1.    #1  
    sup ppl, just got the 6600 yesterday, got it @ the $353. price, I'm a long time PPC user. Question, how the heck do ya turn that blinking light off
    I thought I've seen something on this, but a search did me no good.
    If I turn off phone service (hold down on red button), it stops.
    I am on the trial Vision, they set me up @ $15.00 and with my discount, it would run me 12.75 per month, so I may keep it on, but do I have to live with the Blinking light?
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    It is supposed to blink green. It means that the phone is turned on and you have a signal. It blinks red when you drop the signal (or if you have a notification). When hooked up to the computer, the solid orange means it's charging and solid green means it's fully charged.

I suppose if you can't live with the blinking green light, you could turn off the phone and use it as an expensive PDA, but that would be a waste.
    Jeff
    Try a silver permanent marker These PPC phones have two lights; one on each upper corner. If you look at it in a dark room at night it looks like it's a little Martian trying to land

The light on the right is power/charge indicator. Red=charging. Green=full charge. The one one on the left is for GPRS/Data/Bluetooth. It flashes when it's trying to lock on a singnal. My SX66 flashes when connecting to WiFi as well. The only way that I know of to turn it off is to turnthe flight mode on, which turns your radio (phone) off; not a good compromise .

I'm sure someone who doesn't have a PPC phone may jump in and say: rtfm.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    Try a silver permanent marker These PPC phones have two lights; one on each upper corner. If you look at it in a dark room at night it looks like it's a little Martian trying to land

The light on the right is power/charge indicator. Red=charging. Green=full charge. The one one on the left is for GPRS/Data/Bluetooth. It flashes when it's trying to lock on a singnal. My SX66 flashes when connecting to WiFi as well. The only way that I know of to turn it off is to turnthe flight mode on, which turns your radio (phone) off; not a good compromise .

I'm sure someone who doesn't have a PPC phone may jump in and say: rtfm.
    I remember there was a review where the guy was really upset about these lights because he said they looked "like horns"....because "he doesn't like horns" or something like that... I thought that was HILARIOUS that he was so angry sounding about it...
    *sparks*
    You are in luck, this was just posted over at PDAphoneHome yesterday:

Here is one that was elsewhere on the forum. I thought it would make a good addition to this thread.

How to turn off the Blinking LED's

"Here is my thread on the indicator lights"

Here is a revised procedure for turning the Green LED off. Cabrio came up with this.

To keep the Green LED from flashing or coming on at all go to

Hkey_Local_Machine/Drivers/Builtin/NLEDMGR leave the dll name as NLEDMGR.dll

Change the Index value below it to "0" it is currently set to "1".

This seems to completely shut off the LED and keeps it from getting called up.

Make sure you soft reset after making the reg. change.

errrr, registry edit?

Not everyone is comfortable with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    errrr, registry edit?

Not everyone is comfortable with that.
    It's the way I know how to do it. But....You are right I forgot to include the standard warning:

PLEASE NOTE: Proceed at your own risk.
    Not to scare you off, but........Editing the registry can be fatal to your system, requiring a hard reset, if you do something wrong. So, always make sure you have a current backup before you attempt any of these registry edits in this thread.

REGISTRY EDITORS
    Here are two popular resgistry editors:

PHM Registry Editor (Free): http://www.phm.lu/Products/PocketPC/RegEdit/

MY Personal Favorite and the one I use is the Resco registry editor included in Resco's File Manager: http://www.resco-net.com/explorer.asp
    I have Resco, but have not attempted any registry edits yet. It will not hurt, in my case, since this phone is going back.
  9.    #9  
    Thanks Hobbes, that did work. I don't know how many notifications will not show now, had one but didn't test them all out, but I don't want to lose the power or charge light.
    It's just that with the status icon why do I need a Blinking light also, oh well.

Oh, I also use and think Resco is da best.
    I found on mine, the green light stopped blinking, the charge and BT light still worked. Perfect for me.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    does this also turn off the "low battery red blink" light? i don't mind the green blinking because the treo 600 used to do it all the time, plus it helps remind me the phone is on (i turn it off frequently when traveling through hospitals or restricted areas).

btw - i never got a reply about if the 6600 worked with bt dun via wmodem or if the new 6601 firmware works with wmodem. this question is only for sprint ppl btw
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I found on mine, the green light stopped blinking, the charge and BT light still worked. Perfect for me.
    That's strange, if we both did the same reg. change, I get no charge lights.
    I did a USB only, then with power cord, no lights ?
    Live with one or without the other. lol
    I'm sure (hope) someone will *** up with a fix, or maybe WM2005.
  13.    #13  
    If ya don't want to play with your registry, Tinyquote posted a nice little app to turn off either left or right or both lights, still no charge light for me, lol
    @ SprintUsers
    LedOff
    cool! That ledOFF trick did it. I turned off both annoying LEDs. Thanks, for the link.