1.    #1  
    After reading Hobbes review of the PPC-6600 (amongst others), I decided this device was going to suit me better than the Treo 650. So I've now got an SPV M2000 on Orange (who do Orange pay to make up these names?!).

After two weeks I'm definitely happy with it, but there are a few small things which are annoying me. Any ideas on solutions for these would be much appreciated:

Phone Problems
    I've had a couple of occasions where the I have had missed calls but I'm sure the phone never rang. I thought I read about some kind of problem with this several weeks ago, but I can't and reference to it now.

I had a problem last week where I tried to make a call when the battery level was only about 15%. I dialled, the other person answered, and the call timer started counting, the trouble is that I couldn't actually talk to them and didn't hear anything through the earpiece. The person I was calling had answered the phone and thought I had hung up as there was no sound.

Volume Control
    Basically it just seems to be more complicated than it needs to be. Definitely preferred the on/off switch on the Treo.

Hardware Buttons
    It's great to have so many programmable buttons, but I am finding that my saved settings (eg. assigning landscape mode to one of the side buttons) seem to be lost after a soft reset and/or battery change.

Ring Tone
    Same as above. Having changed the ring tone it seems to change back to the default setting sometimes.

Multiple Mobile Numbers
    I've tried the built-in Outlook, Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion and there doesn't seem to be any way of renaming the phone number fields. So where I used to be able to have multiple mobile numbers for an individual contact in Palm OS/Agendus, I can now only have one number called 'Mobile'.

The problem I'm having with this is that the messaging app. will then only allow me to use this one 'Mobile' number to send an SMS.

Threaded SMS Messages
    I knew this was good on the Treo, but now I don't have it anymore I realise just HOW good it was!

Hopefully I'm making very simple mistakes with some of these and someone can point me in the right direction

thanks
    Mark
    SPV M2000 on Orange? is that the name used for the PDA2K?

Are you using Microsoft Voice Command?

Re: multiple phone numbers. The palm method of pull-down menu is not supported here. But you have a dozen phone number options to input for each user. Why do you need to rename a phone field?

Volume: other than it sucking and being too low, the setting remains unless you use Voice Command 1.5 which is known to screw up your audio levels, ringer level, etc.

Hardware button: don't have that problem. Once set it always stays there till I change it.

Can't help you with threaded SMS. I don't use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Markmat
    Multiple Mobile Numbers
    I've tried the built-in Outlook, Pocket Informant and Agenda Fusion and there doesn't seem to be any way of renaming the phone number fields. So where I used to be able to have multiple mobile numbers for an individual contact in Palm OS/Agendus, I can now only have one number called 'Mobile'.

The problem I'm having with this is that the messaging app. will then only allow me to use this one 'Mobile' number to send an SMS.
    Try adding and labeling numbers on your desktop Outlook and then running ActiveSync.
    You may be right; I may be crazy. But, the Treo may be just the device I've been looking for.
    Threaded SMS is sorely missed when moving from the Treo line to the PPC platform... maybe about the only thing for me!

No software available to offer this feature, and nothing on the horizon that I know of. Just something we have to live with for now.

As far as the ringer switch, yeah, it bites, here's what I do:

Turn on the device, press UP on the volume switch, use my finger to hit either vibrate or off, then shut off the device.

That way to turn it back on, I just raise the volume switch, and ringer volume restores to max as soon as you move past on.

Also, as a new convert, USE YOUR FINGER ON THE SCREEN. The screen was meant to be used like that, so long as you have a screen protector, and its far more accurate that the Treo. That is what took me the longest to learn, but its now very intuitive.
  5.    #5  
    I've tried the idea of assigning labels on the desktop but I can't get it to work. I can have two fields called 'mobile', but it won't let me save different numbers in the two fields.

I'm not actually bothered about both fields being called 'mobile', the important thing is really to get the SMS app to show me all the relevant numbers.
  6.    #6  
    Having had a chance to do a bit more testing it seems to be only the Camera button that is reverting to it's default settings.

The other two buttons that I have reprogrammed are fine, but whatever function I assign to the camera button only seems to survive for a day or so. Is anyone else seeing this?