1.    #1  
    Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone out there knew how I could do the following...

I wanted to try to listen to a Live Stream of the Delaware State Police from the following link:

http://www.state.de.us/dsp/index.htm

Scroll down to the bottom of the page to where it says: 911 SCANNER, CLICK TO ACTIVATE.

When I click on the link on my PPC 6600, it says that I need JAVA to listen to it.

Does anyone know HOW I can get to listen to this live stream on my Pocket PC?

Thanks!
  2. frh
    NetFront v3.0 for Pocket PC, http://nfppc.access.co.jp/english/about.html#04 says it supports Java. I downloaded the trial version about 20 minutes ago, and it displays this forum a lot better than IE that came on the XV6600.

The FAQ says the java function is disabled on the trial version, so you'll have to buy it to find out if it works (that is unless someone here can tell you if it will work.

I just tried viewing a 21 mb windows media file from one of my own websites, and after working on downloading it for quite a few minutes it displayed a memory error box. But the program didn't crash. That's encouraging. Tomorrow I plan on playing around with it to see if I can get it to store and run files like this from the SD card.

It also seems to have quite a few advanced settings that I am not finding in the IE browser, like for instance prompt for cookies. I just set it to be the default browser and set the IE button to point to it. I may like this program, in fact, I think I may buy the paid version of it tomorrow.

You might also try the Thunderhawk browser. I downloaded it yesterday, but already un-installed it. It would probably work pretty well if I wanted to devote the time to learn how to use it. But it just seems strange to me, and is locked into landscape mode with the scroll button on the wrong side...

Hope this helps, Rick