ahead of them to be competitive.

Considering that Palm releases broken phones with almost zero competition, I can't imagine how the next round of Treo's will turn out.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123