Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    Quote Originally Posted by laugher
    They are but remember, Sony has the Clie range of Palm based PDAs which were (and probably still are) selling better than their PalmOne counterparts. I was wondering if anyone heard of any directions or strategies they may have put in place to put out a Palm based PDA/Phone.
    I haven't seen new Clies advertised in a while. They may be discontinued.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #142  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    I haven't seen new Clies advertised in a while. They may be discontinued.
    What a shame. Wonder if they know something we don't.
    There are 4 on CompUSA. One's still using 4.1 Palm. The 3 others are 5.0 and 5.2, which is newer but I still don't see the advertising I used to about them. We're up to 5.4 now, all Clie models look like they're from last year.

The last Clie review on CNET was from 2004. Nothing on Sony's site as far as I can see. Looks like it's gone. I agree, they were good! But maybe they sell more PDA phones than PDAs, and that's why.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    They are but remember, Sony has the Clie range of Palm based PDAs which were (and probably still are) selling better than their PalmOne counterparts.
    You mean 'had.' Sony stopped overseas (outside Japan) production last summer and their last new model release was back in September '04. They will stop all Clie production this coming June. In short, Sony is out of the Palm business. I think it's safe to conclude the Clie division (the only division of Sony manufacturing Palm OS products) is defunct while the Ericsson division is Symbian-focused. The Viao division is already assuming the customer support role for the remaining Clies (for 1 more year). Rumor mill says many of the former Clie employees will tranfer to the PSP division.
    Well, that's all relative. The Treo 600 had its own wrath of BIOS issues when it first came out (and I bought it when it literally got announced). When I updated the BIOS from PalmOne's website, those problems went away and the phone was smooth sailing ever since. If you are happy with the Treo and you find the keyboard indispensable, keep the Treo 600 for now until the Treo 650's issues have "calmed" down.
    Well I was fortunate enough to have bought my T600 after the major BIOS isses were fixed but it hasn't stopped me from having major trouble. All my own doing I'll admit but from my perspective if I'm paying AUD$1000 for a phone it really ought to do the job as well as a Nokia at half the price. If I feel I have to buy numerous 3rd party add-ons to make the interface user friendly then I guess I can only blame myself. Obviously that ignores the PDA functionality which was the factor which swung me in the first place but I can't help feeling a bit dissappointed just the same.

If I were you, with what I know now, and I wanted to jump to the Windows platform, I wouldn't choose the XDA II Mini because of its 64Mb footprint. But there aren't that many Windows phones that are in the size/form factor as the XDA II Mini so I guess your choice is limited if you like your phone to be "compact". Otherwise, look at the O2 XDA II and IIs (and its imate equivalents).
    Yes I've looked at the XDA IIs but I felt it was just too bulky and heavy and I'm not convinced that MS has really conquered its mini windows OS just yet. I think I'd like to see some major improvements before I make any jump.

The other phones suggested here are predominantly available in the US and/or are derivatives of the ones I mentioned here anyway.
    I guess the one advantage of being at the other end of the world is that hopefully some of the bugs get sorted before the technology arrives here. Unfortunately the T650 has arrived with all of its little problems just the same.
    <HTML><BODY><FONT color=#000066><FONT size=5><FONT face="Comic Sans MS"><B>PhilzGr8</FONT><MARQUEE id=Marquee2 style="WIDTH: 384px; HEIGHT: 17px" trueSpeed scrollAmount=1 scrollDelay=8 behavior=slide loop=1 border="0"><SPAN class=956281604-11022005><FONT size=1>Treo 600 User Par Excellence</FONT></SPAN></MARQUEE></B><BR></P></DIV>&nbsp;</BODY></HTML>
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678