1.    #1  
    Read an interesting article about RIM and Palmone. According to this, doesn't look like the blackberries have much of a chance against the 650.

http://www.shiaustreet.com/2005/march/09/rim.php
    Good article. I just switched from Crackberry to the 650. The crack was more reliable than Palm.
    Tony
    Global Posts
    500 Global Posts
    Interesting article indeed! I'm not sure about their "plight" though. If RIMM can get past that patent lawsuit, all the handheld manufacturers will do partnership deals with BB. Big companies may trust RIMM more than Micro$oft when it comes to protecting the security of their emails.
    I wouldn't buy either stock right now, but there's enough wireless growth projected for both to thrive with strong products. It seems that Palm is even more of a one-trick pony when it comes to communicators or smartphones, plus, unlike RIM, it's dependent on a shrinking PDA revenue component. The market is more segmented than the article suggests though. There are a lot of business users that have no interest in anything but email and the phone. Also, the 7100 is hot because it's a low-cost integrated option for young people. Even if you don't have the BB server, you can set it up to access up to 10 POP3 or IMAP accounts -plus, it has built-in instant messaging. Full mail and IM functionality, and a phone with a much better keyboard for mail and IM than other $200 phones. Simple formula for millions.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    If you don't have BB server and you set up a Blackberry with your POP accounts, is it still push email or is it just like VersaMail on the Treo?
    its a desktop redirector- similar to seven or bcee personal edition- you need the software running on a desktop for it to work. the problem with this is that the people who usually benefit from this kind of mobility usually have laptops- meaning they do not have a computer connected to the internet and email 24/7 to forward... thus the catch 22.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)