Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.jackito-pda.com/what_is_jackito/overview.php

looks kind of marvellous - if just more information would be available about stability, functionality, ergonomics and so on I may be a happy camper over there ...
    LOL well, let's see....

-16 meg
    -low res screen
    -most "apps" black and white
    -not really any apps you don't get free with a $20 organizrer
    -no third party apps
    - battery life of a couple hours with color? Hard to tell even if color is standard or some kind of add on.
    -what "apps" you do get may be demos that will cost to keep using.
    -No web, email, SMS, etc
    -Web site makes no sense and doesnt ever really tell you anything other than "you can use both thumbs!!!!" Not a lot of confidence in these nuts, lol

oh yes....IT'S NOT A PHONE!
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/28/2005 at 09:23 AM.
    and all for only $600!!!!
    Wack-ito!
    Update on this joke:

See the video!
    http://www.jackito-pda.com/video/video.php

This looks like something you get free in a cereal box! Interesting, they don't bother to show the "color" screen that lasts "a few hours"

Look at the price! Color NOT included in the $600, neither is the FM radio or just about anything else:

http://www.jackito-pda.com/buy_it/bu...ba1c983970b844

With just the "recomended" stuff (like a $25 USB cable) and the FM radio an SD card and "micophone with dictaphone" [!] It quickly comes to a cool $1000, and it STILL ain't a phone

Oh yes, and finally....

They don't have any yet! "Based on the pre-orders received, we will draw up a production schedule and contact you with a delivery date"

But don't worry, if you send them 10%, they will "confirm your order"

About the only think I would trust on this web site is "Be the first to buy" one!
    Last edited by midmofan; 03/28/2005 at 02:05 PM.
    Next!
    Quote Originally Posted by midmofan
    LOL well, let's see....

-16 meg
    -low res screen
    -most "apps" black and white
    -not really any apps you don't get free with a $20 organizrer
    -no third party apps
    - battery life of a couple hours with color? Hard to tell even if color is standard or some kind of add on.
    -what "apps" you do get may be demos that will cost to keep using.
    -No web, email, SMS, etc
    -Web site makes no sense and doesnt ever really tell you anything other than "you can use both thumbs!!!!" Not a lot of confidence in these nuts, lol

oh yes....IT'S NOT A PHONE!
    You forgot the most important part - its called a JACKITO? WTH?...their marketing people need to be powdered and slapped.
    i read about this on pocketmatrix- i was cracking up! read the FAQ for a hilarious jest at work...

4.1: Doesn’t using the fingers leave marks on the screen?

- Yes, our fingers do leave marks on the screen. So do our cheeks, when we use our mobile phone.
    - We need to clean the screen from time to time, just like we clean our eyeglasses.
    - However, these marks can be useful, as they reduce unwanted glare. - In practice, we don’t need to clean the screen very often.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Jackito?!? Sounds like something Michael Jackson would name his...ahhh, nevermind
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I don't know how I missed the JUNE 2004 LAUNCH!
    Last edited by mcdan333; 03/28/2005 at 10:22 AM.
    Wow - in what I think to be a pretty normal configuration, one of these is over $1,000. Whew!
    Sorry, but I just can't resist, the more you look at these guy's web-site the better it gets. This is from their "FAQ:"

5.2: Have you chosen the right starter applications for the product’s launch?

[Last modification date : Thu 22 July 2004]

In theory, this question is irrelevant, as Jackito would still be an attractive product, even without any applications.

After all, when we buy a TV set or computer, we usually have to purchase the programming and software that we want.

In practice, the applications we have supplied are designed to let you – the expert – test out our product’s unrivalled features (Touchscreen Interface, open-ended design, efficient power consumption, etc.). We felt it was better to provide a few basic functions that most people would find useful (e.g. FM radio, calculators, organizer, address book and a few games), so that users from different backgrounds could get to know Jackito and experience its key design objectives (user friendliness, data security, adaptability and long battery life) before moving onto other applications.
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    You forgot the most important part - its called a JACKITO? WTH?...their marketing people need to be powdered and slapped.
    Give them some slack....looks like they are all French!

5.2: Have you chosen the right starter applications for the product’s launch?

In theory, this question is irrelevant...
    I Think these guys used to work for my phone company!"
  15. ceb
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    1)Store all your day-to-day pocket objects in a single pocket object that you can carry around with you everywhere
    2) Manage these objects very easily with your fingertips (e.g. use, move, duplicate, rename, delete, store, etc.)

KEWL. I can keep my car keys, change, IDs and credit cards as well a jacket and an umbrella in the Jackito - all of which will weigh <6 oz........

Then, if I need more money, I can just duplicate it with my finger - or can I just rename a $1 bill to a $100 bill?
    Cheers

Charles
    Quote Originally Posted by makrotonik
    At least your children are safe with this Jackito. or are they?
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    Give them some slack....looks like they are all French!
    The testimonials are pretty funny:

"…When I found out about Jackito, I realized I could finally own the product I’d been dreaming of. Before then, I used a Compaq pocket PC, which I customized: - I repainted its casing to give it a distinctive design; - I welded down the mechanical buttons on my pocket PC, as they were of no use to me, since I’d radically modified the OS so I could operate the device with my thumbs in landscape mode. I used to take this little gadget with me everywhere and I could control it by simply touching it – with no need for a stylus. Thanks, Jackito! You’re the pocket device that I’d been waiting for, although I never thought that someone would actually invent you (widescreen display, no mechanical buttons, 100% thumbs-driven, custom covers...).

Jean-Baptiste
    Founder of Mioplanet and inventor of ‘Mio technology’"
    ELR
    >> Drop by! <<

Avatar courtesy of ButtUglyJeff!
    I guess I was too hard on this thing as it apparantly has features they don't specify on the web page. Like a vibrate mode?

"Nothing beats our fingers - especially compared to a stylus. Its the personal assistant that I can't do without. I can trust it to take care of my 'whole life.'" Michele Fine, User.
    I guess I was too hard on this thing as it apparantly has features they don't specify on the web page. Like a vibrate mode?

"Nothing beats our fingers - especially compared to a stylus. Its the personal assistant that I can't do without. I can trust it to take care of my 'whole life.'" Michele Fine, User.
    hmmm...should we go there??
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    This thread is clear example of why I love Treocentral.
    Thanks guys....for the afternoon chuckle.

PRPRPR