Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    well, what's interesting is that the Backup battery should have been at 100% - battery shouldn't drain unless you take the main battery away from the unit, i.e. hard reset after 30 minutes. this battery had only been removed once - shouldn't have happened.
    another interesting note is today when i was setting up overclocking the processor for speed tests, i had to reset during middle of test (over 1000mhz) and it hard reset the device just by soft resetting it with stylus - and guess what - backup battery was at 75%. interesting
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    How long ago did you send it back? Have you received a credit yet?
    Just wondering how long they will take with that....
    It was delivered to the warehouse in Louisville, KY today. Sprint said upon receiving it they would apply full credit within 2 weeks.

If they give me any crap about the cradle I'll send it to them. But that rep was very specific about what she wanted back.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    well, what's interesting is that the Backup battery should have been at 100% - battery shouldn't drain unless you take the main battery away from the unit, i.e. hard reset after 30 minutes. this battery had only been removed once - shouldn't have happened.
    another interesting note is today when i was setting up overclocking the processor for speed tests, i had to reset during middle of test (over 1000mhz) and it hard reset the device just by soft resetting it with stylus - and guess what - backup battery was at 75%. interesting
    What was it before the reset? I heard claims that if the backup battery is not fully charged initially (several hours, overnight, etc.) it will not go to 100%. I don't believe that because the backup battery, if the unit is not plugged into AC, does indeed charge itself from the main battery.

I know that does't explain the hard reset when it's at 50% or more and the main batt is removed for a short period. I was bothered by that fact. So now, if I want to swap SIMs I always check the backup battery gauge.
    Quote Originally Posted by HobbesIsReal
    I find so odd that beyond the end result of the version numbers....we don't know squat what they are updating, beside BT stack.
    WWE = "World Wide English.

Bob Duckworth
    Quote Originally Posted by limesparks
    How long ago did you send it back? Have you received a credit yet?
    Just wondering how long they will take with that....
    Careful:

When I sent one back, they credited my "Closed" account rather than the credit card I purchased it on. It took them two week to correct that error.

Bob Duckworth
    The paper in my return kit for the first phone said to return all components that I recieved with the replacement phone. I only sent back the phone, battery, and charger. This week should be two weeks after they received it so I had better check my credit card.
    Anyone done the upgrade yet? If so, any warnings or other information for the rest of us.
    Quote Originally Posted by WFTarHeel
    Anyone done the upgrade yet? If so, any warnings or other information for the rest of us.
    I can tell you how it went from the VZW side of the world:

1. Back-up your contact and calendar data up before you start.

2. Make sure you have the apps you need to re-install as you will not be reloading them from a backup file. Make sure your have the necessary reg codes and passwords for all your stuff. I'll tell you why: reloading a B/U file on the VZW device will restore the Ext ROM image from the backup overwriting your new Ext ROM image. SPCS may differ, but, I'll bet you it doesn't.

3. Perform a hard reset on your device after you are sure you have everything you need to restore your apps from scratch.

4. Establish an Active Sync partnership wih your computer. VZW suggested that you do this as a guest, I just whacked in a new name.

5. Run the ROM update. If it stalls, be patient, it will likely complete eventually. If necessary, break the AS connection and start over. Try a different USB port on the box. Go directly into the computer USB port, don't use a USB hub.

6. Once it installs, it will likely HR your handset and when it restarts, you can check the version data to make sure you have everything you need.

7. STOP - DO NOT PROCEED!! Reload your contacts and calendar data. Make sure they are correct. Make a back-up here and label it as something you will understand to be the basic setup of your machine. Save it somewhere safe. If you hose your handset later with a bad software package, saving this on your SD card will give you life on the road as a last resort.

8. Re-install your "Stuff". Make sure it works as you want it to. When finished, make a complete back-up and label it. Save it to your SD card. This will give you a road-worthy reload out there in the cruel world and bring you right back to snuff should the worst happen. (And it will happen trust me.)

9. Establish a back-up routine that works for you. Use it!

10. Oh yeah, did I mention back-ups? You get the picture. Back-ups are your friend.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    I'd really like to know if the Wmodem on the updated firmware works via USB or Bluetooth or not... Also, has anyone tried Wmodem on the 6600 via USB or Bluetooth? I will not update if it means losing my wmodem.. i remember i never updated with the treo 600 for 8 months after SPCS firmware release
    Backups completed. Thanks for the tip, Bob. Now, I'm going in.
    Quote Originally Posted by WFTarHeel
    Backups completed. Thanks for the tip, Bob. Now, I'm going in.
    Go for it! Note to all:

We discovered the hard way that the backup would restore the old Ext ROM version BUT that a simple HR would restore the NEW Ext ROM version. No need to re-run the ROM updater.

Good Luck,

Bob Duckworth
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by sledgie
    I'd really like to know if the Wmodem on the updated firmware works via USB or Bluetooth or not... Also, has anyone tried Wmodem on the 6600 via USB or Bluetooth? I will not update if it means losing my wmodem.. i remember i never updated with the treo 600 for 8 months after SPCS firmware release
    Currently I can only talk about my SX66 flavor. BT DUN works fine after the update. I have not tried WModem on this phone since BT is so straight forward. But wmodem worked fine on my PP6601, which was shipped back prior to the update.
    Global Posts
    501 Global Posts
    Right, Wmodem works fine on 6601 without new firmware - i'm looking to see if the new firmware disabled BT DUN with wmodem or if wmodem is disabled altogether. I know the application is still there - but does it work? either for 6600 or new firmware 6601 patch
    Did my upgrade today...no problems at all...just had a 1 hour phone conversation on the 6601 and no BOD, this would have been impossible prior to the upgrade, here's hoping no return of the atrocious BOD.... wow I can finally use my $600+ phone as a phone, what a news flash! ROFEL
    Everything went smooth. Bluetooth is working fantastic and so far no BOD! I hope this is a sign of the good things to come.
    Quote Originally Posted by yitzchakis1
    Did my upgrade today...no problems at all...just had a 1 hour phone conversation on the 6601 and no BOD, this would have been impossible prior to the upgrade, here's hoping no return of the atrocious BOD.... wow I can finally use my $600+ phone as a phone, what a news flash! ROFEL
    Yes, my 6600 has no BoD for 3 days now, hallelujah....
    *sparks*
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12