1.    #1  
    Here is a quote from the Handango newsletter:

For the first time, the Handango Yardstick reports the top devices adding software by revenue in addition to units sold. This new addition ranks the Sony Ericsson P900/P910 as the number one phone adding software by revenue, dethroning the palmOne Treo 600/650. Another highlight was the addition of the Nokia 9500 and Nokia 6600/6620 to the list of top five phones adding software by revenue. With regards to handhelds, the palmOne Tungsten T Series remained in the number one spot for both revenue and units sold while the Dell Axim X3 Series and palmOne Tungsten E landed at the number two and three slots, respectively.
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    You're saying people are spending more money on P900/910 software than Treo 600/650 software, right? I gotta think that's worldwide sales, not North American sales. Sony and Nokia own the European PDA/phone market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceman6
    You're saying people are spending more money on P900/910 software than Treo 600/650 software, right? I gotta think that's worldwide sales, not North American sales. Sony and Nokia own the European PDA/phone market.
    Just bear in mind, also, that the people who owned a Treo 600 have already bought software that they can bring across to the 650 (the majority of them anyway). So those who upgrade to the 650 (I would guess this would be a large proportion of the Treo 650's current user population) wouldn't need to buy any more software than they already own.
    Also:
    1. A lot of palm/treo software is very inexpensive
    2. A lot of it is free
    3. A lot of it is obtained from sites that Handigo is not going to track
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Also:
    2. A lot of it is free

And the majority of stuff you get from those places don't work on the TREO 650!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    Also:
    2. A lot of it is free
    Valid points. I know I buy 80% of my commercial stuff from pocketgear.