Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Does anyone know anything about Pocket Outlook? Do I really have only that as a choice for calender, tasks and contacts? It implies that in the specs. If so, can I enter directly into the smartphone instead of going through my PC(syncing)?
    You can use other programs like Pocket Informant or Agenda Fusion. They integrate with pOutlook. But you should be able to enter/edit anything on the device - at least you can with regular PPC's.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  2.    #22  
    I'm going to temporarily pass on the 5600 and take the RAZR, however, I may still try the 5600 or it's new model. You can still talk me out of the RAZR if you post before 10am Central as to why I should take the 5600 first.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/09/2005 at 04:15 AM.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    The RAZR is a cool phone. It is basically just a slimmer and prettier V600 and you will not have many of the functions of the Treo, nor the 5600. However, it has great battery life, sounds great (as do you to the other party...motorola is good with this), and has some very nice features for a non-smartphone.

The 5600 is a great phone as well. I haven't owned it myself, but the two people I know who have it say they really like it. It handles contacts as well, if not better, than the Treo does. It handles calendar appointments more intuitively as well, and offer MANY features that the Treo does not come with, right out of the box. This phone, I believe, is the same as the SP3i, aside from the different housings. It think that it is the better choice, especially for business use. If you are going to need the calendar and contacts in the phone, I suggest the Audiovox, but if these are not necessities either will do, and the RAZR is definitely better looking.
  4.    #24  
    It's supposed to have an address book and a calender, so says Moto's own specs.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/Web_f...roductid=29302
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  5.    #26  
    I think this one is Moto's "in house" OS, but they did have another that was PPC, it got recalled.

The 5600 is PPC and I still may get it, or wait for it's new sister(if any US carrier would move it's bones and get out newer phones). I always need several phones thanks to the fact that 2 lines can't be added to one cell UNLESS maybe if I get one unlocked and just buy SIMs. But then I miss out on owning several cool phones.

6.    #27  
    Stay tuned, 5600 maybe by end of week or next week!

the Audiovox one?

Rogers has it already, people like it, and its nice looking, however i remember hearing it has some problems with its zoom camera (whoop di do of course), and I think with MMSing...but of course that could be a carrier specific problem of course
    It's supposed to have an address book and a calender, so says Moto's own specs.

http://direct.motorola.com/ENS/Web_f...roductid=29302
    LT, I gather from your thread here that you'll want to sync your Outlook data. Unless something has changed, note that you'll need Motorola's Mobile PhoneTools ($30) to go with your Razr.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  9.    #30  
    Thanks R! I don't use Outlook, actually. I was going to enter contacts and to do lists directly into the phone. I haven't even had a chance to play with the RAZR, I've had to go take care of business. I'll look into those tools later tonight(and I do mean LATER, LOL!)

Lady Treo - in your original message, you described your reason as to why you needed to get another phone as being; you can't get 2 lines. Well, I think that's a service/network provider issue and not an issue with the Treo 650.

You may want to explore your rationale and justification further before you pull your money out. It just sounds like you are making an impulsive buying decision from my perspective.
    ... I was going to enter contacts and to do lists directly into the phone...
    Sounds so primal...
    You don't need tools; you need patience!
    Then again, if you put your contacts on the SIM card, you may only need to enter ToDos.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
  12.    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by laugher
    Lady Treo - in your original message, you described your reason as to why you needed to get another phone as being; you can't get 2 lines. Well, I think that's a service/network provider issue and not an issue with the Treo 650.

You may want to explore your rationale and justification further before you pull your money out. It just sounds like you are making an impulsive buying decision from my perspective.
    Well as the Cingular rep reminded me in a roundabout way, I could return the phone, keep the SIM and have 2 numbers. Then I could get 2 lines on my Treo because either SIM will work on a Cingular phone. HOWEVER, yes I'm also a gadget hound to some degree, and cell phones are one of my tech weaknesses. So I usually do get different phones for each line. On another forum, some guy has 5 phones, so I'm not so bad.

Well as the Cingular rep reminded me in a roundabout way, I could return the phone, keep the SIM and have 2 numbers. Then I could get 2 lines on my Treo because either SIM will work on a Cingular phone. HOWEVER, yes I'm also a gadget hound to some degree, and cell phones are one of my tech weaknesses. So I usually do get different phones for each line. On another forum, some guy has 5 phones, so I'm not so bad.
    Well, guys don't carry a handbag around so its a bit hard to look cool having two phones, one in each pocket or one on each side of the hip. Sounds like you need to lease your phone at the rate you go through them.
  14.    #35  
    I still have the Treo, I haven't gotten rid of it. I'm going to use that for my main line, and the RAZR(or the 5600 if I don't like the RAZR) for the 2nd line. I will never carry them together, that's just asking for trouble if my purse gets stolen. I can at least use one for back up if that happens.

Just a quick word from my conversation with someone who currently uses a Motorola RAZR. Bear in mind, he used to carry a PPC phone.

He informs me that he hates the contact management side of the RAZR. For example, if he has a contact that has a fixed phone, a mobile phone and a fax, he needs to add THREE (3) separate entries for each.

He also hates the synchronization part. It doesn't work too well apparently.

But as a phone, its great. As a fashion accessory, it looks a killer.
    LoL i got 4 lines Plus 3 more for work! hahahahah
    I have heard that the BT in the Razor works perfectly...let us know Lady Treo.
  18.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by laugher
    Just a quick word from my conversation with someone who currently uses a Motorola RAZR. Bear in mind, he used to carry a PPC phone.

He informs me that he hates the contact management side of the RAZR. For example, if he has a contact that has a fixed phone, a mobile phone and a fax, he needs to add THREE (3) separate entries for each.

He also hates the synchronization part. It doesn't work too well apparently.

But as a phone, its great. As a fashion accessory, it looks a killer.
    All Motos have that contacts problem, don't they? I think I recall the T720 had the same problem.

19.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I have heard that the BT in the Razor works perfectly...let us know Lady Treo.
    After I get an 850, I'll try to let you know. BT was never my strong point. I was told they're over $100 though. I get the RAZR after it goes down under $300, but I have to pay $100+ for the heaphone.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast