1.    #1  
    http://www.sprint.com/business/produ...lPcsPhones.jsp

hey- i just saw this on sprint's website- and i remember my sales rep talking about this phone last year with a release date around the treo 650- i guess this one fell through the cracks. anyway- anyone have any ideas how the phone operates on cdma and gsm? as in does it come gsm unlocked already? or do you have to call sprint and set something up?
    also- i'm quite annoyed that the thing doesn't have bluetooth and some sort of computer connectivity
    man i just realized that i've never owned a phone that wasn't able to connect to my computer! how crazy
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Well qualcomm (i think?) has a cdma/gsm radio chip available. so it wouldn't be anything for a cell phone to use it.

The gsm probably works just like it does currently, where it can be locked or unlocked.
    "The danger from computers is not that they will eventually get as smart as men, but that we will agree to meet them halfway." -Bernard Avishai
    "Computers are a lot like air conditioners - they both work great until you open windows." -Anonymous

Yes, I heard about the dual radio chip (GSM and CDMA). I wonder if both radio modes have data capability--where you do Vision in the US and GPRS/EDGE abroad. This is not explored in detail on Sprint's web site, but more than likely it would be explained in the PDF user guide.
    I'm interested in the Samsung i830 PPC Worldphone , but have no idea when it will be available.
    Good pick, Kupe. It looks almost identical to the i730. I wonder if it will support both fast data systems (EVDO and EDGE/UMTS).

This anticipation of newer devices is getting on my nerve. LOL. Every time I think I settled on one device, news of a better one comes out. I remember the same anxiety with laptop computers. I went through half a dozen of those.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    This anticipation of newer devices is getting on my nerve. LOL. Every time I think I settled on one device, news of a better one comes out. I remember the same anxiety with laptop computers. I went through half a dozen of those.
    Pure marketing genius. If these releases were two years apart, I'd just ride out a long-term contract. If the releases were 2 months apart, I'd skip a few and live with the one year contract. Instead, they are about nine months apart, and I can't wait for my one year contract to end! Ahh - the expense of it all!
    I have the Verizon version of this phone. It only works on the Verizon network in the US and the Vodafone network elsewhere in the world. CDMA and GSM do not work at the same time. You have to reset the phone to switch between the 2. Its a pretty phone, but slightly bulky. Other than being a world phone, there is nothing special about it.
    What maker and model? Does it work on both data systems? EVDO and EDGE?