1.    #1  
    Could not resist. How many times will these 'announce to get the masses all slobbering, and then..delay' tactics suck people in.

From InfoSync World today:

http://www.infosyncworld.com/news/n/5947.html

Initially slated for launch in late 2004 only to shortly thereafter be delayed until the first quarter of 2005, the Windows Mobile based P50 communicator from BenQ is facing yet another hurdle on its road to retail availability. A BenQ representative today confirmed to infoSync World that the P50 will not be launched in Europe until the third quarter of 2005, and then only in Italy, initially. Similarly, the P50 will not be made available in the U.S. market until late in the third quarter.

The communicator, which would have been the first of its kind to integrate a built-in thumbboard with a slim form factor and extensive wireless capabilities had it launched on time, will now be facing competition from several other Windows Mobile devices by the time it hits shelves. Most notably, devices such as the O2 XDA IIs, T-Mobile MDA IV, upcoming iPAQ hw6500, Vodafone VPA IV and Orange SPV 3G all match the P50 in terms of features with some even surpassing the device by adding 3G to the mix.
    Quote Originally Posted by nrosser
    Could not resist. How many times will these 'announce to get the masses all slobbering, and then..delay' tactics suck people in.
    Very common tactic for sure. Remember when PalmOne did that with the Treo 650 last spring/summer? Folks were on mega-speculate mode until the actual release in October. Fun stuff.
    Heh, it will be released just before the treo 7xx. LOL

-P
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I don't understand why people are so interested in this phone. It ain't pretty, it isn't very pocket-friendly, and it doesn't do much, if anything, other phone edition devices do...What's the big deal?
    Quote Originally Posted by pertinax
    Heh, it will be released just before the treo 7xx. LOL
    More likely it will be DOA. It's window of opportunity has come and is nearly gone. Besides, the Treo 7xx will probably be a Windows Mobile device.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    I don't understand why people are so interested in this phone. It ain't pretty, it isn't very pocket-friendly, and it doesn't do much, if anything, other phone edition devices do...What's the big deal?
    Its ugly. The Treo wasn't pretty either but at least it looked better than the BenQ.
    So has anyone come out with a device similar in size to the treo with a full keyboard? I think the closes thing would be the blue blackberry.
    That HP6500 is supposed to be close. It's not out consumer-wise yet though.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by laugher
    Its ugly. The Treo wasn't pretty either but at least it looked better than the BenQ.
    LOL! I thought I was the only one that didn't like it's appearance. The silver Treo looks fine however, IMO.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by Silver5
    Because of the thumb keyboard. It's the only reason I'm probably going to keep my Treo and not get the I-MATE JAM. Sure the PDA2K(which I have) has a thumb keyboard but you got to slide it down and that gets annoying and I swear I would probably end up dropping it a couple times trying to slide that keyboard down. The Treo is just too darn convienient to enter appointments and tasks. Way quick! And I have just decided that the reason I want a smartphone is to be more organized and connected. Not to play movies and such. Although it would be nice to have both! C'mon iPAQ hw6500.