Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    The PPC6601 Firmware Update is now available on Audiovox web site

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...&beginIndex=21
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyH
    The PPC6601 Firmware Update is now available on Audiovox web site

http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...&beginIndex=21
    i only see the verizon update there which i think came out about 2 weeks ago...did you see another one there for the 01?
    *sparks*
  3.    #3  
    huh? When you click that link you'll see the doc file on upgrading the PPC6601. It is called PPC6601Kit.doc. Does that not lead to the actual firmware?

Here's the file you need:

HA_SPCS_13600_112_00140_6601
    Last edited by TonyH; 02/24/2005 at 12:16 AM.
    huh? When you click that link you'll see the doc file on upgrading the PPC6601. It is called PPC6601Kit.doc. Does that not lead to the actual firmware?

Here's the file you need:

HA_SPCS_13600_112_00140_6601
    weird i mustve had a cached version of the page, ive been checking it every day... i just closed ie and reopened and there it is...
    *sparks*
  5.    #5  
    Here's what to expect after the update:

Rom: 1.36.00 wwe
    Ext rom: 1.36.112 wwe
    Radio : HA00.140
    BT: ver 1.0.0 build 3500
    I find so odd that beyond the end result of the version numbers....we don't know squat what they are updating, beside BT stack.
  7.    #7  
    That's true of both Siemens and Audiovox. Documentation does not say what the update addresses. I actually have BT1.0.0.Build 3900 now on the SX66, but I still get static unless I hold the phone right next to the BT headset.
    Here's what to expect after the update:
    yeah, i noticed this too... the EXT ROM version is different than the one shipped on my 6600... 6600 is 1.36.110 WWE

Also, PRL version (anyone know what this is?) Is newer on my 6600 (10025) than on the 6601 after the update (10024- Not sure what it was before i updated). Anyway, I'm glad i got the 6600 before this update came out, I woulda had a harder time getting the swap done.
    The rest of the stuff is the same on both after updating the 01.

By the way, I'm getting this 6601 ready to send back, after doing a hard reset, then the update and another hard reset, it still has my sprint username in there in the settings->system->device info section, as well as my phone #... anyone know of anyway to remove this or should i not have to worry about it?
    *sparks*
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Phone number? Hmm... Phone number should not be under Device Information... in ANY of the tabs...version, hardward, identity, none.
    what should be under version is your ESN # and your username.
    As for the rest of the "new" update - apparently it looks like WModem may either be DISABLED or disabled only by BT. those of you that have either the 6600 or the new ROM for the 6601... please check if your WModem works.
    also, it seems this ppc that i thought was pretty much bug free has its bugs - today my co worker took his phone out of the cradle (had been charging for hours) and the phone wouldn't turn on - all lights were off except the yellow/orange charging light. being the moron that i am, instead of soft resetting with the stylus i just popped the battery. put it back in in 2 seconds. low and behold, a hard reset. what's funny about this is after resetting, i went to the power / battery screen. battery was at 100% and the Backup was at 75%. the other problem i had as of late was after his prl 10025 update (i'm sure this has NOTHING to do with it, but this is when i noticed it) I lost all ringers except Windows Default... completely disappeared from the Windows directory. how odd!
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    Phone number? Hmm... Phone number should not be under Device Information... in ANY of the tabs...version, hardward, identity, none.
    er... actually i meant to say the phone # appears when i do a reverse logistic on it under "Mobile Number" and "MSID"
    I'va already provisioned my 6600, i would have thought that these would be gone.
    *sparks*
  11.    #11  
    That phone number will go away when it is ported to another ESN. It is not stored in the phone, but rather in the carrier's system.
  12.    #12  
    Sledgie, the backup battery on these phones is very touchy. Unless it is sitting at 100% you almost always experiece a hard reset when removing the battery. That explains losing the ringers, and not the PRL update, IMO.
    That phone number will go away when it is ported to another ESN
    Ah, ok, thanks.

Umm... has anyone had any "success"....er...."accidentally forgetting" to put the battery and or styluses in the return kit for their ppc...?
    *sparks*
  14.    #14  
    Actually, Sprint asked me to include only the phone, battery, and charger in that flimsy bag they sent me. I asked them if they don't care if the phone gets crushed in shipping and they said "No."
  15.    #15  
    LOL. This is almost like live chat
    Actually, Sprint asked me to include only the phone, battery, and charger in that flimsy bag they sent me. I asked them if they don't care if the phone gets crushed in shipping and they said "No."
    damn, theres alot of poor kids in china who could really go for a 6601, seems like such a waste ...i have developed somewhat of a personal attachment to that device over the last month, i'd hate to see it get crushed!!!!
    *sparks*
    "Battery" being the operative word there... damn.. that woulda been cool. They didnt want the cradle?
    *sparks*
  18.    #18  
    The rep was specific. Now I have two PPC cradles, 4 styli, 100 wired headsets

Don't worry, the 2200 and 3300 mAh batterues are out now. You don't need this thin battery.

Just to be on the safe side I talked to UPS, and they also didn't care. But I wrapped the phone in bubble sheets.

Don't worry, the 2200 and 3300 mAh batterues are out now. You don't need this thin battery.

Just to be on the safe side I talked to UPS, and they also didn't care. But I wrapped the phone in bubble sheets.
    How long ago did you send it back? Have you received a credit yet?
    Just wondering how long they will take with that....
    *sparks*

Thats great about the cradle, i will set one up at my office.
    *sparks*
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast