Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Well actually I could not resist the entire package of the vx6600. I have been shadowing the PPCs for some time now. I still have my T650 but that now belongs to the wife. I know it is redundant but :
    1. The hide away keyboard is really kinda nice. It works great for my big hands.

2. I can not get over the speed of EVDO! If SPCS does not get on the ball and quick.(pun)

3. Screen Size, rotation clarity did I mention size.

4. One handed use. Non Issue for me with a BT headset.

Next on the list is the Apps Search!
    Does that one have wifi and a digicam?
    no wifi
    But it does work with sd wifi cards out of the box. . . no hack neccessary.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

How does the unlimited data plan pricing compare to Sprint & Cingular?
    VZW is 44.95/month. SPCS used to be $15/month don't know haven't been there for a while. Cingular is something like $25/month.

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    spcs is 30 a month.

I have compared the camera to the two devices. Treo Wins Big Time!!!
    There is a big learning curve to the PPC nothing is just there. Take the speaker phone, you have to press and hold the phone button. Its strange coming from the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by g.711
    spcs is 30 a month.

I have compared the camera to the two devices. Treo Wins Big Time!!!
    There is a big learning curve to the PPC nothing is just there. Take the speaker phone, you have to press and hold the phone button. Its strange coming from the Treo.
    Yes, but early adopters live for learning curves. What would we talk about if it worked perfectly out of the box??

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    VZW is 44.95/month. SPCS used to be $15/month don't know haven't been there for a while. Cingular is something like $25/month.
    True and the services offered is different for these prices. (EV-DO versus 1X versus EDGE)

Has Sprint disclosed what they plan to charge for EV-DO?
    Global Posts
    571 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rduckwor
    Yes, but early adopters live for learning curves. What would we talk about if it worked perfectly out of the box??
    Bob Duckworth
    Agreed, I am not complaining I am having fun discovering the tool, tricks and features. You can truly appreciate the sophistication of the PPC OS vs the Palm OS. I thought I spent a lot of time finding things for the Treo. This PPC has so much more. By that I mean each app take time to master. On the palm you can figure it out in five minutes. So the Treo is great for my wife, and the PPC is Great for me.