1.    #1  
    Hey Everyone,

I know that you can "tap" the power button and it turns either the PDA off or turns out the backlight... But, is there a way to turn the whole PDA off in it's entierty?

I think I saw a program out there that let a user shutdown a Window's Mobile device like a normal Window's computer... You pressed Start--> Then Shut Down. Anyone familiar?

Thanks!
    You can't shut off a PDA (other than removing all batteries.) They are not designed to be shut off.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Is there a way to turn the phone part of it off?

There are times when I am just using the PDA and would like to conserve some battery energy and was wondering if there was a way to shut down the phone part of it.

Also, there was no user's manual in the VX6600's box. Am I to assume that there is NO manual included or did mine fall out somewhere in the store?

Thanks!
    I can't help you there, as I don't have the 6600. I was only responding to shutting off a PDA. I would think yours would've came with a manual. Pretty unusual NOT to get one.

Perhaps you can find a .pdf version on VZW or Audiovox's website?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Hold the Red Hang up Button on the lower right of the phone. It takes a few seconds but keep holding until you hear music. Then the Signal indicator on the top of the screen will display a x
    Manual should be on the CD that came with the handset. You don't mention whether you have the VZW or SPCS phone. ON the VZW side, the only way out of the box to turn the radio off is to tap the antenna icon and turn flight mode on. Holding the "End Call" button work for SPCS.

Bob Duckworth
  7.    #7  
    Hey guys,

Yea, thanks Bob. I was sitting here pressing the RED END button for a few seconds and the FIRST time it actually DID display an "X". Then I turned the phone on again and tried to shut it down again and it didn't work. I was sitting here for like 5 minutes cursing it... Makes sense if only the SPCS model does it as I have VZW.

I appreciate the response and help!
    Ah yes, but on the VZW handset, holding the "end call" button down will shut down your data connection. Useful at times.

Enjoy,

Bob Duckworth
    Thanks to Bob Duckworth (RDUCKWOR1)

A REALLY easy hack to allow you to toggle the flight mode on or off with just a single button push.

Ok...so who can get my speakerphone to map to a single button other than phone on?

Carl

HOW TO:

This appeared here on PDAPHONEHOME first...

>>As you know, the VZW 6600 doesn't natively support the "End Call" radio off feature that the SPCS device does. With VZW you had to tap the antenna icon and select "Flight Mode" to shut the radio down.

With this hack, your "end Call" button will now function just like the SPCS device.

You need registry editor software - any will do. Be careful and make sure you're comfortable dabbling in the guts of your OS. Here's the procedure:

1. Get the PHM REGISTRY HACK APP (the FREE version will do)
    [[Note: Resco Explorer 2003 has one in it already]]

2. Open that app up and make sure you are at MY DEVICE.

3. Highlight MY DEVICE by tapping it once, [[if you are on a Verizon phone it will be a folder labeled My Registry]]

4. Go to bottom screen and click on TOOLS and than FIND and type the word below and hit FIND NEXT.

flightmodeswitchbypnhendkey

(you can also just type the first part I'm sure it will find it).

5. Open that, and just switch the VALUE DATA from 0 TO 1.

6. Hit OK and when you are out, and reset your ppc.

Now your set and ready to do what you wanted for FREE!
    Sorry about the typing errors; I'm all thumbs.