Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Cingular version? If so, what do you think as compared to the Treo 650? This one has Wi-Fi, one big difference. Thanks!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Simply put, the SX66 is one of the best PPCs available. If you like PPC you will definitely be happy to have one. Hell, I want one!

The battery life is merely ok, and the slide out keypad is not as nice, but it does have wifi and four times the memory of the Treo!
  3.    #3  
    The consumer reviews come up the same as the Treo, mixed, so the average comes out only fair(same as Treo). Maybe average consumers are harder to satisfy?

Doing a search I see Mr. TonyH owns this. Hopefully when he comes back, he can give some insight since he used both, which is the feedback I need. I suspect by his posts, he will probably tell me to dump the 650 and get the SX66(lol!), but I need 2 phones and don't want 2 of the same.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I preferred my SX66 to my Treo 650. More memory, built-in WiFi, bigger screen, better applications, hand-writing recognition, etc, etc, etc.
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I currently own both and I am having an EXTREMELY hard time deciding which to keep.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Be very, very quiet. I'm gonna catch me a rhinoceros.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jlczl
    I currently own both and I am having an EXTREMELY hard time deciding which to keep.
    You may have company soon. 1 reason I always come up with an excuse as to why I need 2 separate phones is I LOVE cool phones.

It's more practical just to put 2 lines on 1 phone, but then I couldn't try out the Siemens.

I tried out the SX66 last week and only used it for a day. The size and weight is greater than the Treo 650, and keyboard is not as good as well.
    Cingular Blue
    Treo 650 (now unlocked)
    Firmware: 1.05
    Current Software: Treo650-1.04-CNB
    Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    I am currently comparing both models and I actually have to give the upper hand to the SX66 on the keyboard. The keyboard on the 650 was too crowded for my taste. The keys on the SX66 are nicely spaced and the buttons give good feedback.
    Palm VII-Palm Vx-Palm M125-Clie T615-Sony NZ90-Sony NX80-Toshiba E800-Sony NZ90 (again)-Treo 600-HP 6315-Treo 650-Moto MPX220-SX66-Treo 650 (again)-QTek 9100-HP6515-Cingular 8125-Moto Q (10 days)-Cingular 8125 (again)-Nokia 9300-Cingular 2125 & Nokia E62-ETen M600+-Cingular 3125-Treo 750 & Samsung Blackjack-Cingular 8525-iPhone-Moto Q9-at&t Tilt-iPhone3G-Nokia E71-HTC Diamond-Blackberry Bold-at&t Fuze-SE Xperia X1a-Treo Pro.

Dang people. Thanks for getting me excited again. I need a digital camera though. That's just me.

I have been looking at the I-MATE JAM also.
    PPC6600 from Sprint and XV6600 from Verizon both come with camera. I don't use mine for anything important. Phone cameras are just simply low grade.
  11.    #11  
    I agree, Tony. Phone cameras are worthless unless someone hits your car then drives off and you need the plate, a crime is being commited and you take pics for evidence, etc.(heard of these things happening before). But other than emergency, forget it!

12.    #12  
    Were you or jlczl able to find protective cases for your phones, by the way?

I have a brando case, hard plastic dressed in leather. Rugged as hell. Take a look

http://shop.brando.com.hk/bwxdaIIsleatherhardcase.php

Btw, my current phone is Sprint PPC6600, and the camera opening is not pefect because my lense, flash, and reflector are lighned up vertically. This the self-portrate reflector is hidden. No biigy.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    PPC6600 from Sprint and XV6600 from Verizon both come with camera. I don't use mine for anything important. Phone cameras are just simply low grade.
    So the Cing version doesn't have a phone. That's dumb. Sure it's a crap phone but you never know when you'r going to want to capture an image or something. A picture is worth a thousand words. A crappy one maybe 500 or so.
  15.    #15  
    This is a business device first and foremost, not an expensive toy(although some obviously think so). I don't need a bad camera to do business. I need the Wi-Fi, the phone and the PDA functions. If I need a camera, I'll get a good one that takes usable pictures. JMO.

Global Posts
    1,935 Global Posts
    Piel Frama makes a nice high end leather case.

Quote Originally Posted by juice
    So the Cing version doesn't have a phone. That's dumb. Sure it's a crap phone but you never know when you'r going to want to capture an image or something. A picture is worth a thousand words. A crappy one maybe 500 or so.
    Huh? you mean it doesn't have a camera? No, it does not. But it does have a phone.

PPC6601 No camera
    PPC6600 Camera
    XV6600 No camera
    XV6000 With camera, released a few weeks ago
    SX66 no camera

But the SX66 is the only phone amongst the above with built-in WiFi
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Huh? you mean it doesn't have a camera? No, it does not. But it does have a phone.

PPC6601 No camera
    PPC6600 Camera
    XV6600 No camera
    XV6000 With camera, released a few weeks ago
    SX66 no camera

But the SX66 is the only phone amongst the above with built-in WiFi
    Whoops, yeah meant camera. Dang. not fair. whatever. I'm still waiting for this device.

PPC OS
    3.5 HEADPHONE JACK
    SD SLOT
    WIFI/BLUETOOF
    EDGE OR EVDO Connection
    POSSIBLE INTEGRATED KEYBOARD.
    DROP PROOF...ok that might be a while.
    Sumsung i830 maybe your choice whenever it comes out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    Cingular version? If so, what do you think as compared to the Treo 650? This one has Wi-Fi, one big difference. Thanks!
    I tried it around the holidays when the local store got their first shipments. I decided I didn't like the keyboard. I found the slide-out design awkward, and the keys were too small for me and gave me very little tacile feedback. (YMMV depending on the size and sensibility of your digits) The other factor was that it doesn't have Edge capability, though Cingular wants Edge data rates. The debate then -here- was whether you could get the 19.95 MediaWorks with it. In any event, the local store said no and I like to do business with local stores for all my gadgets/toys. BTW, all these devices are remarkable and replaceable. I'm having fun with a 7100t these days. Good luck end enjoy your next wonderful device.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast