1.    #1  
    well after looking over all the diffrent forums it seems that u are the expert around these parts.. questions are i just got the ppc-6600, love the phone but it is my first pda. i have did the camera reg edits, and now 1: i was wonder what is the best voice command program to get in your opinion.
    2: is that sbg or sbc program that is always in discusion worth getting, problems with the program versus features it provides?
    3: have you got it to work on a wireless network, and if so which wifi card would you recommend?
    and last thing, i have been reading so many diffrent forums that i dont remember were i read everything, thier was a program that was talked about i believe it was called something like dvd to pda?? it chopped down dvds to sd sizes that could be watched on the pda. what was the actually name of the prgram?? thanks for everything Benny
    cool thread - because i wanted to ask about voice command - i ordered 1.5 - is that the one you have?
    VC 1.5 works pretty good and is a free upgrade from 1.0. Turn of the "annouce incoming calls" option or it will distort.

SPB Pocket Plus if the software package that you mentioned. Some like it and some don't. I run it without problems.

Hobbes will have to answer the wireless card question as I don't use WiFi.

DVD2PPC is one I have. Haven't yet fooled with it.

Google it.

Good Luck,

(and apologies to Hobbes wherever he may be).

Bob Duckworth
    sorry folks.....starting about 2-3 weeks ago and continuing through this whole month, work is insane.....I have had very little time to cruise through the forums and to hang around very much. As it gets closer to spring and summer, I will start to have loads of time again.

Here you go:

MS Voice Command 1.5: Good app. I personally love it. But it apparently does have some bugs with it....most of which I have never experienced. Most of the bugs have to do with playing nice with other programs. For example for some odd reason, when VC is enabled most people get weird effects with using the camera, album, or picture mail. When I disable VC, it all works again for me again. But other than that, it is great for hands free navication and calling on the 6600 (though you do have to push one button to initiate VC to listen for a command). there are othe VC programs out there....but I have never used them.

SPB Pocket Plus:
    I recommend this program. Please see my Software link list thread to see details of what this has to offer. The only warning I give is if you use the Today plugin option, you can kill your system resources if you use tabs loaded with icons. I have deleted all the tabs, and only keep the system monitors with 6-8 most used program icons on it, and it works great. Some have reported conflicts with other programs, but by far and large no major issue if you don't go wild with the Today Plugin.

WIFI: DO NOT USE THE SCANDISK 256 MB COMBO WIFI CARD. They adverstise it works with 2003SE, but they never wrote a driver for it and have been quoted as never planning on writing one.

I do recomment the Socket Wifi card....had it installed and hooked up to my wireless network within 10 minutes after fedex rang my bell.

DVD to PDA:
    yes there there are a couple programs. One that I like is DVDsqueeze. I cann't think of the other real popular now....it will hit me at 3 am...i know it. I will post a follow up on this one...maybe even a new thread.

I hope this helps!
    I wish there was a version of voice command for non PPC phone edition pdas. That's one cool app that I haven't been able to try on my x50v...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Well, I complained so much and so did others, Microsoft is now working on improving Voice Command to work fully with BT headsets, and possibly address the volume quirks that seem to be associated with it. No time frame given.

gfunk, I suppose you could try voice command on your Dell. Dialing is only one aspect of it. It works with applications, system volumes, appointments, contacts, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Well, I complained so much and so did others, Microsoft is now working on improving Voice Command to work fully with BT headsets, and possibly address the volume quirks that seem to be associated with it. No time frame given.

gfunk, I suppose you could try voice command on your Dell. Dialing is only one aspect of it. It works with applications, system volumes, appointments, contacts, etc.
    Hey Tony....where did you hear about that....I would love to be able to use my BT headset with VC!!!! And hopefully hear system sounds, like my GPS announcements!
    There's Microsoft software engineer from the VC development team that looks in on our comments. He PM'd me and we had long exchanges about desirable features.
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I wish there was a version of voice command for non PPC phone edition pdas. That's one cool app that I haven't been able to try on my x50v...

It'll be pretty useless for you. Probably launching apps, commanding mp3 player, reading outloud your next appointment.

The biggest attraction is still. "Call dave, at the office" trick.