1.    #1  
    The h6315 has been pulled from the stores and the website as of this morning. Anyone with inside info? Could this create a need to rush the MDA IV to the US?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I can start a rumor, if you like. T-Mobile is replacing it with the MDA VIII
    No, they'll be rolling out the new Treo 1000. It'll dual boot, WM2003@640x480, or Palm@ 320x320 (the bottom portion of the screen will be a Virtual Graffiti area for the Palm OS.) It will have 802.11g and BT 1.2. It will have 128MB ROM, (split 64/64 for WM2003 and Palm OS) and a 4GB internal HD.

It is also water resistant up to 100ft.

It will have CIR and the keyboard will flip open, revealing an A/V remote control! P1 has listened to those infatuated with the idea of changing channels with a phone, and have included this. Can also be used to open garage doors.

There will be two "P" keys, should the main one fail.

Lastly, it will run both CDMA and GSM networks and have an XM receiver.

This is all fiction, i don't want to see this posted on other sites, because I know someone out there will run with it.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe
    Been there done that...

Can't believe how dead BH has become over the past year. Used to be my forum of choice.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I like the look of the proposed replacement, though. It would be perfect for my husband's work place, which is "no cell phones allowed".
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    I have been told that they are updating the software on the device. I am guessing they'll be back soon with new software and hopefully it is improved, not just new.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    hahahahaha
  9.    #9  
    ... Can also be used to open garage doors.
    Randomly, or my door?
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    I vote randomly. That would be a lot more fun.
    There was a ROM update 2/14 for the h6340 and h6365. Maybe they're pulling all the inventory to update it when the h6315 ROM is ready. My gf just updated our h6365. She's a PA student about to graduate and leans on her device pretty hard. It's certainly not perfect but gets the job done.

Todd/Indy
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    I had an Ipaq 63xx series device for a week. It was a load of cr*p. I returned it, and any T-Mobile store I am at I don't hesitate to let the sales reps know how bad the Ipaq is and how cool my GSM unlocked Treo 650 is in comparisson.

Why doesn't T-Mobile bring over their MDA compact, aka the I-Mate Jam? Now that's a cool little Pocket PC.
    Palm III -> Palm V -> Blue Palm Vx w/Omnisky -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 680
    No, they'll be rolling out the new Treo 1000. It'll dual boot, WM2003@640x480, or Palm@ 320x320 (the bottom portion of the screen will be a Virtual Graffiti area for the Palm OS.) It will have 802.11g and BT 1.2. It will have 128MB ROM, (split 64/64 for WM2003 and Palm OS) and a 4GB internal HD.

It is also water resistant up to 100ft.

It will have CIR and the keyboard will flip open, revealing an A/V remote control! P1 has listened to those infatuated with the idea of changing channels with a phone, and have included this. Can also be used to open garage doors.

Lastly, it will run both CDMA and GSM networks and have an XM receiver.

This is all fiction, i don't want to see this posted on other sites, because I know someone out there will run with it.
    WHAT!!!! NO BLUETOOTH 2.0! NO SALE! :P
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
  14.    #14  
    I had the 6315 for two weeks and it worked great except for the phone reception in an area of town where I've been spending a lot of time. I understand that reception is one of the fixes of the update although I don't know if it's for my particular reception problem. The other limitation for us Treo types is that it doesn't have a built-in keyboard and the design flaw is that the one it has is not backlit. This iPAQ is -or was- still one of the few loaded options out there (wi-fi, BT, camera), and from a carrier with reasonable data plans that has given me excellent service and support. If an improved one comes back before I can get a Nokia communicator, an MDA IV, or a worthy Treo, I may give it another try.

I've picked up a BB 7100t. For now, I'm captivated by its bearable lightness and I'm enjoying learning yet another OS.
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 04/03/2005 at 12:26 PM.
  15.    #15  
    FYI and FWIW, HP evidently solved T-Mo's problems with the h6315 and it is back on their website.
  16.    #16  
    Again, FWIW, here's PC World,s take on this: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120173,00.asp (posting this on my 7100t)

Sorry, I posted the wrong article from the 7100t. Here is the updated news: http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,120285,00.asp
    Last edited by Rodolfo; 04/05/2005 at 10:29 PM.